2012-2013 NBA thread

And it's ridiculous to act like I think Patrick Beverely is some superstar waiting to happen. All I did was report in this thread that the Bulls were interested in signing him, then I posted a youtube video of his highlights here. Pardon me for thinking Bulls fans would want to be kept up to date on the moves the Bulls make.

You take that as me being so thrilled about Patrick Beverely, ok, whatever...

You're acting ridiculous Kyle.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 12:14 PM)
I know what I see and I see that neither one of you has said anything positive about the Bulls in my short tenure here. It's all negativity.

If that's the case then it's fair to question your Bulls fandom. I'm sorry if it offends you.

Youve been here less than 2 months and are talking to posters who have been here 5+ years.

Go back and read the threads, but a lot of people here were very pro-Bulls for a long time.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 12:16 PM)
You're right, they stayed garbage and got Westbrook and Harden in the draft...what else have they done? Same sort of thing the Bulls we're doing with Curry and Chandler, just didn't work out that way.

Doesn't matter. How many lotto picks did the Bulls have in the early 2000's and botched each one? Yes, Durant was easy. Wesbrook and Harden, not to mention Ibaka where they got him, that was skill. And talk to the Spurs about needing top 5 picks to be competitive.

What has Mark Cuban done? Yes he won a championship but he didn't make any huge moves to do so...like the Bulls have done.

The mavs have been right there in a much better conference for a decade now. Tyson Chandler? Jason Terry? Even Jason Kidd at the time? Those were impact moves that eventually led to a title.

Bulls had the same plan as Miami did, it just didn't happen, cant blame the FO for that.

I know. Just like we couldn't blame them in 2000. Zzzzzz.

Jalen Rose was coming off 3 straight 18+ ppg seasons and proceeded to put up career highs with the Bulls. (23 ppg his first 30 games, then 22 the following full season)

gmab. Jalen Rose was nowhere near a superstar player. Even on the worst teams, somebody has to score.

And all i see you do is praise it all and throw up youtube videos.

And get punked by zoom on the definition of usage and how it applies

get punked? Is that how you describe it? I describe it as having substantive, interesting basketball discussions. Something you and I have never done. You want to 'pwn' me? First we have to actually start talking about basketball.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 01:22 PM)
O RLY? Within the 2009-2010 season and through the 2010 free agency they added Tyson Chandler, Jason Kidd, Corey Brewer, Peja Stojakovic and brought in Shawn Marion.

The same Tyson Chandler you've already taken a dump on, past their prime players like Peja and Marion who are similar to what the Bulls tried to do with Rip, Corey Brewer who scored a grand total of 5 points per game for them, and a washed up J Kidd who yes can still pass the ball....All sound like players you'd poo on if the Bulls got them before you even saw them play here.

The same Tyson Chandler you've already taken a dump on, past their prime players like Peja and Marion who are similar to what the Bulls tried to do with Rip, Corey Brewer who scored a grand total of 5 points per game for them, and a washed up J Kidd who yes can still pass the ball....All sound like players you'd poo on if the Bulls got them before you even saw them play here.

^ exactly, lol. He'd bash every one of those signings, because none of them are Dwight, Lebron or Kobe.

The 2011 Mavs team is exactly the type of team he DOESN'T want us to have.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)

Who did the Bulls acquire that are on the same planet as Chandler?

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 12:34 PM)
^ exactly, lol. He'd bash every one of those signings, because none of them are Dwight, Lebron or Kobe.

The difference though with Cuban you know you have the owner whose going to go all out and do everything possible to put together a team that will compete for the championship. The Bulls are just a mess and too cautious to make any risky moves.

When did I take a dump on Tyson Chandler? You are assuming a lot in this, but thats fine. Malcolm Thomas y'all

What player did the Bulls sign who has been DPOY, on the Dream Team, etc?

Cause I see none.

Right, because in every one of my posts, thats what I said, I want one of those three and thats all.

Please, tell me more about the D League.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 12:24 PM)
And it's ridiculous to act like I think Patrick Beverely is some superstar waiting to happen. All I did was report in this thread that the Bulls were interested in signing him, then I posted a youtube video of his highlights here. Pardon me for thinking Bulls fans would want to be kept up to date on the moves the Bulls make.

You take that as me being so thrilled about Patrick Beverely, ok, whatever...

You're acting ridiculous Kyle.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 14, 2012 -> 02:06 PM)
We're going into the season with 1 proven PG on the roster. PG depth is something we do need.

And this guy is never going to play on the court at the same time as Derrick Rose. But if he does, at least he's another guy that can play off him, can run the floor with him and can put pressure on defenses like him.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 14, 2012 -> 02:12 PM)
Just look of his highlights on youtube. Obviously he feels comfortable driving and either drawing contact or finishing. Worst case scenario on offense: PG version of Jimmy Butler.

Your own assessment of Beverley. Someone who can run the floor and put pressure on defenses LIKE DERRICK ROSE.

Mark Cuban wasn't expecting Tyson Chandler to turn into Kevin Garnett and save the franchise. There's the difference. And whether people like Cuban or not, nobody can ever question his dedication. He's ALWAYS on the prowl. And we're not just talking 2011. how do you not remember how epically bad the Mavs were before Cuban? And how they've been right at the top of their conference for years now? s***, if not for wade going to the line 600 times, they would've won in '06.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 12:36 PM)
The difference though with Cuban you know you have the owner whose going to go all out and do everything possible to put together a team that will compete for the championship. The Bulls are just a mess and too cautious to make any risky moves.

+1

Your own assessment of Beverley. Someone who can run the floor and put pressure on defenses LIKE DERRICK ROSE.

