6/30/12 GT: Sox at Yank$

Jake

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I don't understand why people ridicule Wise.

He contributed to our team in the past and people still go after him. He has proven that he can still contribute for teams now.

He's putting much better swings on the ball than anyone on our offense.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 01:07 PM)

He contributed to our team in the past and people still go after him. He has proven that he can still contribute for teams now.

He's a fifth outfielder and that's just fine for him.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 08:07 PM)

He is what he is. A fine major league sub. A lot of people would kill to play in the big leagues, play a kid's game and earn that kind of pension for life. Congrats, Mr. Wise.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 08:06 PM)
We've been shut out a lot this year. I'm sure all those times we were facing good pitchers too, but at some point we have to be able to hit good pitchers right? We can't keep getting punked...

Can't win every game. Two out of four in New York will be a fine series.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 01:03 PM)
It's a good, deceptive pitch. That's the only way to explain it

Honestly, I don't think our hitters (fielders too) are seeing the ball at all in the daylight today. Missing a lot of hittable pitches, IMO. Hopefully, they are ready for it tomorrow.

I expected a split, I just thought the two wins would be sandwiched in the middle, not at the start.

A split in the Bronx is really a winning series for a team in the Central.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 08:12 PM)
Goodness he sucks. Not a good combination when you swing and miss a lot, and you have a false sense of what the strike zone is.

The guy never plays. Maybe he'd be more value in the minors continue to develop. You don't need a very good backup when the guy only plays once a week. We got anybody in the minors who can catch a game a week?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 07:15 PM)
I don't know and doubt Flowers would be a plus offensive player if he played every day, but these swing and miss guys seem to have an even bigger problem when they don't play much.

Which makes him a bad choice as a back-up catcher. You and I have been saying for a while now that AJP will be sorely missed if some people get their wish and have Flowers be the starting catcher next year.