A good manager...

Manuel is s***. Most of the posters here know it. The MLB players know it (SI poll ranked JM third worst among players in MLB). I even think, dare I say it, KW knows it.

JR, however, is not going to fire this jerkoff since he'd have to pay him the remainder of this season and for all of next season.

we have a good manager

I know everyone here disagrees with me

but I don't go by majority opinion, but by what I see

so bash me if you must while you bash JM

but I am fine with JM

Well when Jason takes over the Sox in a bloody coup...things will change... :lol:

One of the best jobs of managing I have seen was about 5 years ago when Bobby Cox of the Braves saw young Andru Jones dog it on two plays in the same game, and Cox took Jones out right after the second incident. He jerked him out of the outfield right in the middle of the inning, not caring if he was embarassed.

When Jose was dogging it on the bases, he should have done the same thing. Let him go out to short for one pitch and remove him. You do it as much for the offending player as you do for the rest of the team.

Best at over-managing. He is great at playing the matchups, I don't think that's the only thing that makes you a great manager. I don't think JM ever shows faith in his guys and in turn, the players don't trust Manuel. They are afraid to have one 0-4 tonight for fear of being benched or pinch-hit for the next night.

He is great at playing the matchups, I don't think that's the only thing that makes you a great manager.

If that's what makes you a great manager, any of us can do what JM is doing. Just give us lifetime stat sheets and always go with the righty/lefty-lefty/righty and..... WHA-LA..... you're a manager just like JM is. His over reliance on stats and averages bothers the hell out of me.

Why in gods name would you ever let Jon Adkins start the 8th?! It's a three run lead and you don't put a rookie back into a pressure situation.

Than he walks Rodriguez to face Palmeiro who hits lefties hard.

What a dumass.

Manuel is pathetic.

CWSOX45

we have a good manager

I know everyone here disagrees with me

but I don't go by majority opinion, but by what I see

so bash me if you must while you bash JM

but I am fine with JM

Seriously, what makes you think that he's a good manager, he's absolutly terrible at managing a pen, he constantly tinkers with the lineup, he refuses to put frank at first base, and I guarantee you a good manager would never let a team go into tampa, detroit, and cleveland and absolutly get killed, a good manager would not let your team have a let down like that.

I guarantee you a good manager would never let a team go into tampa, detroit, and cleveland and absolutly get killed, a good manager would not let your team have a let down like that.

absolutely true

no team in human history other than the sox has ever lost a game in those three places

in fact, all teams in the American and National leagues are undefeated except us