Gamethread: Sox vs Yanks 7/1/12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 02:44 PM)
So you're actually going to tell me that Viciedo won't ever improve or learn the strike zone and you want him replaced by a guy who has struck out 365 times in 1271 PA's at AAA?

At no point have I said anything close to that.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that we haven't always treated him the best, but he absolutely should have been a full-time regular in the MLB in LF this year. Going from RF to LF should not truly constitute a "position change" in the sense that you should expect him to do worse on offense. A lot of players have no problems with hitting regardless of their defensive role, period. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for some of these past position changes, but this year it was just early in the season and he was getting a harsher look from advance scouts, etc.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)
It's not a personal insult. He's just your latest "defend at all costs" player now that Morel is injured.

You disregard all your intelligence and logic to defend sone of these guys, for what reason, I don't know.

Frankly I think it's more insulting to me that I feel obliged to respond to this horses***.

You mention Danks as a replacement and say someone ELSE is disregarding intelligence and logic?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 04:46 PM)
It's not a personal insult. He's just your latest "defend at all costs" player now that Morel is injured.

You disregard all your intelligence and logic to defend sone of these guys, for what reason, I don't know.

Frankly I think it's more insulting to me that I feel obliged to respond to this horses***.

Well, I'm going to drop it here and I think this says plenty right there.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 02:48 PM)
You mention Danks as a replacement and say someone ELSE is disregarding intelligence and logic?

How does it logically follow that by desiring to trade a player, I also must believe his replacement is somehow better or different?

Your question was who would then play LF. Not who would be a better player to replace a tank with?

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)
Except here:

Depends what you got back, obviously. Probably Danks.

You have absolutely no ability to analyze debates.

You do not have a good grasp of the English language.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 02:48 PM)
Well, I'm going to drop it here and I think this says plenty right there.

Spare me, Balta.

How about your lame post telling me Viciedo improved his walk rates in the minors?

Just because you choose to insult people passive aggressively does not mean it is not an insult.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 03:49 PM)
How does it logically follow that by desiring to trade a player, I also must believe his replacement is somehow better or different?

Give it up. Seriously. Jordan Danks would be playing LF in a pennant race, and you would trade Viciedo to someone who would offer a lot . You don't think he'll ever get better, but you're sure there are teams out there who do. Silly.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 04:52 PM)
Spare me, Balta.

How about your lame post telling me Viciedo improved his walk rates in the minors?

Just because you choose to insult people passive aggressively does not mean it is not an insult.

Shack, this is really crossing every personal attack line we have. I'm being gentle here.

WTF are you swinging at? Garbage, absolute garbage.

Viciedo shows patience at the plate ,so what does Alexai do? Walks right up there and swings at garbage.

perfect, brilliant.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 02:54 PM)
Shack, this is really crossing every personal attack line we have. I'm being gentle here.

You want to suspend me while simultaneously allowing DA to play with no rules, you go right ahead.

It is not a personal attack to characterize your post as lame.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 02:52 PM)
Spare me, Balta.

Viciedo...did....improve his walk rate in the minors :ph34r:

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 02:52 PM)
Give it up. Seriously. Jordan Danks would be playing LF in a pennant race, and you would trade Viciedo to someone who would offer a lot . You don't think he'll ever get better, but you're sure there are teams out there who do. Silly.

Honestly, DA, you ask one question, which I answer, and you then run with it under a completely different premise. I don't know if you do it purposefully or not, but for someone who runs around digging up posts to quote all the time, it's pretty damn weak.

Take Balta's example:

If we got Hamels back, he would clearly not play LF for us on days he didn't pitch. Does that mean that is the reason not to make that trade?

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 03:55 PM)
You want to suspend me while simultaneously allowing DA to play with no rules, you go right ahead.

It is not a personal attack to characterize your post as lame.

Agreed. Not even worth the warning.

Edited by Marty34

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 02:57 PM)
Viciedo...did....improve his walk rate in the minors :ph34r:

Yeah, and go back and read it in context...because I was clearly TALKING ABOUT THE MAJOR LEAGUES.