2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ May 11, 2013 -> 03:47 AM)
A few brutal calls but don't feel like the refs cost the Bulls anything. Heat got hot and Bulls couldn't get a bounce.

With how thuggish the Bulls acted last game and this game, it's hard to argue that they should be getting more calls.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2013 -> 09:40 PM)
Hard to beat the Heat when Cole plays as well as he has.

The guy shot like 35% from 3 and made a half a 3 per game. He's 8 for 8 from 3 so far in this series. He's playing out of his mind.

We didn't play that badly tonight. I hate how it was officiated, but it wasn't too far off from normal. Just need to make stops, but we don't have the depth to do it, especially when we aren't getting foul calls in our favor. I still think we might take another one.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 10, 2013 -> 11:10 PM)
This post followed by sad sums up my evening.

Yeah well, its a miracle we are competitive. If the Heat lost their top two players and one of their other guards they wouldnt be nearly as fired up as us. I like our coach, and watching this team compete shows me how much he contributes to this team's overall attitude.

Also I've said this before. Noah was probably one of my if not the most hated draft pick any Chicago team has ever taken. I hated his ass at Florida and I thought the pick was pure garbage. Not sure anyone has ever proven me so wrong. So glad we have him.

The bad calls hurt us, but we can still overcome it by avoiding bad fouls. Too many off the ball and/or far away from the basket fouls. Even if they were called a little too closely, they were zero payoff plays in the first place. We can't have them in the bonus for the last 8 minutes of the game and constantly be paranoid about guys in foul trouble.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2013 -> 09:47 PM)
With how thuggish the Bulls acted last game and this game, it's hard to argue that they should be getting more calls.

I agree with this. The call against Noah when he got the offensive rebound at the end was brutal but the Bulls are committing an unbelievable amount of fouls and a ton of them aren't even basketball plays. I understand they have to do it to compete with the Heat but you aren't going to get the benefit of the doubt from the officials when you play that way.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 10, 2013 -> 11:27 PM)
Yeah well, its a miracle we are competitive. If the Heat lost their top two players and one of their other guards they wouldnt be nearly as fired up as us. I like our coach, and watching this team compete shows me how much he contributes to this team's overall attitude.

Put this out there for a Heat starting five and tell me how they'd look.

Norris Cole

Ray Allen

James Jones

Udonis Haslem

Chris Bosh.

Really it doesn't work because the Heat don't even have a 3rd string PG or SG, so I swapped SF for SG instead. But their 3rd string C is Joel Anthony, and their 3rd string PF is Rashard Lewis. That tells you what the Bulls are running out there, and still fighting the Heat.