Jake

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 12:04 PM)
WGN tonight. See you all behind the big screen.

Plus screw pizza. You need some MT buffalo T-bone steaks

That sounds pretty good. Do you put a little horseradish with it?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 12:45 PM)
Things that should never be on a pizza for a thousand, Alex. I'd rather eat NY pizza for the rest of my existence then eat crap like pineapples on a pizza. Chicago and New York are kind of cousins when it comes to pizza. Same idea, different look. California pizza is like the crazy uncle who yells at pigeons.

And a hot dog should never have ketchup on it, blah blah blah. In no way am I saying that the California pizza is better, but a little variety never hurt anyone.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 01:01 PM)
So do people with the strong Chicago-pizza beliefs go to a place like Piece on North Avenue and pretend it's bad?

Nope, I go to a place like Lou Malnati's and KNOW it's good.

PS... :gosox1:

Edited by CanOfCorn

I'll have to go back and forth between the game and the NBA draft.

I had to skip class today because of this stuff. There's no way I can sit in class for hours knowing that I'd be missing the draft and the Sox/Yanks game

piece is among the most overrated establishments in the entire city. Best pizza i had there i'd classify as slightly above average, but people act like its the most unreal place theyve ever eaten. Ive had some truly awful pizzas from there (something with mashed potatoes and broccoli - tasted so bad im shocked anyone would serve it), most are decent, nothing more though. Want to get some recognition for your restaurant? open it up in hipster central wicker park with a clever nickname and a peace sign as your logo and serve your own beer - the food barely matters at that point

btw in general both new york and chicago pizza are awesome

go sox

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
piece is among the most overrated establishments in the entire city. Best pizza i had there i'd classify as slightly above average, but people act like its the most unreal place theyve ever eaten. Ive had some truly awful pizzas from there (something with mashed potatoes and broccoli - tasted so bad im shocked anyone would serve it), most are decent, nothing more though. Want to get some recognition for your restaurant? open it up in hipster central wicker park with a clever nickname and a peace sign as your logo and serve your own beer - the food barely matters at that point

btw in general both new york and chicago pizza are awesome

go sox

Well said, Piece is so incredibly overrated it's not even funny. I despise when people confuse trendy with good.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 04:12 PM)
Do not remember Stewart having a good arm in a Sox uni.

He was in the Sox uniform? I don't remember him ever being on the big club...

How is this Yankees team playing as well as they are? Even today they got Chris Stewart, Eric Chavez, Raul ibanez, and nick swisher in the same lineup. I know some of those guys are having decent years but really? Rivera out for the year, their starting staff isnt overly impressive. I don't get it