Yeah its called looking at a player and recognizing what his skillset is. Beverly is a ball handling/penetrating point guard. He can run the floor, because he's quick. He can put pressure on defenses, because he can handle the ball and drive the lane. Not saying he's going to be anywhere near as good as Derrick Rose. Just pointing out what his skillset consists of, for people who don't know anything about him.

Jesus Kyle, you really have a hard on for me.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 12:42 PM)
Yeah its called looking at a player and recognizing what his skillset is. Beverly is a ball handling/penetrating point guard. He can run the floor, because he's quick. He can put pressure on defenses, because he can handle the ball and drive the lane. Not saying he's going to be anywhere near as good as Derrick Rose. Just pointing out what his skillset consists of, for people who don't know anything about him.

Jesus Kyle, you really have a hard on for me.

Almost as big as yours for Garpax

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 01:25 PM)
Doesn't matter. How many lotto picks did the Bulls have in the early 2000's and botched each one? Yes, Durant was easy. Wesbrook and Harden, not to mention Ibaka where they got him, that was skill. And talk to the Spurs about needing top 5 picks to be competitive.

Because their biggest piece Tim Duncan wasn't the top pick in the draft....ok.

The mavs have been right there in a much better conference for a decade now. Tyson Chandler? Jason Terry? Even Jason Kidd at the time? Those were impact moves that eventually led to a title.

Those guys are in the same category as Rip would have been had he stayed healthy.

I know. Just like we couldn't blame them in 2000. Zzzzzz.

May be a boring excuse but its a fact. Duncan re-signed with San Antonio, Hill accommodated his wife’s desires to go to Orlando and McGrady and Jones both opted to play near their home towns. Those were the big pieces they went after in 00. What can ya do?

gmab. Jalen Rose was nowhere near a superstar player. Even on the worst teams, somebody has to score.

Never said he was a superstar but getting a 20ppg player isnt something to s*** on

Almost.

And this hard on for Mark Cuban really perplexes me. Yes, he's a good owner, but prior to 2011 the Mavs were known for being perennial playoff chokers. Number of chips they won? 1. Number of chips we won? 6.

And look at the team they assembled to win that championship. 1 superstar and a bunch of good roleplayers. Thats exactly the opposite of what you're advocating for now.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 01:35 PM)
Who did the Bulls acquire that are on the same planet as Chandler?

Didn't need one, they had Jo and Asik....What was out there this year that would be a huge upgrade over Naz thats not getting some ridiculous contract (Asik)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 01:36 PM)
When did I take a dump on Tyson Chandler? You are assuming a lot in this, but thats fine. Malcolm Thomas y'all

Mighta been J4L who brought up the Chandler/Curry thing, my bad.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 12:45 PM)
Almost.

And this hard on for Mark Cuban really perplexes me. Yes, he's a good owner, but prior to 2011 the Mavs were known for being perennial playoff chokers. Number of chips they won? 1. Number of chips we won? 6.

And look at the team they assembled to win that championship. 1 superstar and a bunch of good roleplayers. Thats exactly the opposite of what you're advocating for now.

The Mavs team that won the title wasn't set up to win multiple years (like Miami is now). Cuban knew that. That's why he reluctantly let guys like Chandler, Stevenson, barrera (don't know how to spell his name), etc, go. He's already looking at the future. As far as playoff chokers? Well, other than '06 and inexplicably '07, what years did they really choke? And you can't blame cuban for '06. They were up 2-0 and had a 13 point lead in game 3 before the refs decided they wanted to put wade on the line 10 times a quarter. And '07? that was a 67 wins beast that won like 33 outta 34 games at one point and lost to the 8th seeded warriors. That's coaches and players. But the bigger picture escapes you. The mavs are there every year under Cuban.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 12:45 PM)
Almost.

Its great that the Bulls have won 6 championships, but those are in the past, and none of them are in the last 10 years. If you are happy with 6 Championships in the 90s, that is great. But the fans you are talking to, want the Bulls to win in the future, they arent happy settling for past results.

Furthermore, you arent even listening to their argument. It isnt that they prefer the roster, its that if Cuban was the Bulls owner over the last 10 years, we wouldnt have been as s***ty. And I dont really think many people would argue with that.

Your mentality is like the Bulls, prepare for the best, hope for the best.

My mentality is, prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

So right now, most sane Bulls fans are asking what have the bulls done to prepare for the worst. And the answer is not much. Its not about everything going right, its about winning when everything goes wrong.

The Mavs team that won the title wasn't set up to win multiple years (like Miami is now). Cuban knew that. That's why he reluctantly let guys like Chandler, Stevenson, barrera (don't know how to spell his name), etc, go. He's already looking at the future. As far as playoff chokers? Well, other than '06 and inexplicably '07, what years did they really choke? And you can't blame cuban for '06. They were up 2-0 and had a 13 point lead in game 3 before the refs decided they wanted to put wade on the line 10 times a quarter. And '07? that was a 67 wins beast that won like 33 outta 34 games at one point and lost to the 8th seeded warriors. That's coaches and players. But the bigger picture escapes you. The mavs are there every year under Cuban.

Ok but many people here would say that just being there is akin to failure. Deep playoff runs and great regular season records apparently don't mean anything, just like our great records these past 2 years and our ECF run in 2011 doesn't mean anything.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 12:51 PM)
Didn't need one, they had Jo and Asik....What was out there this year that would be a huge upgrade over Naz thats not getting some ridiculous contract (Asik)

You cant change the question.

The statement was that the Bulls acquired players of similar caliber as Tyson Chandler, thats just patently untrue. It wasnt about money or availability, it was that the Bulls got someone as good as Chandler. Thats a bulslhit nonsense statement, whoever said it needs to own it.