2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 03:36 PM)
@KCJHoop

After Nate Robinson signing, Bulls are either done or might add Tracy McGrady.

As I said on TalkBulls, are we trying to recreate the 2011-2012 Atlanta Hawks bench? Hinrich, Radmon, TMac... Very underwhelming. I bet Gar was disappointed that Stackhouse signed so quickly with the Nets.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd venture to believe that only one of those 3 guys (Hinrich) would actually be getting playing time barring injury or rip being traded.

How many players can the Bulls carry on the team?? isn't it only 12 active and 15 all together??

So we'd be looking at (with a TMac signing)

Hinrich/Robinson/Teague

Rip/Bell/TMac

Deng/Butler/

Boozer/Taj/Vlad

Noah/Naz

I wouldn't mind another legit big added to the team. With the Prizzy rumors the Bulls may think the same thing. Okur would be a nice guy to stretch the floor but he's a turrable defender . Birdman would be an entertaining option.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 09:28 AM)
Why sign Teague when you can have euroleague all star Patrick Beverley at a fraction of the price? /LOL@BULLSFO

I remember how laughable I thought it was when the Grizzlies were haggling with Xavier Henry. Give him his 120% and be done with it, f***.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 09:59 AM)
Post some content, yo, for some reason that site's blocked at work!

If the plan was always for him to not join the NBA immediately, it would have been known long before now. Instead, we have had only silence. Then, then, leaves one other theory. Sources confirm the depressing truth - the reason the Bulls haven't signed Teague yet is because the Bulls don't want to give him the 120%.

If Teague signed for 100% of his rookie scale for its duration, that would mean a contract of $857,000, $895,600, $934,100 and $1,686,051, for a total of $4,372,751. If he signed for 120% of it, that would mean a contract of $1,028,400, $1,074,720, $1,120,920 and $2,023,261, for a total of $5,247,301. The difference between the two is $874,550. That is as-near-as-is the equivalent of one veteran minimum contract, but over a four year period. It is also less than a quarter of the $3,941,000 they just gave Kirk Hinrich. And the difference between Teague's 2012/13 salary between 100% and 120% of the scale amount is a rather trivial $171,400. Less than half a rookie minimum.
Edited by WHarris1

Why sign Teague when you can have euroleague all star Patrick Beverley at a fraction of the price? /LOL@BULLSFO

I'm convinced you don't give a s*** about Teague or Beverly, you just want to jump on any excuse possible to bash the Bulls.

Pretty much yeah. We saw what, 1/4 of a game of that last season?

Uhh...no. We saw like 15 games of that. Damn, I guess you guys just aren't as big of Bulls fan as me if you don't remember what we looked like with all our starters on the court :D

Those were good times, fun times...how do you not remember that?

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)
I'm convinced you don't give a s*** about Teague or Beverly, you just want to jump on any excuse possible to bash the Bulls.

Uhh...no. We saw like 15 games of that. Damn, I guess you guys just aren't as big of Bulls fan as me if you don't remember what we looked like with all our starters on the court :D

Those were good times, fun times...how do you not remember that?

I'm convinced J4L is right about you, Luc Longley could throw a Bulls jersey on and you would go on about how that was a savvy move to add a smart veteran that could nail the mid range jumper and also plays with his back to the basket.

Don't play the "you guys aren't good fans" card just because we refuse to ignore the massive warts on this team.

15 games = 1/4 of the games. OH BOY THAT WAS SUCH A FUN 25 PERCENT!

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 04:02 PM)
I've never seen you say anything good about the Bulls. Say something good about the Bulls, I triple dog dare you. I just want to see if you can do it, or if your head will explode.

Read anything prior to this offseason. You come in here like a train thinking you know everyone and what they are like, you dont. Not a clue.

So you can't say anything good about the Bulls, or do you just refuse to? You can't refuse a triple dog dare.

I don't claim to know you intimately, I've just never seen you say anything positive regarding the Bulls and I'd like to see it...before I die...if it isn't too much trouble to you.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 04:11 PM)
So you can't say anything good about the Bulls, or do you just refuse to? You can't refuse a triple dog dare.

I don't claim to know you intimately, I've just never seen you say anything positive regarding the Bulls and I'd like to see it...before I die...if it isn't too much trouble to you.

I dont owe you anything. When the Bulls do something good, I will acknowledge it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 03:55 PM)
I'm convinced J4L is right about you, Luc Longley could throw a Bulls jersey on and you would go on about how that was a savvy move to add a smart veteran that could nail the mid range jumper and also plays with his back to the basket.

Don't play the "you guys aren't good fans" card just because we refuse to ignore the massive warts on this team.

15 games = 1/4 of the games. OH BOY THAT WAS SUCH A FUN 25 PERCENT!

+1

Beverly sucks.

