2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 8, 2013 -> 10:04 AM)
@FisolaNYDN

Spoelstra vs Thibodeau is really Riley vs Van Gundy all over again. Just hope Tom doesn't find himself clutching LeBron's leg for dear life

wow, really?

Speaking of Thibs, I heard on the radio this morning he was 8th in coach of the year voting. Eighth! I know it was regular season voting, but still. With the injuries this year, he should have been top 3-4 easy.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 8, 2013 -> 10:36 AM)
Speaking of Thibs, I heard on the radio this morning he was 8th in coach of the year voting. Eighth! I know it was regular season voting, but still. With the injuries this year, he should have been top 3-4 easy.

That is a f***ing joke. Nobody did more with less.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 8, 2013 -> 10:36 AM)
Jimmy pleases me greatly.

His backstory is great, and he's always been described as a kid with high character. I was disappointed at his lack of minutes last year but apparently its paying off now.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 8, 2013 -> 10:49 AM)
He blew out his ACL the same day Derrick did...

shumpdunk.0_standard_730.0.gif

Clearly not 110%, he would have shattered the backboard and helped a mother give birth immediately following if he had.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 8, 2013 -> 10:49 AM)
He blew out his ACL the same day Derrick did...

shumpdunk.0_standard_730.0.gif

"Iman Shumpert is a shadow of his rookie self" - Michael Wilbon

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 8, 2013 -> 11:20 AM)
He admitted he didnt feel right for the first month or two he was back, but now feels 100% Because you have to actually play to get that feeling back.

Exactly.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 8, 2013 -> 11:20 AM)
He admitted he didnt feel right for the first month or two he was back, but now feels 100% Because you have to actually play to get that feeling back.

Yeah Rose has never really come back from a devastating injury before.

Right now its mainly belief. He just needs to believe that his knee wont break when he cuts.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ May 8, 2013 -> 12:57 PM)
It's the hair. Derrick's gotta grow one of those high top hairstyles (whatever they're called).

Flat top

---

http://deadspin.com/what-does-grant-hill-t...itics-496195188

Yes, let's compare a broken ankle from which Hill came back and (tried) to play on 6 months after surgery to a torn ACL 15 years later after he hasn't played for more than 12 months. Because Hill isn't bitter or anything.

There is so much wrong with this piece that it goes beyond the realm of reasonability and simply enters the realm of blowing Derrick Rose.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ May 8, 2013 -> 12:57 PM)
It's the hair. Derrick's gotta grow one of those high top hairstyles (whatever they're called).

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 8, 2013 -> 01:40 PM)
Flat top

It's a "high-top fade". It's pretty much the same as a flat-top, but a flat-top is generally not as high.