2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 09:44 PM)
Ha. Heat are in trouble. This reeks of '11.

Missing the game. Since Lebron is a better scorer than Mike (he would average 45 in the 80s, right? mike couldn't even do that) can you tell me how many points this insane scorer has. Also, what's he averaging for the series. Haven't checked.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 09:47 PM)
turning into a rout.

Heat are too explosive. They are 4 minutes from a 16-2 run.

But they do look like crap outside of Miller.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 09:49 PM)
Missing the game. Since Lebron is a better scorer than Mike (he would average 45 in the 80s, right? mike couldn't even do that) can you tell me how many points this insane scorer has. Also, what's he averaging for the series. Haven't checked.

Ha. Don't get mad because your defense was better in the 80's crap was debunked. Even the worst teams in the league scored over 100 ppg. Get outta here.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 09:55 PM)
Ha. Don't get mad because your defense was better in the 80's crap was debunked. Even the worst teams in the league scored over 100 points. Get outta here.

Please quote me when I said 80s defense was better. Thanks.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 09:53 PM)
This is just beautiful basketball by the Spurs. Crisp passing, ball movement, every player on the floor a threat from deep other Duncan.

Odd to see Spurs in transition so much more then Miami.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 10:00 PM)
lol. You've been jackin' off to hand-checking, more physical, tougher, blah, blah, for as long as you've been here. Exactly one team played that style.

In the 90s? You think so, huh. Dude, please, just stop. You're embarrassing yourself. You tried to call me out on the 80s, but couldn't back it up with proof (as always). I even said lebron would definitely be successful in the 80s because of how it was played (pace and such).

Whatever, I just couldn't resist the making a jab at lebron and that was my fault. We can ignore each other again.

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 10:04 PM)
In the 90s? You think so, huh. Dude, please, just stop. You're embarrassing yourself. You tried to call me out on the 80s, but couldn't back it up with proof (as always). I even said lebron would definitely be successful in the 80s because of how it was played (pace and such).

Whatever, I just couldn't resist the making a jab at lebron and that was my fault. We can ignore each other again.

Proof? Take your lazy ass to bball reference. I'm not typing out all these numbers when there right there for you. The 90's was a slow-it-down to a snails pace style with teams totally diluted by a 6-team expansion. Offenses are so much more advanced now. Look at what the Spurs are doing right now. This is pure basketball. Thugball Pacers/Knicks is out.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 10:12 PM)
Proof? Take your lazy ass to bball reference. I'm not typing out all these numbers when there right there for you. The 90's was a slow-it-down to a snails pace style with teams totally diluted by a 6-team expansion. Offenses are so much more advanced now. Look at what the Spurs are doing right now. This is pure basketball. Thugball Pacers/Knicks is out.

You just named two teams. I thought one team played with the hand check and played tougher basketball. Sigh. When will you stop? I like how you call me lazy, but never provide anything of substance. Funny.

And I never said anything great about the 80s. I don't know where you're getting that. Making things up again I see.

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 10:12 PM)

You should take your own advice. The league pace this year was 92. The year before it was 91.3. In 2010/11, it was 92.1. Here are the yearly league pace totals for the 90's...

90-91: 97.8

91-92: 96.6

92-93: 96.8

93-94: 95.1

94-95: 92.9

95-96: 91.8

96-97: 90.1

97-98: 90.3

98-99: 88.9

So for the majority of the Bulls' era, the NBA was comparable or faster than the current league.

LOL at the "diluted" comment too. It's not like the Bobcats, Raptors, Pistons, ect. are brimming with talent. The Bucks made the playoffs for christ's sake.

Edited by ZoomSlowik