6/27/2012 GT: Sox vs Twinks

Jake

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
Pettitte out for a minimum of six weeks.

Fractured left ankle, will wear a boot, no surgery.

Changes the trade market dramatically.

Not to mention the AL East with the Yankees minus Pettitte and CC>

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 03:43 AM)
We are not in a position to be helping the Yankees out unless we're in a mood to white flag it.

Now that they've lost both Pettitte and Captain cheeseburger for a while, they're going to suddenly be catchable both in the East and in the WC.

Sabathia out two weeks...maybe no later than right after the All-Star break.

QUOTE (thomas_35 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 02:42 PM)
but really, what would we want from the Yankees? last year everyone was calling for Montero in any trade with the Yanks, and he seems to be a year or two away still...

what else do they have to offer us in a trade? (of course, if striking a deal with them is what you were suggesting in your post.) ;)

KW has a penchant for picking up pitchers after down years, and their top prospects are having exactly that.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 01:44 PM)
Ohman really brings nothing to he table any longer. Winning 10-2 and walks the first batter. 6 home runs allowed in 25 innings. Oddly his WHIP is pretty good.

i don't think it's anything to worry about. his job was to throw strikes with this lead. sh*t happens, opposing teams hit HRs.

the WIN is what matters, along with winning the series.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
Pettitte out for a minimum of six weeks.

Fractured left ankle, will wear a boot, no surgery.

Changes the trade market dramatically.

Theo just got a semi. Yankees have to like Garza's experience in that AL East gauntlet

LOL at O-Dog at .199 for the season.

His White Sox BA coming into today was .171, about 40 points lower than the average that got him waived by the Padres.

He did at least win that one game for us, though. But Fathom counted 3 defensive losses, so still not a net positive...I guess you can say he held down the fort before reinforcements arrived.

Yankees adding an insurance run. 5-3. Greg's idol Wise at 2B as the pinch-runner, had a two run homer as well the other day. Chris Stewart also doing mucho damage in the series.

Would be 5 losses in a row for CLE. 1-2 against Astros, just like us. Going on a huge road trip to face the Orioles, who suddenly have the best bullpen in the American League to got with a very solid offense and capable starting pitching.

AL East standings have swung 9 1/2 games in the Yankees' favor the last month.

AA's defense sucks in TOR. Kind of a key element of putting together a winning ballclub. That and keeping your pitchers healthy.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (thomas_35 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 01:46 PM)
i don't think it's anything to worry about. his job was to throw strikes with this lead. sh*t happens, opposing teams hit HRs.

the WIN is what matters, along with winning the series.

The Voice of Reason. :notworthy No big deal.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 01:30 PM)
Meanwhile, ever so quietly, Greg's Royals are looming only 5 games out of first still and beating the Rays again.

I know most people won't take them seriously until they're at least .500, however.

Not me, I actually like the Royals, have from the start. I believe that other than that horrible streak at the beginning of the year they have a better record than anyone one else in this division. I think that even with their current pitching staff they could wind up in second place (behind the beloved of course) in the division. If they can somehow land some pitching by the deadline thay have as good a shot as anybody.

Greg may be a nut job, but I do agree with him on this.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 01:51 PM)
Or John Danks, Gavin Floyd, Phil Humber, Jose Contreras, Esteban Loaiza...

i'll give you Contreras, and i'll throw in El Duque.

BUT...

Danks was part of the TEX deal.

Floyd came from Philly.

Humber was drafted by the Mets.

Loaiza was with the Jays when we got him.