Gamethread: Sox vs Yanks 7/1/12

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 03:23 PM)
Yes, his 11 walks are a real indicator of how selective he has become.

Keep in mind no one is saying we should guillotine him. We're saying trade him.

Carlos Lee walked 13 times in about 500 plate appearances as a 23 year old.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 04:26 PM)
You guys can keep making up horses*** about how he is showing such a vast improvement...honestly, I hope you're right...but the result is the same week after week after week after week....

Except for that enormous hot streak, where the result was the exact opposite for about 4 weeks but we're allowed to forget that.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 03:26 PM)
You guys can keep making up horses*** about how he is showing such a vast improvement...honestly, I hope you're right...but the result is the same week after week after week after week....

It doesn't happen as quickly as we all want it to, but it does happen.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 03:26 PM)
Who the f*** cares

Same results week after week. Didn't show any tendency towards improving. He's 23 but so the f*** what, what does that have anything to do with it?

Sorry to be showing you examples of guys who weren't worldbeaters as 23 year olds who became good players. Another you might want to look at is Sammy Sosa, who improved before he started juicing.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 02:27 PM)
Except for that enormous hot streak, where the result was the exact opposite for about 4 weeks but we're allowed to forget that.

The hot streaks are great...where am I saying he's a terrible player?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 04:27 PM)
It doesn't happen as quickly as we all want it to, but it does happen.

This is exactly what I said would happen going in to this season, except for the hot streak. Viciedo would struggle more than we'd want, but we have to stick with him, because we're not going to get anything near his value back in a trade, and what he can bring to a lineup if you really develop him is enormous.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 02:29 PM)
This is exactly what I said would happen going in to this season, except for the hot streak. Viciedo would struggle more than we'd want, but we have to stick with him, because we're not going to get anything near his value back in a trade, and what he can bring to a lineup if you really develop him is enormous.

And why can we not get anything back in trade?

Why?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)
And why can we not get anything back in trade?

Why?

Because the result is the same week after week. He's the same player he was 2 years ago, all he does is swings as hard as he f***ing can.......You're saying he's not worth all that much but expect a big return. Talk about nonsense.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 02:29 PM)
Same results week after week. Didn't show any tendency towards improving. He's 23 but so the f*** what, what does that have anything to do with it?

Sorry to be showing you examples of guys who weren't worldbeaters as 23 year olds who became good players. Another you might want to look at is Sammy Sosa, who improved before he started juicing.

Again, I'm not saying Dayan isn't going to improve or be a solid player.

I'm saying he's not going to ever fulfill the expectations you guys have for him.

It's a big distinction that many of you seem too stubborn to accept.

What a lame offense this is. Tired of it.

And someone is going to tell me that the opposing pitcher was great. And I'm going to say how we can't beat good pitchers and how that is a problem.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 03:33 PM)
Again, I'm not saying Dayan isn't going to improve or be a solid player.

I'm saying he's not going to ever fulfill the expectations you guys have for him.

It's a big distinction that many of you seem too stubborn to accept.

Then wouldn't other teams feel the same way and negotiate accordingly?