2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So instead of fighting about the Bulls, lets fight about why Zoom is wrong:

http://flapship.com/the-all-time-dream-team/

Here is who I would have gone with: (* denotes not on Zooms team)

C- Kareem dont call me Alcindor Jabbar

PF- Sir Charles *

SF- Lebrizzle James

SG- Jordan

PG- Magic

Bench:

Shaq*

Malone*

Kobe*

Big O

Bird

West

Tim Duncan

Out:

Ray Allen, yes he is a better pure shooter than Kobe, no I dont care.

Kevin Garnett, over Malone, Barkley, Shaq, no thank you.

Wilt Chamberlain, I took the better version, Shaq.

Scottie Pippen, it hurts to knock him out as a Bulls fan, but I can get defense other places.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 11:32 AM)
So instead of fighting about the Bulls, lets fight about why Zoom is wrong:

http://flapship.com/the-all-time-dream-team/

Here is who I would have gone with: (* denotes not on Zooms team)

C- Kareem dont call me Alcindor Jabbar

PF- Sir Charles *

SF- Lebrizzle James

SG- Jordan

PG- Magic

Where are the perimeter shooters in that lineup? There is also only one basketball so having Lebron and Magic on the court at the same time seems like a bad idea. Lebron isn't very good off the ball at all.

They would be pretty fun on the fastbreak though.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 11:44 AM)
Where are the perimeter shooters in that lineup? There is also only one basketball so having Lebron and Magic on the court at the same time seems like a bad idea. Lebron isn't very good off the ball at all.

They would be pretty fun on the fastbreak though.

Lebron is arguably one of the best defenders ever.

As for the 3, this team should maybe shoot 10 per game (if that), Im pretty confident that MJ, Magic, Larry can hit 3-5 a game.

90% of the game is going to be Magic breaking down the other team on the dribble and passing for easy slams. Im thinking NBA Jam.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 11:04 PM)
For the god knows what multiple of times I've said this, the Bulls are not remotely in a position to bid on a stud SG next year unless they amnesty Boozer and dump Deng while taking no salary back. That second one is a bit of a stretch because 1) This team has usually been really attached to their own players, and 2) you have to find a team that's under the cap and willing to absorb basically Deng's entire contract. Oh, and also the most important part, 3) signing someone that's a big enough upgrade over Deng to also negate cutting Boozer loose.

Unless they do both of those things, they won't have nearly enough space to sign anyone for over the MLE. In other words, we're having basically this same argument next year unless the Bulls actually grow a pair.

I knew you were gonna find that lol I hesitated to post it. That may be the plan, I just dont see the point in signing a good young SG to a 1 year contract if it wasn't.

I agree this thread is turrable right now. At this point there's nothing to say that isnt just total BS speculation/projections.....I've greatly contributed to this but you never wanna bait a jobless basketball junkie, I can go all day.

WHOOPS the thread actually webt a different direction....disregard.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 11:56 AM)
I knew you were gonna find that lol I hesitated to post it. That may be the plan, I just dont see the point in signing a good young SG to a 1 year contract if it wasn't.

I agree this thread is turrable right now. At this point there's nothing to say that isnt just total BS speculation/projections.....I've greatly contributed to this but you never wanna bait a jobless basketball junkie, I can go all day.

He was signed for the vet minimum, it's not like they're treating Belinelli as a centerpiece. Really, he's probably just insurance for when Rip gets hurt/dumped for salary reasons.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
PG: Magic/West

SG: Jordan/Ray

SF: Bird/James/Pippen

PF: Duncan/Barkley

C : Wilt/Kareem/Hakeem

I would have happily taken Hakeem, but Badger told me I couldn't take him since he was born in Nigeria. :lolhitting

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 11:55 AM)
He's on the same level he was 2 years ago when they lost, nothings ever written in stone...If Perry Jones plays to his potential OKC is gonna be be really scary next year too. A Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Jones-Ibaka lineup on the floor at the same time would be ridiculous!

He relied on jumpers a lot more last year and completely disappeared in the finals.

Also, Jones is crazy-athletic, but there's a reason he wasn't a lottery pick. He's still a work in progress, he wasn't even that dominant at Baylor.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 12:21 PM)
He relied on jumpers a lot more last year and completely disappeared in the finals.

Also, Jones is crazy-athletic, but there's a reason he wasn't a lottery pick. He's still a work in progress, he wasn't even that dominant at Baylor.

With scorers like KD, Russell, and Harden as long as he utilizes his great athleticism to play great D he'll make an impact. Lined up next to Iblocka SHOULD be an intimidating force, esp going up against Miami who loves to drive.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 10:30 AM)
So, watching the olympics, it's pretty amazing seeing peak Lebron James. I'm pretty sure it's just in the books the heat will win 2 in a row.

Nope, Derrick Rose will have the most miraculous recovery in history and defeat the Heat in 7.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 12:31 PM)
With scorers like KD, Russell, and Harden as long as he utilizes his great athleticism to play great D he'll make an impact. Lined up next to Iblocka SHOULD be an intimidating force, esp going up against Miami who loves to drive.

He played with stellar athletes at Baylor too, didn't matter. He's not a good defender, that's a major part of his problem. He's a shooting guard trapped in a center's body, he doesn't play with any aggression and avoids contact. Unless they suddenly decide to amnesty Perkins, he's not going to start and probably won't get major minutes. You take Jones because of what he might be in 3 years, not because of what he's going to do this year.

Edit- I'm just commenting on those two points, not saying Miami is completely unbeatable. I'd say they're a prohibitive favorite, but you never know what weird thing will happen between now and June (injury, one of the Thunder's young guys taking the next step, Dwight getting traded somewhere for another superteam, ect).

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 06:31 PM)
Chris Broussard and "sources" are saying Howard to LA via Philly and Denver is VERY CLOSE

Denver's coming out the best in this IMO. They get Igudola for Afflalo and Harrington. Philly finally gets a dominating big man. Orlando also gets two guys who will put them in basketball hell (not good enough to really compete for a championship, but good for a 5th or 6th seed).

The Lakers sure are giving up a lot for Dwight. I thought that if they gave up one of Bynum or Gasol, they'd have an overwhelming advantage over Miami. Now that it looks like they have to give up two guys, it's not so appealing anymore IMO. Still though, Nash, Kobe, and Dwight is a pretty good Big 3.