2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 12:56 PM)
Ok but many people here would say that just being there is akin to failure. Deep playoff runs and great regular season records apparently don't mean anything, just like our great records these past 2 years and our ECF run in 2011 doesn't mean anything.

2011 by itself was fine. Nobody thought the bulls would get that far and they lost to a better team. The problem is they had the audacity to think that flipping bogans for a washed up Hamilton would be the difference this year.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 01:59 PM)
2011 by itself was fine. Nobody thought the bulls would get that far and they lost to a better team. The problem is they had the audacity to think that flipping bogans for a washed up Hamilton would be the difference this year.

If Rose hadn't trashed his knee...can you say it wouldn't have been the difference?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 01:01 PM)
If Rose hadn't trashed his knee...can you say it wouldn't have been the difference?

And that's exactly why Jerry and the FO is just sittin' back and chillin'. Because Bulls fans are going to play that card for eternity. If you can't see how Miami just totally thrashed OKC and recognize that the Bulls, even with Rose, would've suffered a similar fate, I don't know what to say.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
You cant change the question.

The statement was that the Bulls acquired players of similar caliber as Tyson Chandler, thats just patently untrue. It wasnt about money or availability, it was that the Bulls got someone as good as Chandler. Thats a bulslhit nonsense statement, whoever said it needs to own it.

The only comparison I made in that comment was about Peja and Marion was like what the Bulls did with Rip. I didnt say anything about them getting a player as good as him because we have Noah and dont need him. You read it wrong sir.

And that's exactly why Jerry and the FO is just sittin' back and chillin'. Because Bulls fans are going to play that card for eternity. If you can't see how Miami just totally thrashed OKC and recognize that the Bulls, even with Rose, would've suffered a similar fate, I don't know what to say.

Bulls a much better team than OKC. More disciplined, better coached and defend much better. OKC more talented, but Bulls a better team. We would have given the Heat a better fight than OKC did.

Look at the Celtics, they took the Heat to 7. And we're better than the Celtics at full health.

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)

And yet...that same Miami team barely eeked out a 7 game win against a Celtics team that is simply not as good as the Bulls would be if they hadn't lost Rose.

The real problem for the FO is that even if they made the hypothetical "Big move" that somehow they're supposed to make, they can't really make it for 2012-2013 if they won't expect to have Rose. Which means...it better be for something that helps after 2013 as well.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 01:04 PM)

The Bosh-less Heat barely got by the Celtics. I think the Bulls with Rose could have beaten them (without Bosh) in the ECF.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 01:04 PM)

Regardless of what you thought the Bulls could have done, you still should be asking questions because the Heat/Thunder arent going away. The Bulls need a legitimate on the ball threat who can score and most importantly hit jump shots.

Otherwise the Bulls are hoping for best case scenarios to beat those other teams, because while Thib's man to man, grind/slow game will beat a ton of weaker teams, its not always going to stop Durant/Lebron type scorers.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 01:06 PM)
The only comparison I made in that comment was about Peja and Marion was like what the Bulls did with Rip. I didnt say anything about them getting a player as good as him because we have Noah and dont need him. You read it wrong sir.

Marion had a perfectly normal season. Maybe Peja you could compare to Rip, but not Marion

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 01:07 PM)
The Bosh-less Heat barely got by the Celtics. I think the Bulls with Rose could have beaten them (without Bosh) in the ECF.

you're doing what mags tried to do. You can't give Chicago Rose and still leave the Heat with no Bosh. That's kinda not fair. If the only difference between the Sixers and the Bulls is rose, then they were not destined to win even with rose. And I don't want to hear about Noah. The Bulls got waxed in game 2 with noah going like 11/12 and 26 points. and in the series clincher the Bulls outrebounded the Sixers by like 20 and still lost. so they didn't miss noah that game.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 01:07 PM)

This is exactly what Im talking about.

IF the Heat are down a player, then the full strength Bulls can beat them.

The fact is the Heat down a player (who would arguably be the 2nd best player on the Bulls) were able to make the NBA finals. That should scare the s*** out of Bulls fans, especially as the Bulls still have failed to get anyone on Bosh's level. Basically its how fast will Wade break down, and how good will Lebron/Bosh be with out him.

