2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 28, 2013 -> 01:37 AM)
I've been to those websites and a couple of other basketball forums as well and the consensus in all of those is that MJ was the best ever and generally his GOAT competition consists of KAJ, Wilt and to a lesser extant, Bird, Magic and Russell. Sorry J4L but Kobe isn't regarded that high up. LeBron will enter that class by the time he is done. Kobe won't. SMH at the notion that it's mostly only Bulls homers put MJ on top of GOAT discussions...

lmao. Dude, where did I say Michael wasn't the greatest of all-time?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 28, 2013 -> 08:14 AM)
GMAB, you made a terrible argument based on a few games in Kobes career and Zoom destroyed you with facts, and you fall back on "This is homer central, everyone is defending michael like their life is on the line"

awful

Since when is, like, 40 a few games?

Edited by Jordan4life

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 28, 2013 -> 08:21 AM)
lmao. Dude, where did I say Michael wasn't the greatest of all-time?

Since when is, like, 40 a few games?

youtube is your friend. Im out

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 27, 2013 -> 07:24 PM)
You posted something like he's arguably a "more explosive scorer" than MJ using a couple isolated incidents, which is very odd to say. Saying anyone is better than MJ in something scoring-related (other than 3-point shooting) is questionable at best. I doubt it turns into MJ/Kobe without that post.

It's a strange phrasing, it seems like you're saying because he got hot a few times he's a better scorer than Jordan ("more explosive" generally implies better). It's like saying Nolan Ryan is the "most unhittable pitcher" because he has 7 no-hitters.

Perhaps you should stop bothering to argue with the guy who said "Paul George is a more athletic Scottie Pippen"?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 28, 2013 -> 12:32 AM)
Of course it won't help me here. This is homer Bulls central. A neutral site like realgm or insidehoops and plenty of people would agree with me (and disagree).

That's not really saying much, there are quite a few drooling morons floating around RealGM. I could say the Bobcats are going to win the title next year and probably find someone that would agree with me. There are quite a few good posters as well, but man, some of those threads are a mess (especially on the general board).

There's also this thing called "Lakers homers", they're far more ridiculous than anyone I've seen on this board (with the exception of RZZZA).

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 27, 2013 -> 07:10 PM)
I find this extremely weird: Celtics "likely" to buy out Paul Pierce.

I don't see what the point is. They're still going to be at/near the cap ($73 million committed with Pierce). They're not really going to be in full rebuild until KG is gone anyways and next year is going to be dicey until Rondo gets back. Plus if they really don't want Pierce, I would think they could trade him for something rather than simply buying him out.

I would like to un-bury this because I feel it warrants discussion. Why are they buying out Pierce and where would he go? He's still a pretty good player and it's not like they're way over the tax line.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 28, 2013 -> 09:35 AM)
I would like to un-bury this because I feel it warrants discussion. Why are they buying out Pierce and where would he go? He's still a pretty good player and it's not like they're way over the tax line.

I wouldn't necessarily believe that story given it was started as a rumor by a Cavaliers' reporter.

That said, if they did buy him out, he'd be a wonderful addition to the Bulls assuming they reign in his shot selection. Maybe we can get a discount like the Heat always do.

Or, more likely, he'll sign a minimum deal with the Heat.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 28, 2013 -> 09:39 AM)
I wouldn't necessarily believe that story given it was started as a rumor by a Cavaliers' reporter.

That said, if they did buy him out, he'd be a wonderful addition to the Bulls assuming they reign in his shot selection. Maybe we can get a discount like the Heat always do.

I didn't really analyze the source, just saw it pop up on multiple reputable places.

I would think Pierce is still good enough to at least get an MLE level deal, could possibly be more if contenders with cap space whiff on their free agent/trade targets. I'm thinking maybe Dallas, their clock is ticking with Dirk around anyways.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 28, 2013 -> 11:03 AM)
I didn't really analyze the source, just saw it pop up on multiple reputable places.

I would think Pierce is still good enough to at least get an MLE level deal, could possibly be more if contenders with cap space whiff on their free agent/trade targets. I'm thinking maybe Dallas, their clock is ticking with Dirk around anyways.

Dallas has made it clear their #1 target is a guy named Dwight Howard.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 28, 2013 -> 09:39 AM)

Well, at least he knows Thibs. That seemed to work in our favor for NateRob's shot selection.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2013 -> 10:08 AM)
Dallas has made it clear their #1 target is a guy named Dwight Howard.

I'll re-post what I said, bolded for emphasis:

Clearly Pierce isn't a primary target at his age.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 28, 2013 -> 09:29 AM)
That's not really saying much, there are quite a few drooling morons floating around RealGM. I could say the Bobcats are going to win the title next year and probably find a few people that would agree with me. There are quite a few good posters as well, but man, some of those threads are a mess (especially on the general board).

There's also this thing called "Lakers homers", they're far more ridiculous than anyone I've seen on this board (with the exception of RZZZA).

On InsideHoops, they call them Kobe stans, (as in Stan, the obsessive fan in the Eminem song of the same name). They are the only ones who insist that Kobe is close to MJ but they generally get ridiculed by the rest of the forum members. :lol:

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 28, 2013 -> 12:53 PM)
I love how basically a bunch of second tier players get fined for flopping and Wade gets away scot free

Wade has become quite the dirty, flopping b**** his last few years. I don't remember him doing this back when he was a 26 PPG guy.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 28, 2013 -> 12:59 PM)
Wade has become quite the dirty, flopping b**** his last few years. I don't remember him doing this back when he was a 26 PPG guy.

i agree 100%. he does a lot of "hair pulling" on the court

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 28, 2013 -> 06:59 PM)

He stopped getting the "kick out your leg to make contact" shooting foul and got dirty.