HEYYY YANKEEEES............ SOX WIN! SOX WIN!

Steve9347

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 12:38 AM)
Whats the big deal about rookies? I don't care if they're rookies or veterans, I just want good pitchers. Look at Ohman, he was a veteran and he sucked. Look at Thornton, he's a veteran and he got rocked.

I can't speak for the others, but the whole offseason was spent talking about how the Sox had no good prospects in their system and that they are the worst in MLB. And yet the first place roster is stacked with Sox prospects.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
Whats the big deal about rookies? I don't care if they're rookies or veterans, I just want good pitchers. Look at Ohman, he was a veteran and he sucked. Look at Thornton, he's a veteran and he got rocked.

Rookies have not faced the caliber of hitters that exist in the major leagues. There is a huge difference between minor league and major league hitters. You can be a stud at one level and never make it to the next. Great high school players falter in college , great college players falter at the lowest level of the minors. Good Mid level prospects might not ever make the jump to the high minors. Even the best high minors players can't make the leap to play in the majors. Having so many learning on the job so to speak is a dangerous situation.

Lets cross our fingers and hope that Crain can come back soon. One silver lining to all the pitching injuries to Danks,Crain,Humber ect...is that if they come back healthy, they could be stronger in September than normal with so few innings.

Septimo looked good, in a non-pressure situation. Live arm,decent control. Can he do it in a one run game late? We will see,but hope so.

I like how Matt Thornton has looked his last two outings. Tonite his breaking ball was sharp. If Gordo catches that popup he has a clean inning. Great sign for Matt.

Love that Reed,and the rest got the nite off. Need them tomorrow and Sunday,then a day off.

QUOTE (Hawk09 @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 02:03 AM)
Lets cross our fingers and hope that Crain can come back soon. One silver lining to all the pitching injuries to Danks,Crain,Humber ect...is that if they come back healthy, they could be stronger in September than normal with so few innings.

Septimo looked good, in a non-pressure situation. Live arm,decent control. Can he do it in a one run game late? We will see,but hope so.

I like how Matt Thornton has looked his last two outings. Tonite his breaking ball was sharp. If Gordo catches that popup he has a clean inning. Great sign for Matt.

Love that Reed,and the rest got the nite off. Need them tomorrow and Sunday,then a day off.

The score may have made it a nonpressure situation in some respects, but making your major league debut, in Yankee Stadium, facing if I remember correctly ARod, Tex and Cano? That's pressure.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 01:36 AM)
I don't know how you can say we're deep. Bruney , Omogrosso and Septimo have yet to prove anything at the Major League level. Any pitching staff with 6 or 7 rookies is asking for trouble. I'm really never pessimistic and I love the arms we have but we are definitely not deep.

I get that having 5 rookies in your bullpen at 1 time isn't exactly ideal...but when we're talking depth out there...the guys we're bringing up to fill those slots are throwing 94+. Even if they're rookies getting by on stuff, that kind of velocity out of your 7th and 8th guys in the bullpen = depth.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 03:14 AM)
The score may have made it a nonpressure situation in some respects, but making your major league debut, in Yankee Stadium, facing if I remember correctly ARod, Tex and Cano? That's pressure.

And in a situation like that, they weren't looking to make contact. They were looking to get theirs.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 11:50 PM)
His fastball clocked in consistently at 95 mph, and his breaking ball at 82 mph

It looks like Cooper had already worked with the kid for years. Gone was the 98-99, and there was less jerky movements, but he was around the plate. His misses were just off of it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 07:43 AM)
I get that having 5 rookies in your bullpen at 1 time isn't exactly ideal...but when we're talking depth out there...the guys we're bringing up to fill those slots are throwing 94+. Even if they're rookies getting by on stuff, that kind of velocity out of your 7th and 8th guys in the bullpen = depth.

Throwing strikes and getting guys out equals depth. We have yet to see if these guys can do that.