2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier in the 2nd, the Pacers get a tech on Young, a tech on Brian Shaw, and a foul called in the same possession. The referee is Scott Foster.

Sound familiar?

Edit: a tech was called on Hansbrough about 2 minutes later when Wade flopped like a b****

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 24, 2013 -> 08:49 PM)
Earlier in the 2nd, the Pacers get a tech on Young, a tech on Brian Shaw, and a foul called in the same possession. The referee is Scott Foster.

Sound familiar?

To their credit, Kerr/Miller were all over him and referenced the bulls*** Bulls game. Both techs in this game were BS. Young got a tech for trying to grab the ball from Lebron. Funny that 10 minutes later Lebron did the exact same thing and nothing happened.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 24, 2013 -> 08:49 PM)

Sound familiar?

gz Pacers had a 13 point lead, Miami goes on a 7-0 run in a minute.

Foster is the official who received 134 phone calls from disgraced referee Tim Donaghy between October 2006 and April 2007

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 24, 2013 -> 10:47 AM)
So a player(Glen Rice Jr) can be drafted out of the D League? That is interesting, I admittedly am not really familiar with player rights in reference to D League and NBA, I figured it was like MLB where someone already had his rights and they would just bring him up.

That's actually an interesting rule that people miss: not only can you be drafted out of the D-League, there's no age limit. A guy can go straight to the D-League out of high school and get drafted the next year. Latavious Williams actually did that due to eligibility issues. At some point, someone of signficance is probably going to do that.

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 24, 2013 -> 11:54 AM)
Haha, I remember getting into a debate with multiple IU fans about Zeller on here. I said he woudlnt be a top 5 pick in a better draft, but it turns out he won't even be a top 5 pick in really weak draft. Being proven right feels good sometimes.

To be fair, he probably would have gone top-5 last year. He's the lastest victim of the "overexposure slide" following Joakim Noah and Jared Sullinger (though his back affected that too).

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 24, 2013 -> 08:58 PM)
To be fair, he probably would have gone top-5 last year. He's the lastest victim of the "overexposure slide" following Joakim Noah and Jared Sullinger (though his back affected that too).

I agree. It doesn't change my overall opinion of him though. I figured the extra year would hurt because it usually does. Another person that was overexposed was josh mcroberts. He was supposed to be a top 5 pick at one point and ended up in the second round.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 24, 2013 -> 10:05 PM)
Lance Stephenson's one-man possession with around 4 1/2 minutes left in the game looked like every park district basketball game I ever played in.

Ya, that was pathetic.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 24, 2013 -> 10:05 PM)
Lance Stephenson's one-man possession with around 4 1/2 minutes left in the game looked like every park district basketball game I ever played in.

lolol that was ridiculous

indiana is so close, just seems like they don't have enough - oh and lebron

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 24, 2013 -> 09:40 PM)
Aww, and then he ruins it by giving Lebron a five. WTF. God I miss 80's/90's NBA.

Which is why I love the Bulls-Heat games. Those teams hate each other.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 24, 2013 -> 10:21 PM)
f*** ya, Bron turnover city down the stretch this game.

Immediately after TNT runs a montage of his greatest playoff closing shots

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 24, 2013 -> 10:23 PM)
So Indiana could have taken both games on the road from Miami. WOW.

This is going to be a battle. I can't see the Pacers losing both in Indy. This is going at least 6 possibly 7. I still think Miami is going to win it but this is going to be a fun series.