Why Is Dan Johnson Still at Charlotte?

Lillian

Dayan hasnt even had a full major league season under his belt. He is a notorious slow starter and has had his struggles, but his upside is way to high to just send him down for another year. We've been doing that to him for the past 2 seasons and last year everyone griped because he hit .308 the year before when he was up. Give him a full season because his numbers in the minors are great. Im sure he will turn out to be the player we want him to be. I do not think they should platoon him out in left either because when he is hot you'll wonder why hes not playing everyday and Dan Johnson is AAAA like everyone has been saying, Conor Jackson deserves the call up before him I believe anyways.

Edited by Wagz

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
You really want Johnson to start tonight instead of Axelrod?

:lolhitting

what an odd comparison to make, Marty

Dan Johnson is perhaps more deserving than Eduardo Escobar, but unfortunately doesn't play shortstop or run fast or hit above .200 in the MLB

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 05:00 PM)
Johnson is more deserving of an opportunity than Axelrod. He should replace Hudson at least.

If sports opportunities were about who "deserved" what, the sports landscape would be much different. As it stands, the "undeserving" Axelrod got a shot because we have two SP's on the DL. If we have two 1B's on the DL, Dan Johnson probably WILL get called up.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 04:00 PM)
Johnson is more deserving of an opportunity than Axelrod. He should replace Hudson at least.

lol wut? And deserving has nothing to do with it.

I do agree though that, once Youk is around a week or two and seems healthy, they should just send Hudson away or demote him. And Johnson would be fine for that role. Or Conor Jackson.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
June hasn't been kind to Viciedo (.162/.230/.250). If it weren't for the fact that the Sox are trying to keep his trade value up, he'd be in a platoon by now.

Dude, where do you come up with this stuff. Just because you keep saying something over and over doesn't make it a fact.

Also, I find it laughable that you propose trades that are similar to the ones that you want KW fired for. Pick one side of the fence and stick to it. At least when you wanted to trade Viciedo for young pitching, it didn't conflict with the "all in" strategy that you used to rip KW for and have now decided to endorse.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 04:38 PM)
If sports opportunities were about who "deserved" what, the sports landscape would be much different. As it stands, the "undeserving" Axelrod got a shot because we have two SP's on the DL. If we have two 1B's on the DL, Dan Johnson probably WILL get called up.

Our bench is in as bad a shape as our rotation. Why not give Johnson a chance?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 05:07 PM)
Our bench is in as bad a shape as our rotation. Why not give Johnson a chance?

How is our rotation in that bad of shape? We've got three starters dominating and Floyd looks like he's about to go on a run. If we get Danks back healthy, we're in damn good shape. It may not last, but we only have one guy at the moment who's a significant concern IMO.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 04:52 PM)
Dude, where do you come up with this stuff. Just because you keep saying something over and over doesn't make it a fact.

Also, I find it laughable that you propose trades that are similar to the ones that you want KW fired for. Pick one side of the fence and stick to it. At least when you wanted to trade Viciedo for young pitching, it didn't conflict with the "all in" strategy that you used to rip KW for and have now decided to endorse.

No conflict at all. With or without Viciedo there's not a lot to build around after this year, dude.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 05:14 PM)
How is our rotation in that bad of shape? We've got three starters dominating and Floyd looks like he's about to go on a run. If we get Danks back healthy, we're in damn good shape. It may not last, but we only have one guy at the moment who's a significant concern IMO.

It may not last? I think it won't last, needs bolstering.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 05:15 PM)
No conflict at all. With or without Viciedo there's not a lot to build around after this year, dude.

Earlier this year you kept saying we needed to do everything we could to acquire young pitching or else we'd be screwed for years to come. Now you want to trade one of our most valuable assets for a rental player in an "all-in" move. This is called a flip flop.

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 05:28 PM)
Except Danks hasn't really been good for a long time. And by "good", I mean better than a fourth starter.

lolwut

3.77 ERA, 778 IP in the past 4 seasons

4th starter that is not

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 04:15 PM)

This is ridiculous. We'll have plenty to build around including two top of the rotation starters (One way or another, Peavy will be a Sox next year), a legit leadoff hitter, 3rd and fourth starters named Danks and Floyd (if we choose), an improving second basemen, and several improving arms closer to the majors. But if you want to be all gloomy, so be it.

Marty wants a full rebuild that allows zero time for player development. :chair That'll work.

Anyhow, I think Dan Johnson is irrelevant, as I'm predicting a Thome return as long as we're in it and the Phils aren't at the deadline.

It will cost literally us nothing as the Phils will be happy to help Gentleman Jim out and they're not exactly cultivating him as a trade chip. Where else is he gonna want to go in his final year of ringchasing? Besides, I want to see him and Dunn together.