HEYYY YANKEEEES............ SOX WIN! SOX WIN!

Steve9347

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 09:42 PM)
He would have calmed down the serpent since they are both latin.

Exactly. His leadership and calm demeanor would've led the Sox to victory. His pep talk after NYY's first inning would have rivaled Al Pacino's in Any Given Sunday, in my opinion (and greg's).

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 02:40 AM)
"With Ozzie, the Sox win that game 16-4." -- greg right now, probably.

Somehow I'm not regarded as a Sox fan anymore just because I like Ozzie. Weird. We win big and it's like I got shown up some how. I don't know how to change this perception since nobody on here will have my back since I guess I'm universally hated.

That said ... great win.

I figured seeing the run totals that one of my favorite Sox, DeAza had a big game. Surprised to check the box score and see one for six, but I'll take it.

Wow on Alexei, AJ, Paulie, Rios, et. all.

Sox look like a good team this year; still a bit dysfunctional (OK I'll change the word to inconsistent like somebody said) but a good team.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 03:51 AM)
Somehow I'm not regarded as a Sox fan anymore just because I like Ozzie. Weird. We win big and it's like I got shown up some how. I don't know how to change this perception since nobody on here will have my back since I guess I'm universally hated.

That said ... great win.

I figured seeing the run totals that one of my favorite Sox, DeAza had a big game. Surprised to check the box score and see one for six, but I'll take it.

Sox look like a good team this year; still a bit dysfunctional (OK I'll change the word to inconsistent like somebody said) but a good team.

Hate is a strong word. I like Ozzie Guillen too. I like Robin Ventura too. Does that make me or you or anyone else bad?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 08:51 PM)

That said ... great win.

Greg, you are not universally hated...but you do realize if you continue to fight an impossible crusade for Ozzie, meanwhile having a very cynical attitude about the current team, you certainly aren't going to be particularly admired.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 07:51 PM)

That said ... great win.

Greg I don't hate you and I'm sure others don't too. There's no reason for other posters to bring up Ozzie constantly, especially after a big win like this. The need to talk about Ozzie confuses me when so many players had good nights and we have our biggest division lead of the year. :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 10:29 PM)
If Crain goes on the DL yet another rookie will be called up. I hope KW is looking for relief help.

I really don't think we need relief help from outside the organization. We still have several guys in AAA that could provide just as much for nothing.

I really don't think we need relief help from outside the organization. We still have several guys in AAA that could provide just as much for nothing.

We're DEEP in solid relief guys. All many of them need is a chance.

Any resource spent on acquiring middle-tier relievers from outside the organization is a resource wasted.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 12:43 AM)
Had to stop watching at 6-6, and then returned to see 14-7 final! What was Septimo's velocity like? Awesome to see Alexei and Beckham with a big game.

His fastball clocked in consistently at 95 mph, and his breaking ball at 82 mph

Well I predicted before the game began that we'd win 14-0. Wasn't quite 14-0 but at least I was right on our final score. WE OWN THE YANKEES, LETS GO FOR DA SWEEP!

Quintana got rocked but what I love about this kid is his demeanor. He never gets shook, he never gets flustered.

Nice to see Paulie wake from his long slumber and get some big hits.

If we can beat the Yanks, and hopefully we can beat up on the Rangers...we can beat anybody. Huge confidence building wins here for us.

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
We're DEEP in solid relief guys. All many of them need is a chance.

Any resource spent on acquiring middle-tier relievers from outside the organization is a resource wasted.

I don't know how you can say we're deep. Bruney , Omogrosso and Septimo have yet to prove anything at the Major League level. Any pitching staff with 6 or 7 rookies is asking for trouble. I'm really never pessimistic and I love the arms we have but we are definitely not deep.