6/30/12 GT: Sox at Yank$

Jake

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 08:34 PM)
Yea they certainly won't pick up the option but they restructure it with some sort of extension

Why would Peavy agree to any restructuring? If Sox won't pay the option then he'll go to the highest bidder like all baseball players do.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 08:37 PM)
8 times shut out this year. Mercy. The Sox offense really is all or nothing these days.

The only starting pitchers that the Sox have hit well, since returning from the Dodgers series, have been some of the worst starters in baseball:

- Randy Wells

- Randy Wolf

- Nick Blackburn

- Adam Warren

The offense needs to start picking it up against solid starting pitchers, and getting some early runs would really help. As I noted earlier, 14 straight games with no runs in the first for the offense.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 02:38 PM)
Why would Peavy agree to any restructuring? If Sox won't pay the option then he'll go to the highest bidder like all baseball players do.

Most likely, although the Sox have to pay him at least $4 million more no matter what. They may be able to work something out assuming he makes it through the season unscathed.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 01:31 PM)
Who is saying that? The Sox have scored 0 for Peavy. Again. He pitched well enough to win. He has been getting zero support. Are you saying he gave up 4 runs so he should lose?

More or less. You're not going to have a good winning percentage when you give up 4 runs as a starter, plain and simple. Add that to having Kuroda on the mound and only seeing their good bullpen guys, our chances of winning aren't too good. I'd love for some runs but it was not going to be likely with the matchup today. 3-4 runs would have been great.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 01:31 PM)
First place with the Sox going 9-7 in Peavy's starts. I'll take it. The key to the second half is health. If Peavy and Sale make all of their starts, and Danks can give 10 healthy starts, the Sox should win 90 games and go to the playoffs.

Yeah, I think we'll see an evening out take place and everyone can quit pretending that there is some reason other than coincidence that we don't score when Peavy pitches.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 01:35 PM)
PK must have thought it was a 1 run game. That's his third game-ending double play this month.

My thoughts as well

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 02:42 PM)
Anyone know the modern record for CG losses in a season? Jake has 3 this season now...

I know Mickey Lolich lost 7 complete games in a row in 1975 and Rick Langford lost 6 complete games in a row in 1980.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 02:41 PM)
Oh, so you could see the ball in front of the pole on the replay? I'll have to check it out later on MLB.TV if I remember.

I looked. You could see the ball pass in front of the pole.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 09:27 PM)
Indians score 1 in the 1st inning. Could have been worse. Strand 3.

Run scored cause Lopez hit a weak grounder that hit 3rd base and bounced away. Next week, Indians gets Angels and Tampa while Tigers get Twins and Royals.

Edited by fathom

I watched the game today on MLB network and our offensive effort darn near put me to sleep. We were completely dominated by this Koroda character. Jake gave up 3 solo homers. Oh well, there is always tomorrow. I will be weatching that on WGN. I see it is also on TBS

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 08:40 PM)
Most likely, although the Sox have to pay him at least $4 million more no matter what. They may be able to work something out assuming he makes it through the season unscathed.

I think he stays with the Sox. Jake is a loyal kind of guy and knows he hasn't earned all the money we paid him. He will sign a deal both sides can live with

Edited by elrockinMT

Starting Dana Eveland didn't exactly work out for the Orioles vs the Indians. 9 base runners allowed in 3.2 innings. Indians up 5-1

Update: 8-4 in the 5th, as some terrible pitching taking place

Edited by fathom

I would have felt bad for Jake today had he not given up 3 bombs... and those 2 extra base hits to Dwayne Wise...

11 Ks are nice, but it doesn't really matter when you give up 3 home runs.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 04:26 PM)
I would have felt bad for Jake today had he not given up 3 bombs... and those 2 extra base hits to Dwayne Wise...

11 Ks are nice, but it doesn't really matter when you give up 3 home runs.

Yeah but they need to pick him up a few times like they did Quintana yesterday. So they couldn't get it done against the Cardinals or Cubs...but come on...sooner or later you have to give the guy some run support, whether he pitches well or not.