2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Apr 27, 2013 -> 05:38 PM)
Carlesimo just said that the Nets had some tough calls go against them in his post game presser. What the hell game was he watching?

rofl i was gonna post that. lold so much

they had isaih talking about mj too rofl

thiibs didn't give nate very much props either

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

I was lucky enough to be at the game, and from our angle, Nate's shots were of very high difficulty which some of them were "are you fking kidding me" shots, especially those bang shots late in OT. I think he hit like 10 shots in a row or something, he was locked in, late in the game when he had the ball, the whole stadium knew he was going to score.

Reffing was BS in this game. Was there some contact? Yes, in some plays. We are in the f***ing playoffs for sake, let them play through minor contacts. At least from what I saw, we didn't get the same treatments as the Nets did. Even some of the calls we got were make up calls for the horrible calls from before. I love at the end of the game when we knew we had this one, the whole crowd was chanting "Ref you suck!", and rightfully so.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 27, 2013 -> 11:11 PM)
What a finish. One thing you can never do with the Bulls is question their TWTW.

I'd like to see Stacey King go on NBA TV and argue about TWTW with their resident stat head or something...haha.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 27, 2013 -> 09:33 PM)
I was lucky enough to be at the game, and from our angle, Nate's shots were of very high difficulty which some of them were "are you fking kidding me" shots, especially those bang shots late in OT. I think he hit like 10 shots in a row or something, he was locked in, late in the game when he had the ball, the whole stadium knew he was going to score.

Reffing was BS in this game. Was there some contact? Yes, in some plays. We are in the f***ing playoffs for sake, let them play through minor contacts. At least from what I saw, we didn't get the same treatments as the Nets did. Even some of the calls we got were make up calls for the horrible calls from before. I love at the end of the game when we knew we had this one, the whole crowd was chanting "Ref you suck!", and rightfully so.

It was quite obvious, and I hate to say it, that the NBA wanted the Nets to win that one. It's never been more obvious, anyway. The insanity of Nate down the stretch and the ineptitude of the Nets threw a wrench in their plans.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 28, 2013 -> 08:32 AM)
It was quite obvious, and I hate to say it, that the NBA wanted the Nets to win that one. It's never been more obvious, anyway. The insanity of Nate down the stretch and the ineptitude of the Nets threw a wrench in their plans.

I had to go back through the play by play on GameCast to see when fouls were called on Brooklyn from the middle of the 4th to the end of the game. There were a few I forgot but still few and far between.

Bulls really had no business winning that game with all the guys that fouled out. Brooklyn is just awful and stupid down the stretch.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28, 2013 -> 09:32 AM)
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 1h

Nate Robinson's 23 points in 4th quarter were 2nd most by Bulls player in a playoff quarter..Michael Jordan had 24 in quarter in 1990

Stacey pointed that out a few times. The stuff Nate was throwing in had me in awe. I'll give him that.

We need a gif of Watson's chunk

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 27, 2013 -> 02:38 PM)
NBA officiating is more entertaining than the actual game.

The officiating was down right brutal in OT. Bulls were completely robbed. Thankfully they overcame it. Reasons like this is why I've always wondered why teams never liked Nate. You are down big...you bring him in and say go for it. He either lights it up or you stink and lose anyway. Not many guys in the league can score in buckets like he can.

That said, you know you also have to be prepared to give him the quick hook. Yesterday's press conference was the most complimentary I've ever seen Thibs in regards to Nate and even then it is a very very minimal compliment. Thibs cracks me up. Hell of a win. Still pathetic how they closed at the end of the 1st half. Changed the course of the game.