2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 11:30 AM)
It is disappointing that you have such low expectations

There wasn't much they could have done this off-season.... the dissapoinment falls from them failing to land any of the big 3 a couple years back and failing to do whatever it would have taken to land Howard. I wish JR was tougher and would realize the only good thing the current front office has done is draft Noah and luck into Rose. Can KW be the GM of both teams?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting Mayo or Courtney Lee would definitely not be the difference between winning and losing a championship for us. With Mayo, the hope was always to "fix him" and make him better than he's been the past 2 years. But thats far from a sure thing.

And I'm REALLY, REALLY, hesitant to throw max money at a guy like Harden. He's shown nothing, besides being really efficient, to show that he's deserving of max contract money. He can't carry a team as a #1 or even a #2 option, he can't defend at all. He would be a work project for us just like Mayo.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 10:52 AM)
Because we didnt get OJ Mayo? Or because the washed up PG we got isn't a future HoFer?

There wasn't much else out there.

Actually, yeah. That's a legitimate piece that you could put next to your superstar for years if you choose. Like Kyle has said over and over (and I can't believe the 180 he's done but I love it), we're going on 15 years now of empty promises and excuses. After the dynasty was stupidly broken up, the plan was to have all this cap space and sign free agents. Instead we get Ron Mercer. fail. Then the plan was to wait for Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry to become KG and Shaq. More fail. Then we trade Artest and Miller for Jalen Rose and I can't remember what else. I remember people saying that he (Rose) was a borderline superstar, or at the very least an all-star, player you could build around. Super fail there. Then we get Hinrich/Deng/Gordon rammed up our asses (WITH BEN WALLACE BEING THE FINAL PIECE TO THE PUZZLE!). More fail. KG? Kobe? Gasol? Fail, fail and fail. In '08, basketball jesus finally said, "you know what, Bulls fans have suffered enough. Let's get them a superstar somehow, someway." Enter Derrick Rose. What have we surrounded him with at the off-guard the last couple years? Keith Bogans and Rip Hamilton. What is this? 1994 when you could get away with scrubs like Kenny Smith and John Starks at the 2? Is this 1995 where Jeff Hornacek was considered somewhat athletic? This franchise has to get with the times. The Lakers are the Lakers. Boston had a plan back in '07 and executed it to perfection. Mark Cuban makes s*** happen. Miami is going to be in the way for the next 5 years. OKC didn't just draft Durant and stop there. f***ing do something! And no, waiting for Rose to get back to 100% is not enough.

Im not arguing, this offseason was crap and you know it. "Wait til next year" is something we use to tease another organization for

These are vague statements, you're disappointed, we get that. We're all disappointed. There's no need to sulk about it.

What would you have done differently? Based on your high expectations, what would you have the FO do?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)

What was I supposed to expect with this turrable crop of FAs?? Mayo would have been the only clear upgrade over Bellinelli, and I'm not sure he'd fit in with Thibs.

RZZZA stop it with the Harden talk, he's a really good player and exactly the guy this team needs. Don't think you'll find another person on here to agree with you

I think what happened with Mayo is that he overvalued his contract. He thought he was going to get big money offers, and when he realized he wasn't worth as much as he thought on the open market, he took a lower priced deal. By that time, the Bulls had already moved on and made other moves.

bleh, Harden is so over rated. He got pwnd in the finals and he's getting pwnd in international play now. He's only 23 but as of right now, he's nowhere near a complete player or starter material worth max contract money

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 11:59 AM)
These are vague statements, you're disappointed, we get that. We're all disappointed. There's no need to sulk about it.

What would you have done differently? Based on your high expectations, what would you have the FO do?

Listen, I can sulk all i want. You dont like it, put me on ignore.

You dont seem to be disappointed, you seem to be reveling in the bulls*** paraded in front of you. Enjoy it. Please, espouse on Malcolm Thomas and Patrick Beverley some more OMGZ THEY ARE THE PERFECT COMPLIMENTARY PLAYERS TO DERRICK ROSE Y'ALL THEY CAN HANDLE THE BALL AND GET TO THE RACK! IN THE EUROLEAGUE!

my high expectations are for a championship worthy franchise to act like it. Not like some second class organization waiting for perfection to land in their laps.

Hey bro, we need another superstar but we need to make moves to improve our bench too. The two are not mutually exclusive. I'm interested in ALL moves we make, not just the big ones.

You only seem to care about getting the top 5 players in the NBA. If we don't do that, you don't seem interested at all.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 12:06 PM)
Hey bro, we need another superstar but we need to make moves to improve our bench too. The two are not mutually exclusive. I'm interested in ALL moves we make, not just the big ones.

You only seem to care about getting the top 5 players in the NBA. If we don't do that, you don't seem interested at all.

They had a top bench. Now it's worse and considerably less athletic. But I guess I can always go to youtube and watch old dunk contests of nate robinson needing 14 attempts to complete a, um, dunk.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 04:06 PM)
Read anything prior to this offseason. You come in here like a train thinking you know everyone and what they are like, you dont. Not a clue.

He claimed I wasn't a true Bulls fan. 'Nuff said.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 12:09 PM)
I disagree that its worse or less athletic

Hey bro, I know you think Pax and Gar are infallible, but they arent. And there has been not one iota of improvement on the bench, as much as you love telling us there is.

Sunshine And Rainbowzzzzza

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 04:18 PM)
Nope. This offseason has been one steaming pile of s*** that makes me cry tears of stinging despair.

