Gamethread: Sox vs Yanks 7/1/12

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
Honestly, DA, you ask one question, which I answer, and you then run with it under a completely different premise. I don't know if you do it purposefully or not, but for someone who runs around digging up posts to quote all the time, it's pretty damn weak.

Take Balta's example:

If we got Hamels back, he would clearly not play LF for us on days he didn't pitch. Does that mean that is the reason not to make that trade!

No one knows what Viciedo's trade value is. Not me, not Balta, not Marty, not you and not KW. He's not going anywhere, KW loves him. So you can say trade him every game thread, he'll never improve, that's fine. But unless you're really hoping that so you can pat yourself on the back in a couple years, its really just a waste of time, and you're going to be doing it forever. He's here for the long haul.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 03:04 PM)
No one knows what Viciedo's trade value is. Not me, not Balta, not Marty, not you and not KW. He's not going anywhere, KW loves him. So you can say trade him every game thread, he'll never improve, that's fine. But unless you're really hoping that so you can pat yourself on the back in a couple years, its really just a waste of time, and you're going to be doing it forever. He's here for the long haul.

Well you can ignore me too...but instead you need to argue with everything I post since I'm the person you always wanted to be in life.

Detroit and Cleveland gain another game on us. s***

Funny how the two rookie pitchers lead us to victories. And the two veteran pitchers lead us towards losses.

It's not really their fault but its just funny how things work.

With this stacked lineup its embarrassing that we can't score runs. Somebody pinpoint what the hell is the matter with this team? And don't say we got beat by a good pitcher, thats not a valid excuse.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 03:13 PM)
Well you can ignore me too...but instead you need to argue with everything I post since I'm the person you always wanted to be in life.

lol like lol

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 04:13 PM)

Wow. I can tell you I'm very happy being me. I really don't want to be someone who posts stuff like this on message boards. It was obviously an effort to get me to do something silly, but it won't happen, and you are now officially ignored.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 03:16 PM)
Detroit and Cleveland gain another game on us. s***

Funny how the two rookie pitchers lead us to victories. And the two veteran pitchers lead us towards losses.

It's not really their fault but its just funny how things work.

With this stacked lineup its embarrassing that we can't score runs. Somebody pinpoint what the hell is the matter with this team? And don't say we got beat by a good pitcher, thats not a valid excuse.

The handedness of our lineup cost us dearly today. Two righties for us hit what would be bombs anywhere else while Eric Chavez hit a bomb that would not be a bomb nowhere else.

The handedness of our lineup cost us dearly today. Two righties for us hit what would be bombs anywhere else while Eric Chavez hit a bomb that would not be a bomb nowhere else.

thats an interesting take. Imo, that last at bat by Ramirez personified in microcosm whats wrong with this team. Too many guys swing at pitches that would be balls and walks if they just took them. But they swing at it because they want every at bat to be a hit or a HR.

We're a big power team, which means we need guys on base to take advantage of the homers we hit. But guys aren't getting on base enough.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 04:25 PM)
thats an interesting take. Imo, that last at bat by Ramirez personified in microcosm whats wrong with this team. Too many guys swing at pitches that would be balls and walks if they just took them. But they swing at it because they want every at bat to be a hit or a HR.

We're a big power team, which means we need guys on base to take advantage of the homers we hit. But guys aren't getting on base enough.

Completely agree with this. Our teams plate discipline is atrocious and needs to improve, but today Gavin Floyd did not have the stuff he has been showing his last two starts. He looked uncomfortable in this game where he looked damn near unhittable in his last two starts. Wonder what was wrong today to where he could not get ahead of a yankee bat and that includes every player in their order today.