SOX WIN! SOX WIN!

Steve9347

Paused the game at the precise right moment to snap this picture.

He should not be allowed on the bus. Anyone could do better.

Oh_man.JPG

EDIT: even funnier that it uploaded up side down for some reason haha

Edited by Cali

Also, good to finally win a laugher after the last month or so. Especially against an AWFUL Twins team. I mean honestly, they never had what you'd call "great" players in the early 00's division run, but the philosophy was what made them winners. I don't think the philosophy has changed, and the players are just as mediocre so what's the difference? Target Field?

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 03:07 PM)
Also, good to finally win a laugher after the last month or so. Especially against an AWFUL Twins team. I mean honestly, they never had what you'd call "great" players in the early 00's division run, but the philosophy was what made them winners. I don't think the philosophy has changed, and the players are just as mediocre so what's the difference? Target Field?

It was pretty much a tsunami of everything going wrong at once.

Morneau's concussion. Mauers injury problems and power outage. Liriano never recovered from TJ. Having to let Nathan walk away after TJ. Losing most of their pen to FA. The new ballpark plays nothing like the organization they built. The rookies that used to step in and destroy people have been awful.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 01:10 PM)
It was pretty much a tsunami of everything going wrong at once.

Morneau's concussion. Mauers injury problems and power outage. Liriano never recovered from TJ. Having to let Nathan walk away after TJ. Losing most of their pen to FA. The new ballpark plays nothing like the organization they built. The rookies that used to step in and destroy people have been awful.

I'm even thinking about the '02-'04 Twins before you had M & M playing full seasons. They found ways to win with really mediocre teams.

QUOTE (thomas_35 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 02:10 PM)
i think playing outdoors is a HUGE part of it. as cold as it is here in April, i'm sure it's worse up in MIN.

bats don't like cold weather.

Does anyone know how Youkilis generally does against the Yankees? Was he known as a Yankee Killer for the Red Sox?

Edited by balfanman

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 04:12 AM)
I'm even thinking about the '02-'04 Twins before you had M & M playing full seasons. They found ways to win with really mediocre teams.

They had amazing infield defense, though. Great back of the bullpen, first Hawkins/Romero/Guardado, later Rincon/Reyes/Nathan, etc.

Hunter was a VERY VERY good player, if not a superstar.

But having both Mauer and Morneau crumble from MVP form has killed that team. The Hardy/Hoey trade was awful, and they haven't fixed SS since then. Having to let Kubel and Cuddyer go in order to keep the M&M boys has hurt as well.

Revere and Span are good complementary players, but not players to build around. Just not enough power. They're lucky they made a great pick-up in Willingham or they'd be in even more trouble as an organization.

Casilla and Niskioka were disasters in the middle infield.

Blackburn regressed, Baker levelled off and Slowey self-immolated.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 04:14 AM)
Back then the pitching was incredible, and pen was lights out.

One name, Brad Radke, enough said.

And Santana. The name would strike fear into the hearts of Sox fans around the world when they saw the pitching match-up.