2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 6, 2013 -> 11:33 AM)
And just to add to that...the Heat will now get beaten up a bit by the Bulls, then beaten up again by Indiana...I'll just say that if Memphis can get themselves into the Finals, they could take advantage of a Heat team that is limping by that time.

Only if James is one of the ones hurting.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 5, 2013 -> 10:37 AM)
I feel like you've posted more in the nba thread the last week than you have the rest of your 10 years here combined.

Haha, correct. Because I hear so much Rose talk all day, so now I have a much stronger opinion on it than I normally would. Otherwise I don't try to talk too much NBA when I don't really follow it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 6, 2013 -> 04:28 PM)
Yeah, I was thinking that this morning as I drove in to work...you know the Heat would have much rather played the Nets...Now they have to deal with a much more physical series and the (albeit remote) possibility of Rose coming back...if they win this series, they were supposed to, if they lose, it's a huge upset and their legacy gets tarnished again.

I don't think the Heat are remotely worried about any competitors in east. Maybe Knicks, who could get really hot from 3pt.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 6, 2013 -> 12:52 PM)
I don't think the Heat are remotely worried about any competitors in east. Maybe Knicks, who could get really hot from 3pt.

I would imagine the Heat would be much more worried about the Hibbert/West low-post game and Paul George going off than anything the s***ty Knicks can do.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2013 -> 06:54 PM)
I would imagine the Heat would be much more worried about the Hibbert/West low-post game and Paul George going off than anything the s***ty Knicks can do.

Disagree.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 6, 2013 -> 10:55 AM)
Disagree.

I don't think they are either...probably more worried about the Bulls than anyone else in the East. But matchups against the Bulls and Pacers could potentially beat them up physically a bit, which might make them a bit vulnerable against a physical team in the West such as Memphis.

Against the Heat, at least Nate will be guarding Mario Chalmers instead of a guy like Deron Williams. The major problem is going to be Wade guarded by Marco, but at least Wade might be a step slow with the injury. Jimmy is going to have a hell of a task defensively today, I'd expect him to be guarding LeBron all 48. Might pull him if LeBron takes any rest. Conventional wisdom says I should expect it to harm his offense, but on the Bulls you're always hustling your ass off on D.

If they put LeBron on Nate at any point in time, that means we have won a major mental battle. I think we'll have the scoring firepower tonight with Nate and Marco, but defense will be a big question mark -- it always will be with the Heat, of course.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 6, 2013 -> 01:36 PM)
Against the Heat, at least Nate will be guarding Mario Chalmers instead of a guy like Deron Williams. The major problem is going to be Wade guarded by Marco, but at least Wade might be a step slow with the injury. Jimmy is going to have a hell of a task defensively today, I'd expect him to be guarding LeBron all 48. Might pull him if LeBron takes any rest. Conventional wisdom says I should expect it to harm his offense, but on the Bulls you're always hustling your ass off on D.

If they put LeBron on Nate at any point in time, that means we have won a major mental battle. I think we'll have the scoring firepower tonight with Nate and Marco, but defense will be a big question mark -- it always will be with the Heat, of course.

I like the pointless breakdown regarding matchups where the other team has by far the best 3 players on the court unless Joakim can continue to fight through the pain every game. ;)

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 6, 2013 -> 06:31 PM)
I don't think they are either...probably more worried about the Bulls than anyone else in the East. But matchups against the Bulls and Pacers could potentially beat them up physically a bit, which might make them a bit vulnerable against a physical team in the West such as Memphis.

I think likely the bulls and pacers will be "tough" in that they will be 85-82 games, but I don't think the Heat are very concerned with getting to 4 wins against those teams. The heat are a great team in that they can shut you down on Defense, but also score with you. The bulls and pacers are tough always tough on d, and can keep it low scoring, but it's going to be tough to score against heats D and play stellar D 4 out of 7 games. Especially short-handed.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2013 -> 06:40 PM)
I like the pointless breakdown regarding matchups where the other team has by far the best 3 players on the court unless Joakim can continue to fight through the pain every game. ;)

It's the playoffs, man, no need to cut down someone enjoying the importance of these games. They still have to be played, and there is no reason not to take the bulls seriously after the last round.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2013 -> 01:40 PM)

Was that not basically the same case for the last series?

This is Tom Thibodeau we're talking about here. Anything is possible.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 6, 2013 -> 01:50 PM)
It's the playoffs, man, no need to cut down someone enjoying the importance of these games. They still have to be played, and there is no reason not to take the bulls seriously after the last round.

I wasn't cutting you down for enjoying the importance of the games. I've watched them all, too! I just found it silly to get excited about a possible Nate vs LeBron matchup.

Also, I was impressed by the minutes Teague gave us past few games. He is such a raw product, but I think we'll see a big improvement with another offseason under Thibs.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 6, 2013 -> 03:34 PM)
Also, I was impressed by the minutes Teague gave us past few games. He is such a raw product, but I think we'll see a big improvement with another offseason under Thibs.

Could you imagine if he had a Butler type improvement?