2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 12:36 PM)
Can I have my opinion? I think I'm entitled to it. Durant is a star player, Rose is a star player, Dwight is a star player, Bynum is a star player...but I'm a little bit stingier with my definition of SUPER star.

Sue me

If you think you can post a moronic opinion online and not have people blast you for it, then you're dead wrong.

You opened it up for everyone to comment on your opinion, it's fair game.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think you can post a moronic opinion online and not have people blast you for it, then you're dead wrong.

You opened it up for everyone to comment on your opinion, it's fair game.

cool. You have an opinion, I have an opinion. Let's share our opinions and move on to the next topic.

What we shouldn't do is get personal and nasty about it and take posting on message boards too seriously.

People aren't high on him. The nets were almost able to trade him for a lottery protected first. He's just the nicest piece of trash on that trash roster that's available.

Everywhere I look people are overrating him. I even see Bulls fans saying we should have offered a 1st round pick for him to pry him away from the Nets. I see other teams fans saying he could be the next Kobe...(lol)

Nets' deal for Magic center Dwight Howard jeopardized after Cavs withdraw

The Cleveland Cavaliers are no longer willing to be third-team facilitators for a blockbuster trade that would send Orlando Magic All-Star center Dwight Howard to the Brooklyn Nets, severely jeopardizing the Nets' ability to acquire Howard, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The development has pushed the Magic to continue negotiating with several teams, especially two teams in the Western Conference: the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets.

-----

Several league executives with knowledge of the negotiations believe the small-market Cavaliers had become sensitive to criticism they were contributing to the construction of another big-market super power.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)
Everywhere I look people are overrating him. I even see Bulls fans saying we should have offered a 1st round pick for him to pry him away from the Nets. I see other teams fans saying he could be the next Kobe...(lol)

Haven't watched him play much but many have compared him to Kobe, guy has a 7'1 wingspan, some thought he would be drafted as high as 10th. I can see why people are high on him

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 02:13 PM)
The Magic really need to start looking at teams regardless if Dwight will extend there. They can certainly at least clear his cap space and likely drop another albatross contract on one of these clubs.

On some level, you KNOW the Magic are having a bit of a self conflict. They want to get max value, but also want to f*** him over by trading him some place he doesnt want to go.

How does this make any sense at all?

@WojYahooNBA

If Brooklyn and Orlando are to make a deal for Howard in near-term, it will likely be a trade between the two teams, sources tell Y! Sports.

They are trying to drag 3rd and 4th teams into the deal to make it work, period. If they could have just done a straight up trade, then why didnt they just do it in the first place?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 02:21 PM)

They are trying to drag 3rd and 4th teams into the deal to make it work, period. If they could have just done a straight up trade, then why didnt they just do it in the first place?

It only makes sense if the Magic are relenting and willing to take a s***ty deal from the Brook.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 02:21 PM)

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 02:23 PM)
It only makes sense if the Magic are relenting and willing to take a s***ty deal from the Brook.

OR perhaps the Nets flip Joe Johnson...

Bucher was on ESPN Radio a few minutes ago saying the Magic have opened up trade talks to the rest of the league (vs. just listening to teams on Dwight's list, specifically the Nets). Figured it was only a matter of time. There is going to be a team that decides it will take its chances and give up what it takes to get Dwight, hoping they can resign him.

I still think the Bulls could even look this direction and they could probably structure deals to the point that if Dwight didn't resign, they'd be able to clear other cap space and be in a spot to offer a max deal as soon as next year (not that there is anyone out there to obtain), but essentially, it would put them in a spot where they could make another turn for a 2nd superstar sooner then 2014.

I've decided the best thing to do if I'm the Bulls is to do anything in my power to get that 2nd star along side Rose. Even if he isn't going to sign an extension immediately, get him on the roster and take your chances. Worse case, you get a huge cap exception in a sign & trade deal (plus maybe a couple 1st rounders).

Bulls don't make drastic actions like that. That would be a very Knick-like move. Bulls are conservative for better or for worse. Asking the Bulls to blow it up for a 1 year rental is akin to asking Rose to suddenly change his personality and start recruiting people.

"Can you know the mighty ocean? Can you lasso a star from the sky? Can you say to a rainbow, "Hey, stop being a rainbow for a second?" No, such is Mango."

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 02:58 PM)
I've decided the best thing to do if I'm the Bulls is to do anything in my power to get that 2nd star along side Rose. Even if he isn't going to sign an extension immediately, get him on the roster and take your chances. Worse case, you get a huge cap exception in a sign & trade deal (plus maybe a couple 1st rounders).

Yep, get him in Chicago, let him see the UC (and let him play half a year without Rose where hell be the man), and then see if he wants to stay.

As long as you dont have to move Noah, it really shouldnt matter.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)
Yep, get him in Chicago, let him see the UC (and let him play half a year without Rose where hell be the man), and then see if he wants to stay.

You're going to have to move him. Nobody is safe.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)

He's not really needed if you get Dwight anyway.

It's not happening so might as well not even waste a thought on it. Bulls know they have to stay conservative, they're of the mindset that I share, which is that this is a championship contending core that only needs health and a run of good luck to contend. They know they need to make some changes but they're in no rush to do it, and certainly aren't going to make panic moves.

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 01:52 PM)
You may or may not have to move Noah. Magic may want Taj and other cheap assets, not wanting Noah's salary.

And Noah isnt needed, but the Bulls still are going to need another player to go from a duo to a trio.

No matter what, at least one of Noah/Deng would have to go. Whether it is to the Magic or a 3rd team. Bulls would need to move one of those contracts (along with other guys) to get the salaries to balance out. Bulls have a lot of potential assets to offer and quite frankly better draft picks to offer then the Nets. And if Dwight walks, like I said, Bulls are in a spot where they can then amnesty Boozer and make a few other deals and they'd be in a pretty darn good spot.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
It's not happening so might as well not even waste a thought on it. Bulls know they have to stay conservative, they're of the mindset that I share, which is that this is a championship contending core that only needs health and a run of good luck to contend. They know they need to make some changes but they're in no rush to do it, and certainly aren't going to make panic moves.

I think most disagree. Its possible the Bulls can win a championship, but its unlikely.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 04:12 PM)
No matter what, at least one of Noah/Deng would have to go. Whether it is to the Magic or a 3rd team. Bulls would need to move one of those contracts (along with other guys) to get the salaries to balance out. Bulls have a lot of potential assets to offer and quite frankly better draft picks to offer then the Nets. And if Dwight walks, like I said, Bulls are in a spot where they can then amnesty Boozer and make a few other deals and they'd be in a pretty darn good spot.

I would prefer Deng being moved to Noah. I like Deng, I just think its easier to find a SF to fit with Dwight, Noah and Rose.