Yeah - this has been a wretched offseason. There has been no plan.

Stay the course.

Sell out games.

Pray for miracle.

Profit.

I guess it's a good model since we'll go to the games and tune in like zombies.

Hey bro, I know you think Pax and Gar are infallible, but they arent. And there has been not one iota of improvement on the bench, as much as you love telling us there is.

Sunshine And Rainbowzzzzza

I guess we'll see. It's obvious the bench will be more offensively oriented now and will be less defensively oriented. Is that "better"....? We'll see.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 12:09 PM)
I disagree that its worse or less athletic

On what planet is Hinrich, Robinson, Belinelli, the artist formerly known as prophet Nazr Mohammed and Radmanovich better and more athletic? And don't pull that some of these guys won't see big minutes stuff. With the injury history of the starters, they'll undoubtedly be called upon much, much more than you would like.

Edited by Jordan4life

I know what I see and I see that neither one of you has said anything positive about the Bulls in my short tenure here. It's all negativity.

If that's the case then it's fair to question your Bulls fandom. I'm sorry if it offends you.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 12:14 PM)
I know what I see and I see that neither one of you has said anything positive about the Bulls in my short tenure here. It's all negativity.

If that's the case then it's fair to question your Bulls fandom. I'm sorry if it offends you.

Sure, only if I can question your knowledge of the game and the players within it

No offense, of course

On what planet is Hinrich, Robinson, Belinelli, the artist formerly known as prophet Nazr Mohammed and Radmanovich better and more athletic? And don't pull that some of these guys won't see big minutes stuff. With the injury history of the starters, they'll undoubtedly be called upon much, much more than you would like.

Hinrich is not more athletic than CJ Watson, but he is a better point guard.

Robinson is much more athletic than JL III.

Bellinelli is much more athletic than Korver

and I'd argue Jimmy Butler is more athletic than Ronnie Brewer, especially offensively

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 12:58 PM)
Actually, yeah. That's a legitimate piece that you could put next to your superstar for years if you choose. Like Kyle has said over and over (and I can't believe the 180 he's done but I love it), we're going on 15 years now of empty promises and excuses. After the dynasty was stupidly broken up, the plan was to have all this cap space and sign free agents. Instead we get Ron Mercer. fail. Then the plan was to wait for Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry to become KG and Shaq. More fail. Then we trade Artest and Miller for Jalen Rose and I can't remember what else. I remember people saying that he (Rose) was a borderline superstar, or at the very least an all-star, player you could build around. Super fail there. Then we get Hinrich/Deng/Gordon rammed up our asses (WITH BEN WALLACE BEING THE FINAL PIECE TO THE PUZZLE!). More fail. KG? Kobe? Gasol? Fail, fail and fail. In '08, basketball jesus finally said, "you know what, Bulls fans have suffered enough. Let's get them a superstar somehow, someway." Enter Derrick Rose. What have we surrounded him with at the off-guard the last couple years? Keith Bogans and Rip Hamilton. What is this? 1994 when you could get away with scrubs like Kenny Smith and John Starks at the 2? Is this 1995 where Jeff Hornacek was considered somewhat athletic? This franchise has to get with the times. The Lakers are the Lakers. Boston had a plan back in '07 and executed it to perfection. Mark Cuban makes s*** happen. Miami is going to be in the way for the next 5 years. OKC didn't just draft Durant and stop there. f***ing do something! And no, waiting for Rose to get back to 100% is not enough.

You're right, they stayed garbage and got Westbrook and Harden in the draft...what else have they done? Same sort of thing the Bulls we're doing with Curry and Chandler, just didn't work out that way.

What has Mark Cuban done? Yes he won a championship but he didn't make any huge moves to do so...like the Bulls have done.

Bulls had the same plan as Miami did, it just didn't happen, cant blame the FO for that.

Jalen Rose was coming off 3 straight 18+ ppg seasons and proceeded to put up career highs with the Bulls. (23 ppg his first 30 games, then 22 the following full season)

Sure, only if I can question your knowledge of the game and the players within it

No offense, of course

I've never seen you give any great insight to the game, all I've seen you do is whine and poo poo every move the Bulls have made. Again, don't tell me what you were like 2 or 3 offseasons ago. I'm talking about what I'm seeing from you now.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 12:16 PM)
You're right, they stayed garbage and got Westbrook and Harden in the draft...what else have they done? Same sort of thing the Bulls we're doing with Curry and Chandler, just didn't work out that way.

What has Mark Cuban done? Yes he won a championship but he didn't make any huge moves to do so...like the Bulls have done.

Bulls had the same plan as Miami did, it just didn't happen, cant blame the FO for that.

Jalen Rose was coming off 3 straight 18+ ppg seasons and proceeded to put up career highs with the Bulls. (23 ppg his first 30 games, then 22 the following full season)

O RLY? Within the 2009-2010 season and through the 2010 free agency they added Tyson Chandler, Jason Kidd, Corey Brewer, Peja Stojakovic and brought in Shawn Marion.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 12:17 PM)
I've never seen you give any great insight to the game, all I've seen you do is whine and poo poo every move the Bulls have made. Again, don't tell me what you were like 2 or 3 offseasons ago. I'm talking about what I'm seeing from you now.

And all i see you do is praise it all and throw up youtube videos.

And get punked by zoom on the definition of usage and how it applies