2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 01:34 PM)
I don't understand the massive love for George Karl.

Is he a very good coach? Yes, but the man has never won a ring.

He had Melo and Billups and didn't get to the finals. He got upset this year. It seems like he can help his teams exceed expectations in the regular season, but doesn't seal the deal in the playoffs.

Maybe it's time they mixed it up.

Take a look at the teams he's been up against though. He had Melo and Billups up against the bloody here have Gasol Lakers. He had the Supersonics up against....well.

He's basically gotten about as much out of every roster he's had as any coach in the league for the last decade+.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 12:40 PM)
Take a look at the teams he's been up against though. He had Melo and Billups up against the bloody here have Gasol Lakers. He had the Supersonics up against....well.

He's basically gotten about as much out of every roster he's had as any coach in the league for the last decade+.

Yea, Karl is pretty awesome at squeezing everything he can out of a roster.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 12:34 PM)
I don't understand the massive love for George Karl.

Is he a very good coach? Yes, but the man has never won a ring.

He had Melo and Billups and didn't get to the finals. He got upset this year. It seems like he can help his teams exceed expectations in the regular season, but doesn't seal the deal in the playoffs.

Maybe it's time they mixed it up.

Holy s***. Close up shop. George Karl is an amazing head coach.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 12:41 PM)
IF CP3 re-signs

Yeah, that was part of the deal. Clearly if CP3 is gone then f*** the Clippers. I'd be really surprised if he winds up elsewhere, though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 12:40 PM)

Oh I understand that he has had to go against some great teams, but he has been bounced out of the first round so many times.

I think he's a very good coach, and I agree that he gets a lot out of his rosters, but if I were to call a coach amazing I'd hope he would be able to get out of the first round a bit more often.

He's made the playoffs each of the last 10 years, but only got out of the 1st round once, which was when they lost to the Lakers.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 03:29 PM)
Oh I understand that he has had to go against some great teams, but he has been bounced out of the first round so many times.

I think he's a very good coach, and I agree that he gets a lot out of his rosters, but if I were to call a coach amazing I'd hope he would be able to get out of the first round a bit more often.

He's made the playoffs each of the last 10 years, but only got out of the 1st round once, which was when they lost to the Lakers.

He doesn't control the roster. He has to do the best he can with the hand he's dealt.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 08:31 PM)
Duncan looks old so far.

He is old, but he's killed the Heat in the post the last few minutes. Their D hasn't been great though, Heat getting to the rim and causing problems on kickouts if they collapse.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 08:58 PM)
He is old, but he's killed the Heat in the post the last few minutes. Their D hasn't been great though, Heat getting to the rim and causing problems on kickouts if they collapse.

Yeah, I used some reverse psychology.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 10:21 PM)
Lebron with a very quiet triple double

Depends on how you define "quiet". Seems like they've mentioned it (or his rebound total) at least half a dozen times.