6/30/12 GT: Sox at Yank$

Jake

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 07:49 PM)
Agreed. This one's not even over yet, as the Yankee pen has been awful this series.

Yeah, it's really hard to be upset right now. A miracle victory on Thursday followed by a win yesterday that, if CC is healthy, is probably a guaranteed loss. Things are pretty damn good for the Sox right now.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 11:50 AM)
Things are pretty damn good for the Sox right now.

I'm encouraged by Humber's quick recovery. If he can get/stay healthy and start throwing like he was, that's going to be a huge lift. We're going to take our lumps with so many rooks on the roster, but it's fun to watch.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 01:50 PM)
How do the Sox usually do in day games, whats their record? I know the Bulls tend to do horrible in them. Maybe its one of those things where we just don't play well during the day

Joint best in the majors this season according to YES.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 12:50 PM)
How do the Sox usually do in day games, whats their record? I know the Bulls tend to do horrible in them. Maybe its one of those things where we just don't play well during the day

Or they had a good time in NYC last night after a dominating win against a great team.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 06:53 PM)
I'm encouraged by Humber's quick recovery. If he can get/stay healthy and start throwing like he was, that's going to be a huge lift. We're going to take our lumps with so many rooks on the roster, but it's fun to watch.

For some reason, I have a feeling (purely a guess) that KW is going to trade for a Padres reliever like Gregerson or Street.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 01:02 PM)
I know no one will like hearing it, but this has been one heckuva pitching job by Kuroda. No one has made solid contact against him.

His stuff has been awesome today and his command has been even better.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 03:03 PM)
His stuff has been awesome today and his command has been even better.

The strike zone has helped some, but he has taken full advantage of it and that curve that snaps off of the outside corner to the righties, like what Alexei just struck out on, has been absolutely dynamite.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 07:02 PM)
I know no one will like hearing it, but this has been one heckuva pitching job by Kuroda. No one has made solid contact against him.

Yeah, he didn't have much in the first inning, but since then, he's made no mistakes with his fastball at all. The mistakes he made were with his slider.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 03:03 PM)
It's a good, deceptive pitch. That's the only way to explain it

Viciedo was geared up expecting a fastball, got a pitch that looked like a fastball down the middle, and was out in front on both of them.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 07:03 PM)
It's a good, deceptive pitch. That's the only way to explain it

No, those hangers aren't, Viciedo just hasn't timed it. He's thrown enough good sliders today to illustrate the difference between what it should look like and when he hangs it.