2012-2013 NBA thread

Really wish we were the sixers in this trade. Trade deng as iggy, get bynum ( I know it's not that simple, but basic principle), and trust that with the extra 5th year you can offer, you have a top3 PG and top3 C on your team. Now that I see how the trade ended up I'm really f***ing pissed.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 10:52 PM)
The Magic are seemingly also making it known that they didn't trust Bynum's knees.

I think they've seen how untradeable Amare Stoudemire is ATM also, and don't want to be stuck in a worst case scenario with Bynum as well.

Hennigan is basically just going to model exactly what Oklahoma City did when they first moved. Trade your best players for picks and cheap players e.g Ray Allen for pick #5, and rebuild and hope you end up with a stud in the draft like Kevin Durant.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 06:28 AM)
This deal makes no sense for Orlando. At least New Orleans got Gordon and Rivers.

I thought they might go for getting absolutely nothing back, but nothing all on expiring contracts. I do NOT get taking that package and money back. Start from scratch with a s*** ton of money and firsts? I GET IT! This package? NO f***IN CLUE

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 11:39 PM)
I thought they might go for getting absolutely nothing back, but nothing all on expiring contracts. I do NOT get taking that package and money back. Start from scratch with a s*** ton of money and firsts? I GET IT! This package? NO f***IN CLUE

The problem is, what teams are actually out there that will offer nothing but expiring contracts (enough to balance out a trade salary cap wise) and offer at least 3-4 1st round picks, and also take back the contracts of Jason Richardson and Chris Duhon?

Brooklyn isn't an option because of Brook Lopez. No way do I do that trade when he's on a 4/60 contract.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 08:36 AM)
Really wish we were the sixers in this trade. Trade deng as iggy, get bynum ( I know it's not that simple, but basic principle), and trust that with the extra 5th year you can offer, you have a top3 PG and top3 C on your team. Now that I see how the trade ended up I'm really f***ing pissed.

See, this is why I have been so pissy this offseason. s*** like this keeps happening and all we have is "well, it didnt work out"

Make it work out. Kupchak just said "Give me Dwight" and 3 other teams said "OK". And Kupchak didnt give a s*** that he was giving up a young and pretty good center. And he didnt care about the money, or the possibility that Dwight wont re-sign. He just did it anyway.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 01:51 PM)
See, this is why I have been so pissy this offseason. s*** like this keeps happening and all we have is "well, it didnt work out"

Make it work out. Kupchak just said "Give me Dwight" and 3 other teams said "OK". And Kupchak didnt give a s*** that he was giving up a young and pretty good center. And he didnt care about the money, or the possibility that Dwight wont re-sign. He just did it anyway.

The other deals were all point guards i didn't give a s*** about. Now Philly is probably better than us if Jrue and Turner keep progressing. But worst case scenario, you shed Deng, you get Bynum and he either signs or you have a lot more cap space.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 08:51 AM)

Exactly. We have sat with our thumbs up our collective asses all summer.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 08:51 AM)

This is why...

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 09:43 AM)
Wasn't what Bynum said that he was going to test free agency no matter what? If so, you still have that 5th year nobody else can offer.

That's one of the stupid things I don't get with the new CBA: financially, it makes sense to test free agency. For whatever reason, he can only sign like 4-50 as an extension but he can get whatever the traditional monster deal is that Deron just signed if he hits the free agent market and then re-signs with his team. It's totally backwards, if you gave players an incentive to sign extensions maybe we'd avoid some of this bulls*** (or I guess they'd just try to get traded before free agency, but I digress).

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 06:58 AM)
The other deals were all point guards i didn't give a s*** about. Now Philly is probably better than us if Jrue and Turner keep progressing. But worst case scenario, you shed Deng, you get Bynum and he either signs or you have a lot more cap space.

Great deal for Philly. I can't believe the BUlls never got involved. I don't give a s*** if Dwight whined and didn't want to play in Chicago. Go after him, make a move. Or at least get in the deal. Bynum is a stud center in his own right.

Pathetic.

Kyle, etc. Now that this has went down, I can point to a time where I think the Bulls sat around and didn't do what they needed to. Difference between the Bulls and Lakers is the last name of the owner (Buss).

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 11:28 PM)
Gotta love how the Lakers can turn a decent but inferior center to Dwight and a late first into the undisputed best big man in the league and a top-5 player. Philly and Denver did pretty well too, not that it's going to matter since it's at best a 3-team race this year barring catestrophic injuries.

