2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 03:56 PM)
More Kelly Dwyer. This time, how Reinsdorf treats the Bulls as opposed to how he treats the Sox

"Baseball is American. Basketball is just a game"

I always talk with my dad about how different the Bulls would be if they had a GM like KW.

KW is always pushing JR for 1 more piece, just a little bit more money. Seems like Garpax is always telling JR "Dont worry we are fine".

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
lol what? I have a hard time bashing our owner when the team he owns is better than 85% of the rest of the league, and is the 3rd most successful franchise in NBA history.

I know, they are perfect and faultless in your eyes. You don't have to keep reiterating it, I look forward to the next glowing report about this offseason

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 04:28 PM)
You're like opposite me, reverse RZZZA from Bizarro world :D

Where I see the silver lining, you see the dark cloud

I do not like what I am seeing. Ask any regular member of this thread if I have ever acted this way at any point and they will tell you no

I will say it again, we as Bulls fans deserve better.

Things could always be better but they could always be worse as well. I'd like Mark Cuban as an owner, but I fear a James Dolan-type of owner. If Reinsdorf sells the team, what guarantee is there that Bulls would benefit?

Even the article in your own link admits that Jerry is not averse to spending big money on the Bulls, we did hand out huge contracts to several players after all. He's said several times that he's willing to go into the tax for a contender.

fixed for accuracy.

The 6 championships the Bulls won in the 90's don't count?

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 04:38 PM)
Things could always be better but they could always be worse as well. I'd like Mark Cuban as an owner, but I fear a James Dolan-type of owner. If Reinsdorf sells the team, what guarantee is there that Bulls would benefit?

Even the article in your own link admits that Jerry is not averse to spending big money on the Bulls, we did hand out huge contracts to several players after all. He's said several times that he's willing to go into the tax for a contender.

The 6 championships the Bulls won in the 90's don't count?

Technically they do. But Reinsdorf had about as much to do with the dynasty as I did. I'll give Krause more credit for those titles than Jerry.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 03:48 PM)
Thats some very selective reasoning to say Jerry doesn't deserve credit for that. He WAS the owner of that team...We did get 7 championships under his stewardship.

Yeah not sure on that. By that logic he has zero championships and so does every other owner.

He has been the owner of two sports teams in Chicago and has won 7 titles as the owner. That just can't be disputed.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 02:26 PM)
I know, they are perfect and faultless in your eyes. You don't have to keep reiterating it, I look forward to the next glowing report about this offseason

They are one of the winningest franchises and were rebuilt into a title contender each of the past 2 years. This is the NBA, the vast majority of the league would be extremely envious of the Bulls. You also have to be careful you don't go crazy and turn into the Knicks. Knicks always pushed and so far it has done nothing but hinder them (vs. help them).

I really think the Bulls would have beaten the heat. Not sure how they do against OKC, but this would all be a moot point if Rose doesn't go down. Rose now is down, you can't just magically rebuilt and make things better overnight. The reality is the management you are bashing built a legit title contender this past year (and the vast majority of NBA analyst would agree, based upon their commentary all of last year).

How would the Lakers look if Kobe went down for the year. Same with the Heat and Lebron. Nothing they could do would make them contenders again.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 02:55 PM)
Does JR own the majority of the Bulls or does he own the majority of the White Sox? I remember he actually owned quite a bit of one of the teams, but can't remember which.

I don't think he owns the majority of either team. In fact, I thought it was the same ownership group which owned both teams, with similar percentages, but I might be wrong.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 04:59 PM)
They are one of the winningest franchises and were rebuilt into a title contender each of the past 2 years. This is the NBA, the vast majority of the league would be extremely envious of the Bulls. You also have to be careful you don't go crazy and turn into the Knicks. Knicks always pushed and so far it has done nothing but hinder them (vs. help them).

I really think the Bulls would have beaten the heat. Not sure how they do against OKC, but this would all be a moot point if Rose doesn't go down. Rose now is down, you can't just magically rebuilt and make things better overnight. The reality is the management you are bashing built a legit title contender this past year (and the vast majority of NBA analyst would agree, based upon their commentary all of last year).

How would the Lakers look if Kobe went down for the year. Same with the Heat and Lebron. Nothing they could do would make them contenders again.

Im not saying I expect them to contend this season. I know they will not contend, you take Rose off this team and of course they will not be able to compete. As I continue to state, this offseason should be about assembling a good roster so that when Rose comes back, they can take off(in 2014)

Instead, they are tying themselves down with absolute crap and expecting me to buy into it.

I do not believe they could have beaten the heat this past season. It doesnt matter because we will never know, but staying status quo because you THINK they could have beaten the heat is a horrible way to construct your team. I totally agree they should throw the kitchen sink at Dwight and make every effort to sign him, despite his insistence that he does not want to come to Chicago.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 05:00 PM)
Jordan was paid a lot of money at the end of his run.

And he got that back and then some. And I remember Jerry saying something along the lines of "I'm going to regret this later." He inherited the greatest team sports athlete in history. That's it. He stood by and watched the decimation of one of the greatest dynasties in sports history. The Bulls have won 3 playoff series since 1998. That, my friend, is terrible.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 05:04 PM)
I don't think he owns the majority of either team. In fact, I thought it was the same ownership group which owned both teams, with similar percentages, but I might be wrong.

I thought I've read before he is the majority owner of the Bulls, he wanted Steinbrenner to go in with him when he first made the purchase as a partner but when that didn't happen he was the majority owner.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 03:56 PM)
More Kelly Dwyer. This time, how Reinsdorf treats the Bulls as opposed to how he treats the Sox

"Baseball is American. Basketball is just a game"

I get Bulls fans being upset, but that article is just f***ing terrible. I think a 12 year old wrote it. The comparisons he tries to make between the franchises are misleading and don't make much sense.