2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 3, 2013 -> 02:50 PM)
There isn't a person around who thinks the Bulls even with Rose 100%, has any chance vs. Miami. I am of the belief if he comes back next year at 100%, all of this will be forgotten.

Mostly, sure, but it'll always be there as a part of his legacy.

edit: unless he gets a ring in Chicago

Edited by StrangeSox

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (staxx @ May 3, 2013 -> 02:29 PM)
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/...ccording-report

"muscle memory" the reason rose is sitting.

Wow.

It's really f***ing pathetic at this point.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 3, 2013 -> 02:42 PM)
If this keeps up, Rose will get run out of Chicago and then we'll all be happy.

Good one. You're not addressing any of the points we're making. Bring something legit to the table. Your woe is me card doesn't do anything. No one said what you're saying. You're full of nonsense now.

Deng gets a f***ing spinal tap, Nate's throwing up, Noah's hurt, Hinrich's hurt...the Bulls are broken...Rose is in great shape and he's not playing due to muscle memory.

It's a joke at this point.

If muscle memory is the real issue with Rose, then wouldn't playing in games actually help him retrain his muscles?

IMO, he doesn't want to come back unless he's in full-fledge MVP mode. If that's the case, then I'm sorry but he's a s***ty teammate and competitor.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2013 -> 01:08 PM)
If Jay Cutler cheated on his ACT to get into Vandy, the Chicago media/public would have never forgiven him.

Vandy's actually a good academic school...

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ May 3, 2013 -> 02:40 PM)
I truly believe Rose NEEDS to play Saturday to save his image.

I can only imagine the types of articles and comments that will come out during the offseason if he doesn't play.

He's getting all this heat right now while games are still being played. I think a combination of writers running out of things to write during the summer, and upset players not being resigned with the Bulls will lead to some ugly stories for Rose.

Imagine if he doesn't play and they lose.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 4, 2013 -> 01:44 AM)
I guess Vinny is gonna get sacked.

As garbage of a player I think he is, to not play Jamal Crawford the entire 4th is inexcusable.

No Deng, Hinrich unlikely. DROSE lives in a bubble.

DRose on fan contingent upset with him sitting: "That’s my first time hearing about it. I barely turn on the TV. I’m with my son all day."

Why not say 'I'm out?' DRose: "Who knows? It’s still in the air. I’m still trying to be positive, still trying to take care of my body."

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 4, 2013 -> 11:14 AM)
No Deng, Hinrich unlikely. DROSE lives in a bubble.

DRose on fan contingent upset with him sitting: "That’s my first time hearing about it. I barely turn on the TV. I’m with my son all day."

Why not say 'I'm out?' DRose: "Who knows? It’s still in the air. I’m still trying to be positive, still trying to take care of my body."

Yep, no reason to watch tonight.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 4, 2013 -> 11:22 AM)
Yep, no reason to watch tonight.

I still can't believe you feel that way. Game 6 was a really good game to watch.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 4, 2013 -> 11:47 AM)
I still can't believe you feel that way. Game 6 was a really good game to watch.

They have no chance, due in a large part to their franchise cornerstone thinking the game isn't important enough for him to play in. If it isn't important enough to Rose who is making $20 million a year to play basketball, it isn't important enough to me who gets nothing out of it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 4, 2013 -> 12:57 PM)
They have no chance, due in a large part to their franchise cornerstone thinking the game isn't important enough for him to play in. If it isn't important enough to Rose who is making $20 million a year to play basketball, it isn't important enough to me who gets nothing out of it.

They will make it a surprisingly close game given how banged up they are, and they even have a shot to win, but they're seriously outnumbered and outgunned.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 4, 2013 -> 01:44 AM)
I guess Vinny is gonna get sacked.

That f***ing idiot has made so much money being a horrific coach for something like 6 years now. F*ck Vinney Del Negro.

UNAWARE OF OUTSIDE CRITICISM

Speaking on what could be the final day of the Chicago Bulls’ season, Derrick Rose said he’s unaware of outside criticism of his decision to sit out the season after May 2012 surgery to repair his torn left ACL and wouldn’t be bothered by it anyway because he’s listening to how his body feels.

“That’s my first time hearing about it,” Rose said Saturday of the critical fan contingent. “I barely turn on the TV. I’m with my son all day. So that’s about it.

“I’m feeling about the same, still being patient, still trying to take care of my body and just trying to enjoy this time and cheer on my teammates.”

Rose said there’s no benefit to announcing that he’s out for the season and said watching playoff games in street clothes has been difficult.

“It’s been hard,” he said. “But I’m able to get past it, knowing that my teammates are out there playing hard, giving the game everything they got. That’s all I can ask for.

“Who knows? It’s still in the air where I’m still trying to be positive and still trying to take care of my body.”

Rose said he hasn’t been pressured by the organization or teammates or coaches to play and is making the decision by himself. Asked about the perception that his inner circle of older brother Reggie Rose and agent B.J. Armstrong has influenced his decision, Rose acted incredulously.

“Who said that? If anything, it’s up to me,” Rose said. “My brother and them can’t tell me what to do with my body. They give me control. I’m in control of the whole process. It’s really all on me.”

Asked what the benefit of sitting the entire season is, Rose said: “Being healthy. Health-wise, if I do take the whole year off and don’t play anymore, I know I’m going to come back a better player. I guess my body will be healed more but who knows?

Rose said his body feels the same and he still is thinking rather than reacting when he plays.

“Still thinking. Still trying to take my time. Still the same old thing,” Rose said. “If anything changes, trust me, I’ll let you all know. It’s still the same.”

Rose was cleared for full-court scrimmaging on Feb. 18. The Bulls haven’t scrimmaged since March and rarely practice anymore, using walkthroughs and film sessions to review opponents.

“No one. I haven’t had any pressure anywhere,” Rose said. “You hear stuff. People say stuff. I have a lot of people text me, asking if I’m doing all right because I guess they’re paying attention to what’s going on in social media.

“I’m far from it. I rarely watch games. If it’s not our game, I rarely watch it. I know every team. I’ve been watching teams the whole year. There are good teams out there. I know basketball. I just got to get out on the court and play.”

Rose’s teammates and coaches have defended his decision throughout, most emphatically this week after TNT broadcaster and former Bull Steve Kerr said Rose “maybe owes it to his teammates” to play.

“It’s cool, man. It gives me some comfort,” Rose said of his internal support. “They see how hard I’m working in the gym, just putting my all into the game and sacrificing a lot of stuff to be a better player. Whenever I come back, I know I’m going to be way, way better. Just having that time to relax and be patient and fully heal, that’s the big picture right now.”

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...0,4939294.story

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 4, 2013 -> 11:57 AM)

They absolutely have a shot.

You're taking a pretty ridiculous stance on this Bulls team. The guys actually playing deserve as much support as any Bulls team in any of our life times.

EDIT: On a side note, I just realized that my avi was still Derrick. Ya, not anymore.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 4, 2013 -> 12:39 PM)

You're taking a pretty ridiculous stance on this Bulls team. The guys actually playing deserve as much support as any Bulls team in any of our life times.

EDIT: On a side note, I just realized that my avi was still Derrick. Ya, not anymore.

I have a ton of respect for the rest of the guys on this team. I'm just not about to waste three hours knowing that they are going to be beaten by a team that we should have beaten in 4 or 5 games, especially if our superstar gave a s***. This is as frustrated as I have ever been as a Bulls fan.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 4, 2013 -> 12:39 PM)

Can't wait to hear you all boo him next year. Or maybe we can get rid of him so all you are satisfied?