2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 11, 2013 -> 09:20 AM)
I said before the series started, the bulls won't win but this is not the team that the Heat wanted to see. That hasn't changed

The crazy thing is that with the way we're playing, it really looks like we could just be a Luol plus maybe a Kirk away from being a serious contender in this series.

This is a quote from a Brian Windhorst article today.

"I see how things are going, I watch very closely," Thibodeau said. "We're not going to get calls, that's reality."

Essentially, Thibodeau was hinting that the old fix is in. The officials and the league want the Heat to win, so that's what's going to happen. He said it knowing that's a taboo subject and probably will get him a fine. Maybe he said it in the classic manner of trying to set some sort of tone for the next game. But what a disappointing way to turn from the battle-axe coach who just got too caught up to realize he knows better.

I was at the game last night, and we got an up close view on the bulls*** calls at the very end of the game. We saw the Belinelli foul on Lebron at least 3 times, no way in hell was that a foul. We were in the game until the fourth, I give Heat the credit for turning up their defense the last quarter. Norris Cole came up big offensively and defensively. But we were still very much in the game until the bulls*** calls happened. There were so many calls made in favor of the Heat, especially late in the game, I can only watch in disgust. The Heat did not beat us alone, the Heat and Joe Crawford did.

If David Stern keep tolerating (should I say promoting) these bulls*** from the refs, he should be kicked off from the league. That should not be what the league is about.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2013 -> 07:40 PM)
Hard to beat the Heat when Cole plays as well as he has.

Bulls don't have the talent to beat the Heat and the refs. They were pretty jobbed with the calls. Put up a valiant effort.

I like how the media is ripping him to shreds for it. He's not making excuses, he's pointing out the obvious. It's not like he goes to the locker room and says "we're f***ed, the refs are out to get us so we're not going to try"

QUOTE (Jake @ May 12, 2013 -> 11:38 AM)
I like how the media is ripping him to shreds for it. He's not making excuses, he's pointing out the obvious. It's not like he goes to the locker room and says "we're f***ed, the refs are out to get us so we're not going to try"

We all know the sports media likes to try and make stories out of nothing. Especially with an extra day off. Have to write about something.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 12, 2013 -> 02:11 PM)
NBA fines Tom Thibodeau $35,000 for postgame comments on officiating following Game 3.

Deng said he tried to work out Saturday and threw up. Merely warmed up today and had to stop. He's out for Game 4.

The good news is...the season's nearly done and he can have 5 months to get healthy.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 12, 2013 -> 05:11 PM)
GS got two big breaks down the stretch with out of bounds calls and then they run a Jarrett Jack iso for the win? Ok...

OT blowout. It's amazing how much confidence Harrison Barnes is playing with. Klay Thompson is overrated, but Barnes seems to be coming in under the radar. Either way three very nice young offensive pieces.

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 12, 2013 -> 05:26 PM)
OT blowout. It's amazing how much confidence Harrison Barnes is playing with. Klay Thompson is overrated, but Barnes seems to be coming in under the radar. Either way three very nice young offensive pieces.

Yeah, I don't think so. But I agree that the Warriors have a nice little core. I would have to think Lee going down and Harrison Barnes being thrust into a bigger role will payoff big time in the long run for GS.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 12, 2013 -> 05:44 PM)
Yeah, I don't think so. But I agree that the Warriors have a nice little core. I would have to think Lee going down and Harrison Barnes being thrust into a bigger role will payoff big time in the long run for GS.

Klay is so streaky and his shot selection sucks. He needs to develop the rest of his game to truly be a standout player. For now he's just a great shooter.

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 12, 2013 -> 07:21 PM)
Klay is so streaky and his shot selection sucks. He needs to develop the rest of his game to truly be a standout player. For now he's just a great shooter.

Oh, he's far from a finished product. Overrated is somebody like Deron Williams. Not a second year player nobody knew anything about outside of league pass subscribers before this postseason.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 13, 2013 -> 04:31 PM)
So, I've seen Friedell and KC Johnson reporting Deng and Hinrich are out. But no word on Rose yet with 1.5 hours to game time. MAYBE HE'S COMING BACK?!

To the Flapship mobile!