And I've like the moves they've made and I still think their being cheap.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 04:16 PM)
So there isn't anything positive you can say about the Bulls now, nothing at all you can think of?

It would truly make me happy if you could. I shall shed a tear of joy.

Nope. This offseason has been one steaming pile of s*** that makes me cry tears of stinging despair.

We definitely aren't winning the championship, but it won't be so bad. I guess I'm just not filled with as much despair as you guys at the prospect of one lost season where we're kinda mediocre again. I'm even looking forward to watching some of these young guys play.

I'm willing to give our FO 2 or 3 more years to try their vision again, because the last 2 years they built a heck of a team and it just got ruined because of injuries, which wasn't their fault.

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 04:20 PM)
We definitely aren't winning the championship, but it won't be so bad. I guess I'm just not filled with as much despair as you guys at the prospect of one lost season where we're kinda mediocre again. I'm even looking forward to watching some of these young guys play.

I'm willing to give our FO 2 or 3 more years to try their vision again, because the last 2 years they built a heck of a team and it just got ruined because of injuries, which wasn't their fault.

This is where we divert in our understanding of the front office. This season doesnt have to be a complete loss, it can be a bad season, but it can be one upon which the next season can be built. But they arent doing that, they are filling the roster with 2 tons of grade F horses*** that will need to be purged next season because none of it fits. You keep setting these extended timetables and refusing to acknowledge what I posted for you a few weeks ago. This front office keeps setting the bar back farther and farther, the extended timetable never comes to a finish. Its bulls***. We dont deserve this, we deserve a front office that can try and build a competitive team while their superstar is out, and try and think outside the box while doing so. Instead we get cheap and conservative "Everyone dont panic, we have a plan in place, everything will be fine when Derrick gets back". That is such a horrible way of doing business. Derrick needs help. He doesnt need Radmonovic and Nate Robinson and Bellinelli and a last legs Mohammed. They need a complimentary set of players, not the island of misfit toys. AND they need another superstar, because Derrick can not do this by himself.

There was 1 superstar on the market this year and the Bulls went hard for him. They went hard after Lebron/Wade/Bosh the year before that too.

Sometimes you have good plans, but they don't come to fruition. It sucks but that's life. I don't think the Bulls FO is incompetent or deserving of losing their jobs just yet, because they've attempted to make these big FA splash type moves that you want them to make, they just haven't been successful at it for various reasons (many of which are external reasons, not of their own doing)

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 04:32 PM)
There was 1 superstar on the market this year and the Bulls went hard for him. They went hard after Lebron/Wade/Bosh the year before that too.

Sometimes you have good plans, but they don't come to fruition. It sucks but that's life. I don't think the Bulls FO is incompetent or deserving of losing their jobs just yet, because they've attempted to make these big FA splash type moves that you want them to make, they just haven't been successful at it for various reasons (many of which are external reasons, not of their own doing)

All you have is excuses for them. Its ok, one day you will finally hit your breaking point when they disappoint you yet again.

Here comes the other homer to stir the pot further...I'm lost at what you guys wanted the Bulls to do this offseason. What past getting Mayo could they have done to excite you? Mayo doesn't seem like he'd fit the system, the guy got benched for missing to many practices. That doesn't seem like the type of guy Thibs would want on this team. Who else was there you guys wanted?? Courtney Lee and his 3% better shooting than Bellinelli? Their stats past that are about as close to exactly the same as you can get. Bell played .4 less mpg and scored .4 more ppg, .1 less rpg, and exactly the same amount of assists. But because he shot .417 compared to .433 and .377 to .401 from 3 Bellinelli is grade F horses***???

Did you want them to break apart the core?? Unless they got a superstar back I dont see the point in doing that this offseason with such a weak FA class. I'd rather they wait till next year when there should be some stud SGs out there on the market.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 08:53 AM)
Here comes the other homer to stir the pot further...I'm lost at what you guys wanted the Bulls to do this offseason. What past getting Mayo could they have done to excite you? Mayo doesn't seem like he'd fit the system, the guy got benched for missing to many practices. That doesn't seem like the type of guy Thibs would want on this team. Who else was there you guys wanted?? Courtney Lee and his 3% better shooting than Bellinelli? Their stats past that are about as close to exactly the same as you can get. Bell played .4 less mpg and scored .4 more ppg, .1 less rpg, and exactly the same amount of assists. But because he shot .417 compared to .433 and .377 to .401 from 3 Bellinelli is grade F horses***???

Did you want them to break apart the core?? Unless they got a superstar back I dont see the point in doing that this offseason with such a weak FA class. I'd rather they wait till next year when there should be some stud SGs out there on the market.

Im not arguing, this offseason was crap and you know it. "Wait til next year" is something we use to tease another organization for

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 10:52 AM)
Because we didnt get OJ Mayo? Or because the washed up PG we got isn't a future HoFer?

There wasn't much else out there.

It is disappointing that you have such low expectations