6/30/12 GT: Sox at Yank$

Jake

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 03:27 PM)
Good luck to any team willing to give him more than a one or two year deal with his health history.

Got to pass on Jake if you are a GM unless he'll go one or two years at six mill a year.

A pitcher with the pedigree of Jake can easily get a 8 figure yearly salary anywhere

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
I think you'll be shocked at how much Peavy gets this offseason. If Dodgers don't get Hamels, I expect them to offer Peavy something like 3/45.

Baseball is a crazy game, then.

One great season gives a guy with history of health problems that kind of money.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 02:27 PM)
I just want to clarify here that we should win all games in which our starter surrenders 4 runs. Is that correct? I don't like getting shut out but losing 4-3 or 4-0 is a loss all the same

Who is saying that? The Sox have scored 0 for Peavy. Again. He pitched well enough to win. He has been getting zero support. Are you saying he gave up 4 runs so he should lose?

First place with the Sox going 9-7 in Peavy's starts. I'll take it. The key to the second half is health. If Peavy and Sale make all of their starts, and Danks can give 10 healthy starts, the Sox should win 90 games and go to the playoffs.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)
You got one of them fancy TV rewind things? Because I do not, and I am very surprised they didn't review that.

Went back and looked after your post, and it pretty clearly disappears behind the pole

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 08:31 PM)
Who is saying that? The Sox have scored 0 for Peavy. Again. He pitched well enough to win. He has been getting zero support. Are you saying he gave up 4 runs so he should lose?

I think he's doing what I usually do, throwing a fit that we're losing. Jake pitched a very good game and deserved to be in this game, I think most would agree. Doing this on the road, I feel he deserves to win the game or a no decision.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 08:33 PM)
And everything that people said would occur has. Struggled last year to build up his arm strength, and he's been great this year.

Should be interesting to see who signs him.

Boston or New York.