Jake

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 08:55 PM)
I'd really like to see them give Danks some of his ABs against righties until he shows signs of snapping out of this terrible June slump

Frankly, no. His job ought to be to play out of it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 05:55 PM)
Beckham with no hits in 3 games after the lineup change was very predictable, despite Youkilis being the right choice to hit 2nd.

I'm not going to make excuses for Gordon. Guy needs to learn consistency. Every time he gets a little hot people think "he's arrived." I believe it will come, eventually, but like the yankee announcers said, he only played like 50 games in the minors and has had to learn how to play in the bigs. Not easy to do.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 12:55 AM)
Frankly, no. His job ought to be to play out of it.

When you have so many others struggling, I disagree. If this way a month ago when half the team was on fire, then by all means, let him hit out of it. I'm not suggesting a platoon, but maybe 2 starts a week for Danks.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 07:55 PM)
Beckham with no hits in 3 games after the lineup change was very predictable, despite Youkilis being the right choice to hit 2nd.

Yep - he's such a headcase, and our staff should know that. He's been feeling for the ball all week, taking that weak, sweeping swing that he takes when he sucks a lot.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 12:58 AM)
Yep - he's such a headcase, and our staff should know that. He's been feeling for the ball all week, taking that weak, sweeping swing that he takes when he sucks a lot.

Yep, needs to go back to trying to pull the ball.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 07:02 PM)
Yep, needs to go back to trying to pull the ball.

Trying to pull the ball is the reason he was in a 2 year slump. The good Gordon goes the other way and does so frequently

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 01:03 AM)
Trying to pull the ball is the reason he was in a 2 year slump. The good Gordon goes the other way and does so frequently

Not the way he's currently swinging, where he's not getting his arms extended and guiding the ball to right. He's barely hit any balls to left field of late. When he went on the tear a month ago, he was driving the ball to left.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 07:04 PM)
Not the way he's currently swinging, where he's not getting his arms extended and guiding the ball to right. He's barely hit any balls to left field of late. When he went on the tear a month ago, he was driving the ball to left.

He only needs to pull when the count/pitch favors it, which is what he was doing when he got hot. Right now his pitch recognition is for s***, which is why his swings don't look good