2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2013 -> 09:11 AM)
You forget, I was the one campaigning for a mini-blow up because this was going to be a waste of a season.

"the one"

That's a pretty exclusive comment for a group that was rather large and outspoken.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2013 -> 07:03 AM)
I couldn't even watch this game yesterday. I might not watch game 7 either depending on what we can send out there. Heck if Rose can't play, why should I watch?

I actually really enjoyed the game yesterday.

Step 1. Expectations set low with so many injuries

Step 2. Team plays with unbelievable heart and almost pulled it out.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 3, 2013 -> 07:41 AM)
If he had meningitis or even a thought he may, no way he would have been at the UC last night.

They sent him away.

I find the anti Rose sentiment here rather amusing considering that in less than a year you guys will be firmly and comfortably on the DR1 bandwagon.

Chicago sports teams fans, gotta love 'em.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 3, 2013 -> 10:57 AM)
I find the anti Rose sentiment here rather amusing considering that in less than a year you guys will be firmly and comfortably on the DR1 bandwagon.

Pretty much. Though you have to admit the guy isn't doing himself any favors. Certainly giving people ammunition:

healthyrose.gif

He shouldn't be on the bench, and shouldn't be warming up before games.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 3, 2013 -> 11:00 AM)
Pretty much. Though you have to admit the guy isn't doing himself any favors. Certainly giving people ammunition:

healthyrose.gif

He shouldn't be on the bench, and shouldn't be warming up before games.

The handling of the Rose injury has been a mega clusterf*** PR wise, and those "The Return" ads didn't help either. The Bulls should've anounced early on that Rose wouldn't come back this year like Wilbon said, anything else would be an awesome surprise.

Do people really think that Rose, who hasn't played a minute of NBA basketball this year with this squad could come in and be effective? Really? Rose is a ball dominant player, you need time to mesh with your teammates. The playoffs aren't the time and place to find a chemistry. When Rose didn't come back in the regular season, it was 100% guaranteed he wouldn't be back in the playoffs.

The Bulls are on the verge of losing this series because of the MASH unit the team has become. A healthy Bulls team without Rose handles the Nets or anybody else outside the Miami Heat in the EC.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 3, 2013 -> 11:23 AM)
The handling of the Rose injury has been a mega clusterf*** PR wise, and those "The Return" ads didn't help either. The Bulls should've anounced early on that Rose wouldn't come back this year like Wilbon said, anything else would be an awesome surprise.

Do people really think that Rose, who hasn't played a minute of NBA basketball this year with this squad could come in and be effective? Really? Rose is a ball dominant player, you need time to mesh with your teammates. The playoffs aren't the time and place to find a chemistry. When Rose didn't come back in the regular season, it was 100% guaranteed he wouldn't be back in the playoffs.

The Bulls are on the verge of losing this series because of the MASH unit the team has become. A healthy Bulls team without Rose handles the Nets or anybody else outside the Miami Heat in the EC.

The Bulls never announced that he wouldn't come back because nobody in their right mind would say that an ACL tear requires 12 months of recovery in the year 2013. This is why he was cleared with over 2 months remaining in the season. His doctor practically complained to the media that he was holding his recovery back by not complaining.

With that said, yes, a healthy Bulls minus Rose would be pretty successful in the Eastern Conference playoffs. On the other hand, injuries really hurt when you have one player that willfully holds himself out on top of the injuries you'd be encountering anyway.

Also, chemistry? Do you think the Robinson-Rip Hamilton-Belinelli-Gibson-Boozer lineup had any chemistry last night? Do you think any of the lineups had ANY chemistry? If we had the chance to put a cohesive lineup out there, Derrick wouldn't look so bad. We just need a warm body.

Rose is not immune from criticism. Beyond that, I don't think anybody says "I hate Derrick Rose and I will never forgive him." In fact, I think everybody has accepted that, once he comes back, they'll likely forget about this. It doesn't change the fact that he should have attempted to come back at some point this season. If it's too uncomfortable, just sit out the rest of the year - at least he tried then.

