Gamethread: Sox vs Yanks 7/1/12

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 09:35 AM)
Sox lineup:

De Aza CF

Youkilis 3B

Dunn DH

Konerko 1B

Rios RF

Pierzynski C

Viciedo LF

Ramirez SS

Beckham 2B

The "A" team, to complete a successful road trip.

Feel good about today. We win in a blowout.

Hughes's record vs the Sox is daunting. 2-0, 19 innings,with only 1 earned run given up?

The Sox have never hit this guy for some reason. I guess he is good. Time to break this insanely bad roll vs Hughes!

Both Kuroda and Hughes have been very good in their last 7 starts,after horrible starts to their seasons. Bad luck to catch them now.

Gavin has to be razor sharp vs those 7 leftys in the Yank lineup as that short porch beckons.

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 11:23 AM)
:gosox4:

Random thought: Can we PLEASE bring back the "diamond sock" on the road jerseys. Nobody actually likes the change, do they?

I've seen a couple people complain about this. It doesn't bother me one way or the other, but why not compromise and put a patch on each sleeve?

QUOTE (That funky motion @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 12:23 PM)
That pic of Eddie, makes me feel old.

Keep in mind Eddie was looking a little bit older than his years. He had the Mickey Rourke facial surgery, put on a little weight, got ahold of Ronnie Woo Woo's dentist, and looks much better these days.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 12:28 PM)
Gavin Floyd is now on one of my fantasy teams. I hope that doesn't screw anything up.

It looks like he's at the beginning of his annual 6 week role. Its a good time to pick him up. Don't forget to dump him when the time is right.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)
It looks like he's at the beginning of his annual 6 week role. Its a good time to pick him up. Don't forget to dump him when the time is right.

I should have learned that the first time around. I caught like maybe 3 good starts, then he started giving me a ton of negative value starts...

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)
Keep in mind Eddie was looking a little bit older than his years. He had the Mickey Rourke facial surgery, put on a little weight, got ahold of Ronnie Woo Woo's dentist, and looks much better these days.

I think the tongue cancer is what aged him the most.