2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2013 -> 10:31 PM)
It's not like they've been sloppy, unforced turnovers. The Heat D has been incredible.

Heat D plays a big role, but they have been VERY sloppy

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 13, 2013 -> 11:50 PM)
I've seen this effing movie before...

Spurs win game 5, go up 3-2

Miami wins game 6, ties it 3-3

Heat blows out Spurs in 7th game (yawn)

Well, the Mavs did go up 3-2 and finished 'em in game 6. Game 5 is the Spurs' season. No way in f***ing hell they lose game 5 and take two in Miami.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2013 -> 11:54 PM)
Well, the Mavs did go up 3-2 and finished 'em in game 6. Game 5 is the Spurs' season. No way in f***ing hell they lose game 5 and take two in Miami.

Big dif is that in 2011, LBJ was still a p****. Present day LeBron now at least attacks the basket when his j isn't falling.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 12:06 AM)
Big dif is that in 2011, LBJ was still a p****. Present day LeBron now at least attacks the basket when his j isn't falling.

Well, I would say the bigger difference is that you had Dirk playing some of the best basketball of his life (Spurs don't have a player like that). Neither one of these teams was going to win all three middle games. It just rarely happens. If the Spurs can get game 5, they have a real good shot. I still question whether Wade/Bosh can bring it like this (game 4) in consecutive games. If they do, yeah, it's over.

Edit: s***, I take it back about teams rarely winning games 3-4-5. Pistons and Heat (twice) have done it since '04. Totally forgot about the Pistons and '06 Heat.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 06:15 AM)
Well, I would say the bigger difference is that you had Dirk playing some of the best basketball of his life (Spurs don't have a player like that). Neither one of these teams was going to win all three middle games. It just rarely happens. If the Spurs can get game 5, they have a real good shot. I still question whether Wade/Bosh can bring it like this (game 4) in consecutive games. If they do, yeah, it's over.

Edit: s***, I take it back about teams rarely winning games 3-4-5. Pistons and Heat (twice) have done it since '04. Totally forgot about the Pistons and '06 Heat.

I don't recall Dirks series being that great so much as Jason Terry and Jason Kidd going off for three. But maybe that was just game 6 that is blocking my memory.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 08:04 AM)
I don't recall Dirks series being that great so much as Jason Terry and Jason Kidd going off for three. But maybe that was just game 6 that is blocking my memory.

He had two really good games, 1 pretty good game, and two bad games. It wasn't a great series by him. That series was definitely Miami's for the taking, but Lebron just went into ultra-passive mode and lost them a series.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 12:15 AM)

I think you'll find a good amount of people that would disagree with you on this. Most people felt Parker was playing the best basketball of his life this season and the previous series leading into the finals. After game 1 it looked like it too.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 08:04 AM)

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 08:13 AM)
He had two really good games, 1 pretty good game, and two bad games. It wasn't a great series by him. That series was definitely Miami's for the taking, but Lebron just went into ultra-passive mode and lost them a series.

He did 26 and 10 for the series. His shooting percentage in the finals was off. But he consistently made plays when it counted. He had a history of doing the exact opposite before that.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 09:04 AM)
Can you really see the Spurs losing two in a row to Miami? That's pretty much what Miami has to do win this series. If the see saw continues, the Spurs win.

I sure can. I would absolutely love to be wrong but I said Heat in 7 before the Finals started and I'm sticking to that :(

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 09:29 AM)
Ginobli played gooooooooooooooood last night

Yeah, for Miami

Taking those hurried, unnecessary, off-balance threes was some Nate Robinson ass s***.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 11:26 AM)
Yeah, for Miami

Taking those hurried, unnecessary, off-balance threes was some Nate Robinson ass s***.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen an NBA player play that poorly in an NBA Finals before. Taking terrible shots, making errant passes, losing the ball...if he had TRIED to play worse, he would have played better.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
Does any team have enough cap space that they could make a legit run at both?

Hard to say without the exact cap numbers. Atlanta can get as low as $22 million in existing salaries though and Utah and Detroit can get to the high-20's.