Do yourselves a favor

brijames

This season is over, history, toast whatever you want to call it. Find other things to do with your time and save yourselves the aggravation of yet another wasted season. This team has no character whatsoever. They fold under any expectations whatsoever. You can take this to the bank, the rangers will score 10 runs tommorrow and win easily!

this is the third post I've seen from you, all of which you are saying the same old b****y crap.

if you think that way, please leave the board idiot.

why would you register just to post crap like this?

anyone else getting tired of this goof?

it isn't about having a point, it is about registering to simply say the season is over with no logic behind it.

f***, we were 8 games back, people said it was over and why? because we were 8 games back, YET we fought back.

now we are 2 games back and this guy says it is over and why? no idea, especially considering we will be playing the Royals and Twins ALOT in September. you know who they are, right? the two teams everyone said we couldn't beat, yet we've beaten them this season.

it is as simple as that.

this is the third post I've seen from you, all of which you are saying the same old b****y crap. 

I understand your view, but i also understand his. We have all the talent in the world and the drive to win of a team that just doesnt give a f***. He is frustrated, and i believe he should be allowed to vent those frustrations. Dont you?

There's still a lot of season left, and as I have said before, the AL Central team that wins the most of these last 14 games against the other upper 2 teams in the division will win it. One team will be dominant in these games, and if tonight is any sign of the future, it probably will not be the Royals. If I had to put money on a team, I would put it on the White Sox. They have been better head-to-head against the Royals and Twinks then the Royals or Twins have against the other two.

I understand your view, but i also understand his. We have all the talent in the world and the drive to win of a team that just doesnt give a f***. He is frustrated, and i believe he should be allowed to vent those frustrations. Dont you?

The guy has every right to be pissed off. The team is playing like crap (Once again) and they are doing it against bad teams.

I'm sick and tired of seeing this team get up for the good teams but play like absolute crap against the bad ones.

Well, if they dont win the division, Manuel will be gone. There's 1 +.

This team has more then enough to win this division . Any team can get hot in the playoffs, but your manager can take you right out of the playoffs by not having a clue and fixing what is not broke. I'm sure most of you get my point. Especially MARIO. :lol:

Any chance i get, i'll rip Manuel a new asshole. For those of you who have known me a few years remember that i was one of the few who was pissed when Manuel got manager of theyear in 2000. I couldnt stand his ways then.

Even if we lose Bartolo which we probably will. The core of this team should return for 2004. Also Manuel will be fired barring a serious playoff run that gets us at least 6 games into the ALCS. Something tells me a fresh manager with a fresh attitude could spark something in this team in spring training. After 5 years I think alot of our guys are tired of the same old s*** day in day out.

Even if we lose Bartolo which we probably will.  The core of this team should return for 2004.  Also Manuel will be fired barring a serious playoff run that gets us at least 6 games into the ALCS.  Something tells me a fresh manager with a fresh attitude could spark something in this team in spring training.  After 5 years I think alot of our guys are tired of the same old s*** day in day out.

Off the top of my head here are the F/A's

Valentin

Graffy

Bartolo

Everet

Robby and Sandy

Flash

That's a lot of guys they wont sign.

Valentin is as good as gone, assuming we don't exercise his option.

Graffy could be resigned...he's cheap, and he's a good utility player.

Colon's as good as gone

Everett..... :huh:

Both Alomars.....my best guess....both are gone.

Flash....has an option(like $1.5 mill). He'll be here next year

Daubach is too(like he's getting any PT anyways)....Lee is arb eligible, but I believe he can turn it down if he chooses, so he could become a FA too.

Basically, that could be a lot of draft picks we get next year. If I'm thinking right, that could be a win-win situation. Either we get a ton of draft picks, or we get a bunch of guys back(because we'd have to offer them arbitration to get the draft picks, and if they resign, we have them for next year....works in my book)

You're right, Ghost. Lee is not a FA unless we don't offer him arbitration. Strictly a matter of service time. We still control Lee.

Regarding Jose, if we son't start sitting him, he will get the 575 at bats necessary to kick in his $5 MM option for 2004. He is right on track to get them. If that happens we will have a shortstop hitting .230 next year who would command about half a mill on the open market getting $5 large from us.

season is over, Murcie -

JM sucks

JR sucks

KW sucks

we can never make up two games

get the white flag out of your ass and wave with with the rest of the people who have given up

Cw, Kc already lost today and we have Colon on the hill. If the Sox pull it out tonight, then everybodys views will all of the sudden change when were 1 out of first. As Dave Wills said, "Dont feel too high about wins, and too low about losses."

Flubs update: Cubs come back to earth and lose to LA 10-5, falling back to 2nd with a Houston win.

Bottom line:

We have the best pitching in the division.

That's an indisputable fact.

Good pitching will shut down good hitting every time.

On paper we have one of the most feared lineups in the league.

However; this year in the division it's #3.

So, my advice to the brainless (JM):

Put Frank at 1B tonight & try to break the losing streak.

The odds still rest in our favor to win the division.

Bottom line:

So, my advice to the brainless (JM):

Put Frank at 1B tonight & try to break the losing streak.

The odds still rest in our favor to win the division.

I agree, atleast put Frank at 1B for one damn game. He looked f***ing pathetic last night, nearly had 4 K's. Konerkos defense hasnt exactly helped us in the last week. Though putting Frank at 1B should give Manuel no reason to tinker with the lineup; everything should remain the same supposing Paulie will be playing DH.

The reason they have the unbalanced schedule is so if you win the division it will be because you beat everyone else in your division. The Sox have beaten the Twins and Royals so far this season with a 14-10 record, and as long as they are close like they are now, they have a chance because the last 20 days of september they play the Twins and Royals 14 times. That is when the division will be won.

I don't know how this team can go 12-1 out of the break and everyone jumps back on the bandwagon, then struggles in six games and everyone is ready to jump off.

fact is, this guy just signed up days ago, when this all started, and has only said, "this team is done, forget about them".

you can complain, I don't mind that, but there is no point to have continous posts about this team being done. if you believe that, say it and move on.