2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2013 -> 02:06 PM)
They had just done it the play before by getting a damned good screen to free up a switch to get Hill on LeBron. If you want to really dig down into it, you really can't even assume George would end up on LeBron. With a limited time frame, you have to attack the ballhandler. The clock is your friend. The idea is to try to get the ball out of his hands, not defend him. It is just even worse because James doesn't even have Wade on the floor at that point.

Yeah, I respect the point you guys are making, I just don't really think it's fair to act like it was black and white. What happened made it appear to be a much worse strategy than it actually was.

As for Wade, he's hobbled and not the threat he usually is. Bosh or what's his nuts with the big hair was probably option B.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2013 -> 04:03 PM)
This is LeBron James we are talking about here. He can skull-f*** anyone in the NBA if he decides he wants to.

He's not untouchable. George played him well the entire game and denied him open layups.

Nine times out of ten George stays with him enough to force a fadeaway/sideways jumpshot. And if Lebron beats you, you tip your cap. I think you feel worse if you rush to double and Chris Bosh beats you with a wide open shot.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2013 -> 02:07 PM)
With 2.2 seconds left and Wade out of the game, you HAVE to make someone else beat you, end of story.

You're acting as if the Heat don't have a lot of very good perimeter shooters...it's not just Wade...that is how they beat you...

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 23, 2013 -> 04:08 PM)
Yeah, I respect the point you guys are making, I just don't really think it's fair to act like it was black and white. What happened made it appear to be a much worse strategy than it actually was.

As for Wade, he's hobbled and not the threat he usually is. Bosh or what's his nuts with the big hair was probably option B.

Chris Anderson? If he's taking a non-dunk shot in that situation, that's a huge win.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 23, 2013 -> 04:09 PM)
You're acting as if the Heat don't have a lot of very good perimeter shooters...it's not just Wade...that is how they beat you...

Even if Wade hadn't fouled out I wonder if he's in the game as anything but a decoy. You don't want him taking a long jump shot to win the game.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 23, 2013 -> 02:09 PM)
He's not untouchable. George played him well the entire game and denied him open layups.

Nine times out of ten George stays with him enough to force a fadeaway/sideways jumpshot. And if Lebron beats you, you tip your cap. I think you feel worse if you rush to double and Chris Bosh beats you with a wide open shot.

In fact, that isn't even LeBron's real strong suit...I don't think that LeBron will go down as someone hitting game winners like MJ or Kobe....LeBron is much better at making the smart basketball play, which usually eqautes to getting the most high-percentage shot available for him or his teammates.

I've seen LeBron pass up the final shot PLENTY of times in critical parts of playoff games to get it to a wide-open shooter.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 23, 2013 -> 04:12 PM)
In fact, that isn't even LeBron's real strong suit...I don't think that LeBron will go down as someone hitting game winners like MJ or Kobe....LeBron is much better at making the smart basketball play, which usually eqautes to getting the most high-percentage shot available for him or his teammates.

I've seen LeBron pass up the final shot PLENTY of times in critical parts of playoff games to get it to a wide-open shooter.

LeBron is better at hitting game winning shots than Kobe. Kobe is f***ing atrocious in those situations.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 23, 2013 -> 04:19 PM)
You said he was a "more athletic Scottie Pippen". Don't back track.

Option A - Scottie Pippen

Option B - MORE ATHLETIC Scottie Pippen

Option B wins. All day.

He's also not more athletic. But hey, in 2013 the NBA became new and improved.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 23, 2013 -> 04:38 PM)
I spit out my water on my work terminal after reading Steve call J4L a f***ing idiot for his comments. I'm getting canned, thanks jerk.

You are most welcome, sir.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 23, 2013 -> 04:39 PM)
What are you basing it on? A dunk video?

My eyes?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 23, 2013 -> 04:42 PM)
It's quite possibly the dumbest s*** ever posted on this board. And that says a lot.

You say that once a day. Get off me.

"They pay me (max-contract money) for a reason. I didn’t say anything, and I wish I did. From now on, I need to speak up," Hibbert said after the game. LeBron James got two easy layups on back-to-back possessions as Pacers coach Frank Vogel kept Hibbert on the bench at the end of overtime. It's a decision Vogel's been ridiculed for ever since the final buzzer sounded and rightly so.