Oh, and this would be true of every team's fans in any sport, don't just pin this on Chicago fans.

Everyone will remember this. It's what's happening right now. And there's no good reason for him not to be playing right now. Period. Rooting for him next year while playing has absolutely nothing to do with this.

No s*** he'll be back eventually, that's irrelevant.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 3, 2013 -> 11:23 AM)

Yes, as he's been playing for months, and practicing hard. His teammates are saying he looks good. So yes, he could be effective. Even if he's not back to his full potential, he has to START THE PROCESS. That's the whole reason everyone's upset.

Mesh with teammates? Let's not make this sound like it's the first year he's been a Bull.

Stop making ridiculous excuses for why he shouldn't be back. And no, it wasn't guaranteed, as according to him, it's a day to day thing. His body, which is what he's claiming this is about, doesn't know when the schedule flips from regular season to postseason.

Yeah, unsurprisingly, when healthy players are on the court playing, I tend to want to root for them. When healthy players are jumping up and down on the sidelines and throwing down insane pre-game dunks, and then sitting out games, I tend to get frustrated.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 3, 2013 -> 11:48 AM)
Yeah, unsurprisingly, when healthy players are on the court playing, I tend to want to root for them. When healthy players are jumping up and down on the sidelines and throwing down insane pre-game dunks, and then sitting out games, I tend to get frustrated.

I dont see how there is any defending him at this point. He's healthy and yet CHOOSES to sit out. It's weird.

Look, I don't want to get in a long debate about if he should play or not. Doctors have been known to be wrong. If he doesn't feel right, then I trust his judgement because in my opinion Rose isn't a slacker or a "p****". IMO, he is being smart in taking his time. We've seen how other players who suffered the same kind of injury and came back when they were cleared were never the same afterwards. Look, it's a distinct possibility that Rose may never be as explosive as he was. I'm all for sacrificing this season (who really thinks Miami won't waltz their way to their second title?) in hopes of doing something different than other superstars who played when they were cleared only to be shadows of their former self. Maybe taking more time off than what the doctors say could be the difference and we'll see again an MVP version Rose? If that's what Derrick thinks,l I'll take that gamble as well.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 3, 2013 -> 11:48 AM)

If Jay Cutler were doing this, I don't think it'd be safe for him to show his face in public or even leave his house.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 3, 2013 -> 11:51 AM)
Look, I don't want to get in a long debate about if he should play or not. Doctors have been known to be wrong. If he doesn't feel right, then I trust his judgement because in my opinion Rose isn't a slacker or a "p****". IMO, he is being smart in taking his time. We've seen how other players who suffered the same kind of injury and came back when they were cleared were never the same afterwards. Look, it's a distinct possibility that Rose may never be as explosive as he was. I'm all for sacrificing this season (who really thinks Miami won't waltz their way to their second title?) in hopes of doing something different than other superstars who played when they were cleared only to be shadows of their former self. Maybe taking more time off than what the doctors say could be the difference and we'll see again an MVP version Rose? If that's what Derrick thinks,l I'll take that gamble as well.

He says he's 100% healthy. Chance of reinjury goes away very shortly after surgery. His problems are "mental"

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 3, 2013 -> 11:52 AM)
If Jay Cutler were doing this, I don't think it'd be safe for him to show his face in public or even leave his house.

Mex Sox Fan would be calling him a gigantic p****.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 3, 2013 -> 11:54 AM)
He says he's 100% healthy. Chance of reinjury goes away very shortly after surgery. His problems are "mental"

lol, are you minimizing the mental aspect? If in his mind he has doubts, let him have a summer's worth of burn and preseason to get his confidence in his body. Why do people here think that NBA practices = NBA games?

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 3, 2013 -> 11:51 AM)

ACL surgery at his age is old hat. Who didnt come back as good as before?