2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 01:04 PM)
Noah would be gone in either trade. Even if he somehow stayed, they wouldn't clog the lane anymore than Noah and Boozer do now.

Do Howard or Bynum have a mid range game like Boozer? (no I'm not saying Boozers better than either of them before someone thinks im that stupid)

What happens if we trade Noah and Howard/Bynum don't resign?

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 01:21 PM)
Do Howard or Bynum have a mid range game like Boozer? (no I'm not saying Boozers better than either of them before someone thinks im that stupid)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 01:21 PM)

Boozer isn't exactly Dirk Nowitzki. Anything you lose from the ability to hit maybe 2 mid-range jumpers a game is easily made up on their dunking prowess on pick and rolls, actually finishing if the big slides over to help on Derrick, or their improved finishing in transition. Plus they're guys that actually draw double teams, which would create cutting lanes for Derrick on the kickout. Boozer doesn't create space by drawing multiple defenders, he's just kinda there.

You're kinda screwed if they don't re-sign, but how is that any different if you get Love in a year or two? That's a risk you have to take and the Lakers clearly aren't worried about it. They know he has to give up an extra year and more money if he wants to walk.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 01:31 PM)
Boozer isn't exactly Dirk Nowitzki. Anything you lose from the ability to hit maybe 2 mid-range jumpers a game is easily made up on their dunking prowess on pick and rolls, actually finishing if the big slides over to help on Derrick, or their improved finishing in transition. Plus they're guys that actually draw double teams, which would create cutting lanes for Derrick on the kickout.

You're kinda screwed if they don't re-sign, but how is that any different if you get Love in a year or two? That's a risk you have to take and the Lakers clearly aren't worried about it. They know he has to give up an extra year and more money if he wants to walk.

Loves good friends with Rose, if he comes he's likely to stay IMO.

Boozer makes more mid range shots than he does at the rim.

Dwight would be nice, there's no denying that, but if it means getting rid of Noah+ and Dwight doesn't come back then I'd just rather have Noah+ and not deal with Dwights drama he's sure to have at the end of the season.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 01:43 PM)
Loves good friends with Rose, if he comes he's likely to stay IMO.

Boozer makes more mid range shots than he does at the rim.

Dwight would be nice, there's no denying that, but if it means getting rid of Noah+ and Dwight doesn't come back then I'd just rather have Noah+ and not deal with Dwights drama he's sure to have at the end of the season.

Love may or may not stay, and he's not available right now so it's moot. If you keep waiting for your chances to get studs, you end up losing out while other teams actually do something.

Boozer averaged 3 shots made outside of 9 feet last year, and that was the most he had in a while. He's just not a good enough shooter to create significant space for Rose.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

I think playing into the Lakers hands with howard is he just had back surgery. Is he really gonna turn down a guaranteed extra year to sign elsewhere? I doubt it. Howard is such an awful person, though.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 01:54 PM)
Love may or may not stay, and he's not available right now so it's moot. If you keep waiting for your chances to get studs, you end up losing out while other teams actually do something.

Boozer averaged 3 shots made outside of 9 feet last year, and that was the most he had in a while. He's just not a good enough shooter to create significant space for Rose.

I would trade everything not named Rose to get Love on the Bulls, he's such a great fit for the pick and roll with Rose.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 01:54 PM)

But at the very least Boozer is a threat from mid range.

Love is the much better option.

I'm also excited to see how much working with Kareem will help Noah....I'd really hate to see that progression on another team, esp if D12 walks.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 02:05 PM)
I would trade everything not named Rose to get Love on the Bulls, he's such a great fit for the pick and roll with Rose.

He'd be a great fit offensively, but Dwight is a better player and was just traded. The Bulls might be chasing 5 teams by the time Love is actually available.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
He'd be a great fit offensively, but Dwight is a better player and was just traded. The Bulls might be chasing 5 teams by the time Love is actually available.

Don't worry, there will still be plenty of venom available for the front office when the Bulls fail to land him.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 02:42 PM)

These are the days when I wish Derrick would recruit some of these guys.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 02:42 PM)

Unless we can hold onto Taj in the trade, I'd rather have Love/Noah over Dwight/? A Love/Noah/Rose core would be phenomenal. I don't care if Kirk and Butler are the starting 2/3 with them that combo would be really really good.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 07:53 PM)
Lakers still can't see the Thunder.

We'll see. Lakers are a really bizarre team of personalities to throw together. It's going to be incredibly entertaining if it's spectacularly good or bad. On paper, I"d take the lakers for a year over this years OKC, but it's entirely possible the lakers never mesh/get really bad injuries.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 02:55 PM)
Unless we can hold onto Taj in the trade, I'd rather have Love/Noah over Dwight/? A Love/Noah/Rose core would be phenomenal. I don't care if Kirk and Butler are the starting 2/3 with them that combo would be really really good.

Once again, it's at least 90% certain that Noah would be involved in the trade, higher in Love's case. You have to be able to match salaries, and by the time Minnesota is forced to trade Love, Deng's deal will have expired and Boozer will probably be amnesty'd already. Unless they grossly overpay Taj, Noah would be their only option. Given that Love is a bad defender (while Dwight is a DPOY), that's pretty important.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 02:58 PM)
We'll see. Lakers are a really bizarre team of personalities to throw together. It's going to be incredibly entertaining if it's spectacularly good or bad. On paper, I"d take the lakers for a year over this years OKC, but it's entirely possible the lakers never mesh/get really bad injuries.

I think they're just too damn old, even with Dwight. Kobe - 34, Gasol -32, Nash - 38, MWP - 33, Jamison - 36. Their bench is still below average. They'll be good, of course. But give me the Thunder's young legs and another year's experience over LA.