There are only two things keeping me sane right now:

1) If not for David Stern, the Lakers might have Dwight AND Chris Paul right now.

2) As much of an edge the Lakers will have inside with Dwight/Gasol, they'll be at just as huge of a disadvantage defensively on the perimeter against the other two contenders. Nash, Kobe, and whatever other trash they use have no hope of stopping Westbrook/Durant or Lebron/Wade.

Bynum is the 2nd best center in the league. That aspect was fine, it is more the fact that Orlando at the end of the day got a bunch of hot garbage for Dwight.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 10:38 AM)
Great deal for Philly. I can't believe the BUlls never got involved. I don't give a s*** if Dwight whined and didn't want to play in Chicago. Go after him, make a move. Or at least get in the deal. Bynum is a stud center in his own right.

Pathetic.

Kyle, etc. Now that this has went down, I can point to a time where I think the Bulls sat around and didn't do what they needed to. Difference between the Bulls and Lakers is the last name of the owner (Buss).

You can point to the last 14 years Jason, you just wont.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 08:45 AM)
You can point to the last 14 years Jason, you just wont.

Not really. I have no problem what they did the past few years and even in the Hinrich/Ben Gordon era I didn't have any major issues. I understood why things didn't work out. In this case, I have a problem because there is a legitimate gripe.

A lot of the other scenarios are just people whining because they were living in a delusional world and/or completely unrealistic. Should I pout because the White Sox didn't sign Pujols last year, or because they didn't trade for Greinke and/or every other top notch player ever. No, I won't.

But when they were completely inactive on the Howard front, including being a team faciliating the deal, then I have a problem. 2 excellent players were out there which actually filled a need (the prior complaining was irrelevant to me because OJ Mayo wasn't putting the Bulls over the top and no other guy that was really that great that filled a major need was moved) and the Bulls sat on there collective asses (not making an all out effort).

If you make an all-out effort and fail, fine, but make the freaking effort.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 10:39 AM)
Bynum is the 2nd best center in the league. That aspect was fine, it is more the fact that Orlando at the end of the day got a bunch of hot garbage for Dwight.

He was the 2nd best center in the league LAST YEAR, there's a difference. He actually stayed healthy all year and those were career highs in every category. He may or may not be able to replicate that in future seasons.

There's also a HUGE gap between Dwight and Bynum. That's why the Magic keep winning at a 50+ win pace even with a s***ty roster around Dwight and the Lakers have struggled to advance in the post-season the last couple of years even with Kobe and Gasol as well.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 10:48 AM)
Not really. I have no problem what they did the past few years and even in the Hinrich/Ben Gordon era I didn't have any major issues. I understood why things didn't work out. In this case, I have a problem because there is a legitimate gripe.

A lot of the other scenarios are just people whining because they were living in a delusional world and/or completely unrealistic. Should I pout because the White Sox didn't sign Pujols last year, or because they didn't trade for Greinke and/or every other top notch player ever. No, I won't.

But when they were completely inactive on the Howard front, including being a team faciliating the deal, then I have a problem. 2 excellent players were out there which actually filled a need (the prior complaining was irrelevant to me because OJ Mayo wasn't putting the Bulls over the top and no other guy that was really that great that filled a major need was moved) and the Bulls sat on there collective asses (not making an all out effort).

If you make an all-out effort and fail, fine, but make the freaking effort.

No, OJ Mayo wasnt putting them over the top, but he was a really nice player to have on the team. At no point have I demanded the Bulls trade for a top 5 player, but as you say the Bulls have sat on their asses doing nothing, this isnt delusional this is reality. And the reality will be harsh this season.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 12:59 PM)
I sure would love to see Noah and Howard/Bynum clogging the lane so our superstar D Rose can drive into all that traffic.

I'd rather have a Kevin Love next to Noah to stretch the floor.

I'll sit back while your heads explode.

Noah would be gone in either trade. Even if he somehow stayed, they wouldn't clog the lane anymore than Noah and Boozer do now.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 12:59 PM)
I sure would love to see Noah and Howard/Bynum clogging the lane so our superstar D Rose can drive into all that traffic.

I'd rather have a Kevin Love next to Noah to stretch the floor.

I'll sit back while your heads explode.

You get rid of noah if you have Dwight, not too difficult.