2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2013 -> 10:28 AM)
The Heat screwed up by not putting LeBron on Nate at all during the stretch. Make Belleneli or Butler beat you.

Yeah, just like they screwed up by not putting Lebron on Terry during the stretch in the 2011 finals. Oh wait.

Lebron can't guard Nate man to man.

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 7, 2013 -> 10:30 AM)
Yeah, just like they screwed up by not putting Lebron on Terry during the stretch in the 2011 finals. Oh wait.

BS. LeBron can defend pretty much anyone one on one in today's NBA.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2013 -> 10:34 AM)
BS. LeBron can defend pretty much anyone one on one in today's NBA.

You're wrong. I provided evidence, you didn't. Rewatch some of those finals games in the fourth quarter.

Lebron isn't nearly quick enough laterally to guard Nate. He'll have to concede the jumper or the drive. He'll concede the jumper (he usually does against PGs) and Nate can burn him like Terry did.

I think it's a waste to use Lebron on Nate, Lebron's asset would be to help d against our bigs. The heat just made a huge mistake leaving Ray Allen out there, bulls just kept picking until he'd guard nate and nate would take him.

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 7, 2013 -> 10:36 AM)
You're wrong. I provided evidence, you didn't. Rewatch some of those finals games in the fourth quarter.

Lebron isn't nearly quick enough laterally to guard Nate. He'll have to concede the jumper or the drive. He'll concede the jumper (he usually does against PGs) and Nate can burn him like Terry did.

He is also 6'8" with a 7 foot+ wing span. Giving me one game two years ago doesn't really prove anything.

I can also point to LeBron shutting down Derrick Rose as "proof".

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 7, 2013 -> 10:48 AM)
I'd keep Jimmy on LeBron til he proves he can't guard him. I love the idea of Luo and his length on Wade. That's obviously assuming Luo is able to come back soon.

Primarily, thought it is a good idea to switch them, it gives the players a different look, and I don't think Wade works as hard as James without the ball.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 7, 2013 -> 04:48 PM)
I'd keep Jimmy on LeBron til he proves he can't guard him. I love the idea of Luo and his length on Wade. That's obviously assuming Luo is able to come back soon.

Yeah I'm kind of underestimating how much this illness would affect Deng.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2013 -> 10:42 AM)
He is also 6'8" with a 7 foot+ wing span. Giving me one game two years ago doesn't really prove anything.

Nate is faster than Rose, but I don't think he'd be able to finish at the rim since Lebron can block him from behind. Still, if we're talking about Lebron having to adjust to play D on Nate, i'm happy because that means it's a close game in the 4th.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 7, 2013 -> 04:54 PM)
Nate is faster than Rose, but I don't think he'd be able to finish at the rim since Lebron can block him from behind. Still, if we're talking about Lebron having to adjust to play D on Nate, i'm happy because that means it's a close game in the 4th.

It really just depends who else is on the floor. Because the reality is if Ray Allen is out there whoever is guarded by him should take him. (This is possible for nate, deng, butler or bellinelli). If Ray Allen is off floor, I think you'll want to go for the height advantage you'd have of deng/butler vs. Chalmers.

With a lineup like last night's, if Nate can't get shots off against LeBron that should leave Marco able to score. Getting an easy basket with ball movement would be much easier if LBJ guards our point guard. The reason he shut Derrick down is because Derrick just wanted to run iso instead of playing basketball and running a real play

QUOTE (Jake @ May 7, 2013 -> 11:15 AM)
With a lineup like last night's, if Nate can't get shots off against LeBron that should leave Marco able to score. Getting an easy basket with ball movement would be much easier if LBJ guards our point guard. The reason he shut Derrick down is because Derrick just wanted to run iso instead of playing basketball and running a real play

Yes.

There were times where Derrick blew by Lebron in that series, but the whole defense collapsed and rose didn't pass. He was also on a hobbled ankle and his jumper wasn't falling. Lebron has become an extremely overrated man defender because of that one series.

Is Lebron a bad defender? Not at all. He's an excellent defender, but most of his value comes from his help defense. He can't guard quick PGs one on one.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2013 -> 08:42 AM)

Yeah, if Nate is able to hit from the outside, no big man is going to be able to shut him down, not even LeBron...but if LBJ wants to shut him down from going to the basket, he can recover even if he gets burned with his length.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 7, 2013 -> 11:42 AM)
Yeah, if Nate is able to hit from the outside, no big man is going to be able to shut him down, not even LeBron...but if LBJ wants to shut him down from going to the basket, he can recover even if he gets burned with his length.

Yes, he would have to concede the outside shot and hope for the best.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 7, 2013 -> 09:52 AM)
Speaking of conceding the outside shot. OHHHH MAN did I love how tight Jimmy would play lebron at the 3 point line. That is trusting your help D.

I don't want to detract from the job he did on LeBron last night, because it was excellent, but I didn't get the feeling that LeBron really wanted to exert much energy in the first 3 quarters...he was really laying back and looking for the open wing players. Jimmy did manage to cause LeBron to miss some finishes around the basket (I think LeBron was 1/6 in the first half), but I really anticipate LeBron coming a lot stronger in game 2 and using his strength to take Butler near the basket.

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 7, 2013 -> 10:30 AM)

LeBron can guard Rose man-on-man pretty darn effectively, so he can probably do the same to Nate. While Nate is a little quicker than LeBron, LeBron's sheer size and his length make up for any quickness disparity.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 7, 2013 -> 12:09 PM)
I don't want to detract from the job he did on LeBron last night, because it was excellent, but I didn't get the feeling that LeBron really wanted to exert much energy in the first 3 quarters...he was really laying back and looking for the open wing players. Jimmy did manage to cause LeBron to miss some finishes around the basket (I think LeBron was 1/6 in the first half), but I really anticipate LeBron coming a lot stronger in game 2 and using his strength to take Butler near the basket.

He was more concerned with being angry about everything else going on in the stadium. Bron and Wade spent the entire game whining to the refs.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 7, 2013 -> 12:18 PM)
He was more concerned with being angry about everything else going on in the stadium. Bron and Wade spent the entire game whining to the refs.

Wade yelling at the refs to call a flop on Nate was the funniest thing ever.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 7, 2013 -> 12:13 PM)
LeBron can guard Rose man-on-man pretty darn effectively, so he can probably do the same to Nate. While Nate is a little quicker than LeBron, LeBron's sheer size and his length make up for any quickness disparity.

Agreed, with a ton of help defense behind him and Rose's lack of jumper during that series.

If they play help defense against Nate like they did against Rose and/or Nate isn't making jumpers, then yes, Lebron will be pretty darn effective.

Butler, Robinson and Belinelli -- combined for 58 points, 24 rebounds and 13 assists against Miami in Game 1.

Those three combined make $4.2 million this season.

Miami's Mike Miller, who dropped in for six minutes to score five points with three rebounds, is making $5.8 million.

LOL

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2013 -> 10:28 AM)
The Heat screwed up by not putting LeBron on Nate at all during the stretch. Make Belleneli or Butler beat you.

They did put LeBron on Nate a couple of times, and he just passed the ball.