2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 7, 2013 -> 04:07 PM)
wow, really? I was under the impression it drops off pretty quickly outside of the suburbs at night. I know it gets very staticy for me some nights and I'm in Hoffman Estates!

Is WMVP = AM 1000? I've gotten a Bulls game to come in as far away as Eastern Tennessee on that station.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2013 -> 03:15 PM)
Night is the best time for an AM signal.

normally yes, but many stations have to power down at night to not impeed on 50,000 watt stations.

Supposedly, this is WMVP's night coverage map:

WMVP_AM_LN.gif

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 7, 2013 -> 03:16 PM)
normally yes, but many stations have to power down at night to not impeed on 50,000 watt stations.

Supposedly, this is WMVP's night coverage map:

WMVP_AM_LN.gif

MVP isn't a 50000 watt? When did that change?

As Steve said, worst case scenario, you can listen to the Score. When I was in school - in Vermillion, SD, 515 miles away - I could pick it up on clear nights. It wasn't good quality, but that's a hell of a range. You should be pretty good throughout your trip if you can just put up with the Score.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 7, 2013 -> 03:25 PM)
As Steve said, worst case scenario, you can listen to the Score. When I was in school - in Vermillion, SD, 515 miles away - I could pick it up on clear nights. It wasn't good quality, but that's a hell of a range. You should be pretty good throughout your trip if you can just put up with the Score.

USD? My wife's a grad of there

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2013 -> 03:19 PM)
Back when they were the flagship, I could get Sox games past Toledo.

They're somewhat directional, so you can pick things up in Ohio crystal-clear while struggling to get it in DeKalb or Champaign.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 7, 2013 -> 03:03 PM)
I drive to the quad cities and a little into Iowa all the time, both on 80 and 88. You should get WMVP at least until the quad cities, if not a little further.

No chance. Not at night. Their signal drops off precipitously with the sun. I grew up in Loves Park. Strong signal by day, worthless at night. I was on my way back on Saturday night - the signal was horses*** until about Randall Road.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 7, 2013 -> 06:12 PM)
Once upon a time I was getting the Score in Memphis. Has only worked about twice though

Fill a bathtub with water. Stick antennae in there. (1997 method)

Or I guess just stream it via 670thescore.com haha.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 7, 2013 -> 06:17 PM)
Fill a bathtub with water. Stick antennae in there. (1997 method)

Or I guess just stream it via 670thescore.com haha.

Yeah, I then just upgraded my car stereo so I can plug my iPhone into it

QUOTE (bmags @ May 7, 2013 -> 02:29 PM)
From KC Johnson tweets...it looks like we might not even have deng/hinrich for game 3.

Hopefully we can just get one back. Jimmy Butler can't continue to play 48 minutes a game.