Troops in Iraq to face Pay Cuts

LowerCaseRepublican

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file.../14/MN94780.DTL

The Pentagon wants to cut the pay of its 148,000 U.S. troops in Iraq, who are already contending with guerrilla-style attacks, homesickness and 120- degree-plus heat.

Unless Congress and President Bush take quick action when Congress returns after Labor Day, the uniformed Americans in Iraq and the 9,000 in Afghanistan will lose a pay increase approved last April of $75 a month in "imminent danger pay" and $150 a month in "family separation allowances."

The Defense Department supports the cuts, saying its budget can't sustain the higher payments amid a host of other priorities. But the proposed cuts have stirred anger among military families and veterans' groups and even prompted an editorial attack in the Army Times, a weekly newspaper for military personnel and their families that is seldom so outspoken.

So, we ship them off to fight...and we can't even pay them to fight in "imminent danger"? I guess we can put a price tag on imminent danger now.

The Pentagon wants to cut the pay of its 148,000 U.S. troops in Iraq, who are already contending with guerrilla-style attacks, homesickness and 120- degree-plus heat.

Unless Congress and President Bush take quick action when Congress returns after Labor Day, the uniformed Americans in Iraq and the 9,000 in Afghanistan will lose a pay increase approved last April of $75 a month in "imminent danger pay" and $150 a month in "family separation allowances."

The Defense Department supports the cuts, saying its budget can't sustain the higher payments amid a host of other priorities. But the proposed cuts have stirred anger among military families and veterans' groups and even prompted an editorial attack in the Army Times, a weekly newspaper for military personnel and their families that is seldom so outspoken.

So, we ship them off to fight...and we can't even pay them to fight in "imminent danger"? I guess we can put a price tag on imminent danger now.

:o :o :o :o :o

You got to be f***in kidding me!!! YOU GOT TO BE f***IN KIDDING ME!!!!!! :puke

Our priorities in this country are so out of whack...Not only do teachers and cops get paid jack...our soldiers who are dying for this country already getting paid jack while living off food stamps are getting a pay cut?!?!?!? What do they think this is??? The latenight night shift at the Wal-Mart?? They all should be getting raises..

Jeez, that's pitiful and morally outrageous.. :fyou

c'mon apu ever have any GOOD news....... or is there ever any <_ ......>

Well, I bet they still get paid more than the Iraqis, dont they get paid in virgins or whatever? :huh:

Well, I bet they still get paid more than the Iraqis, dont they get paid in virgins or whatever? :huh:

virgins or whatever

Or RAISINS if you go by the recent news... :lol:

Our priorities in this country are so out of whack...Not only do teachers and cops get paid jack...our soldiers who are dying for this country already getting paid jack while living off food stamps are getting a pay cut?!?!?!? What do they think this is??? The latenight night shift at the Wal-Mart?? They all should be getting raises..

Post of the year. It has my vote. I couldnt have said it better. ROck on to the greatest people in the USA.......the soldiers, the teachers, firefighters, police officers, teachers, doctors, nurses, paramedics..............hope i didnt forget anyone. :headbang

Post of the year. It has my vote. I couldnt have said it better. ROck on to the greatest people in the USA.......the soldiers, the teachers, firefighters, police officers, teachers, doctors, nurses, paramedics..............hope i didnt forget anyone. :headbang

I like how you put teachers twice! :headbang

When I saw that heather posted in here, i thought some people may have gotten riled up over my post....... luckily no one yet  :rolleyes:

nah i always point out apu's constant negativity. This time, he just happens to be right. :)

There is plenty of good news like Poindexter being forced to resign after having the brilliant idea of making a futures market for terrorism. Or FOX suing Al Franken over "fair and balanced" in the title of his book. Or that the Dead Kennedys have invited Jello Biafra to come for a one time performance to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Dead Kennedys. Or that Larry Flynt may become governor of California :lol: Or that Aznar in Spain is facing polls of 98% of people against the Iraq war.

And always, the Boondocks. :)

bo030813.gif

There is plenty of good news like Poindexter being forced to resign after having the brilliant idea of making a futures market for terrorism. Or FOX suing Al Franken over "fair and balanced" in the title of his book. Or that the Dead Kennedys have invited Jello Biafra to come for a one time performance to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Dead Kennedys. Or that Larry Flynt may become governor of California :lol: Or that Aznar in Spain is facing polls of 98% of people against the Iraq war.

And always, the Boondocks. :)

bo030813.gif

I was in california last week. That is one f***ed up place.....

Well put APU

crawford21.jpg Just remember where our "President" is while this guy is doing his thing 10607.jpg...and getting less pay for it. And remember this too from our "President"...

idiot-dumb.jpg "f*** 'em. My friends need the tax cut."

This is also another thing related to firefighters and police since they have been mentioned before. A couple of months ago, a Republican senator, I believe it was, asked that ALL firefighters and police officers work overtime for free as part of helping America but when the Senator was asked to give up his pay to help America, he refused.

crawford21.jpg  Just remember where our "President" is while this guy is doing his thing 10607.jpg...and getting less pay for it.  And remember this too from our "President"...

idiot-dumb.jpg "f*** 'em.  My friends need the tax cut."

This is also another thing related to firefighters and police since they have been mentioned before.  A couple of months ago, a Republican senator, I believe it was, asked that ALL firefighters and police officers work overtime for free as part of helping America but when the Senator was asked to give up his pay to help America, he refused.

:rolleyes:, get real man.

NOT HAPPENING. OUR MONEY IS SAFE.

NOT HAPPENING. OUR MONEY IS SAFE.

Hell ya, Nuke. Put this ta rest. :cheers :headbang