Otherwise you are just hoping, which is fine, but call it what it is.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 01:59 PM)

You mean like the Mavs did getting Peja and Marion who both scored less points that Rip did the previous year....Worked out for them

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 01:21 PM)
Touche.

Thats the risk you take with older players.

You say risk. I say delusion. It was delusional to think that Rip was going to magically be healthy in a condensed season and go mano-a-mano with Wade at this point in his career.

You guys seemed to want Courtney Lee...Why not Bellinelli who has VERY similar numbers? Why is one ok and one grade f horses*** or whatever. We knew Butler was gonna get a bigger role. I also seem to remember a lot of people on here calling for the Hinrich signing....It wasnt a great offseason, but with what was out there I dont think it was terrible like youre all saying.

Because Marco is white! there, I said it.

Nah just kidding, but its probably because Courtney is perceived (justly) to be a much better defender.

But in reality, neither one are going to be anything more than roleplayers for us. Courtney Lee as a long term solution at 2 guard for us, was always a joke.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 01:37 PM)
Because Marco is white! there, I said it.

Nah just kidding, but its probably because Courtney is perceived (justly) to be a much better defender.

But in reality, neither one are going to be anything more than roleplayers for us. Courtney Lee as a long term solution at 2 guard for us, was always a joke.

Don't care too much for Lee. Mayo is the one I will never accept letting get away. He would've been a beautiful addition. Whether as a starter or a Harden-like 6th man.

Bulls have had fantastic team chemistry the last few seasons, a guy like Mayo who misses practices, and gets suspended for drugs doesnt seem like the professional Thibs would want on this team. But then again we did try to trade for him a few years ago so I'm probably wrong with that logic.

With them only signing Bellinelli to a 1 year contract I'm lead to believe they'll be going after one of the stud SGs next year....We've all called this a lost year including myself so whats the point of throwing a multi year contract at Mayo when he could turn out to be a clubhouse cancer and there will be better options next year....yes i know "wait till next year yawnnnnnnnnn"

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 02:12 PM)
Bulls have had fantastic team chemistry the last few seasons, a guy like Mayo who misses practices, and gets suspended for drugs doesnt seem like the professional Thibs would want on this team. But then again we did try to trade for him a few years ago so I'm probably wrong with that logic.

With them only signing Bellinelli to a 1 year contract I'm lead to believe they'll be going after one of the stud SGs next year....We've all called this a lost year including myself so whats the point of throwing a multi year contract at Mayo when he could turn out to be a clubhouse cancer and there will be better options next year....yes i know "wait till next year yawnnnnnnnnn"

If your saving money for next year isnt Hinrich's $4mil more troublesome than Bellini?

I dont know exactly how rfa's work, but if there is a way to sign the FA before you have to match the RFA, Bulls can maybe get a stud. Theyd have to waive Boozer, not pick up option on Hamilton. But it would be a lot easier if you didnt have old man Hinrich.

Meh. Jerry had no problem letting KW trade for a wife beater. Mayo would've been an outstanding (possibly long-term) addition.

For the god knows what multiple of times I've said this, the Bulls are not remotely in a position to bid on a stud SG next year unless they amnesty Boozer and dump Deng while taking no salary back. That second one is a bit of a stretch because 1) This team has usually been really attached to their own players, and 2) you have to find a team that's under the cap and willing to absorb basically Deng's entire contract. Oh, and also the most important part, 3) signing someone that's a big enough upgrade over Deng to also negate cutting Boozer loose.

Unless they do both of those things, they won't have nearly enough space to sign anyone for over the MLE. In other words, we're having basically this same argument next year unless the Bulls actually grow a pair.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

Marquis Teague revealed that he is closing in on a deal with the Bulls.

“I’m about to get it figured out when I go back,” said Teague, who is currently working John Calipari’s youth basketball camp at the University of Kentucky. “We just pretty much came up with something. So as soon as I go back to Chicago, it’ll be done. We’re right there. We’ll figure it out.”

“I knew they liked me a lot,” Teague said. “They had called my agent and things like that. But yeah, it kind of surprised me that I went there. I feel like I’m just going to come in, try to bring a lot of energy, pick up on defense full-court, just try to change the game as much as I can.”