Driving to Wsox game

GoodAsGould

I usually take the train to the games but tomorrow will be driving from the Schaumburg area. Game is at 7 10 so if anyone could give me an info what a good time to leave would be and if there is a certain route better to avoid traffic etc. would be much appreciated.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 12:11 PM)
I usually take the train to the games but tomorrow will be driving from the Schaumburg area. Game is at 7 10 so if anyone could give me an info what a good time to leave would be and if there is a certain route better to avoid traffic etc. would be much appreciated.

Not really any good routes from up there bro. Maybe get off at river road and take that south for awhile. Its going to be hell if you take 90 to 94 and try to go south through the north side.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 12:11 PM)

Traffic seemed lite this morning driving in from the south so maybe you will get a weekend type commute down 290. The holiday out of town going folks should not affect you.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 12:20 PM)
Not really any good routes from up there bro. Maybe get off at river road and take that south for awhile. Its going to be hell if you take 90 to 94 and try to go south through the north side.

I am going on Tuesday as well. Driving up from the southwest suburbs (Lockport) is much easier though. Use google maps and see what it tells you to take, then make alterations from those directions.

If you can avoid driving, get dropped off at the O'hare Blue line and take that in. The total time probably won't be that much different, plus you can just relax and not stress about traffic, and you save on gas+mileage.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 12:22 PM)
Traffic seemed lite this morning driving in from the south so maybe you will get a weekend type commute down 290. The holiday out of town going folks should not affect you.

That could be as well.

usually when I drive in from Schaum after a meeting or something I take 290 then get off at manheim and take back roads until austin.

With that said if you take 90 in you can vault down river road for awhile until you hit 290 or something else then kick over to the dan ryan.

Park across the highway, by the green line. It's an ITT parking lot, across the street from a Starbucks. It's $12 for an all day pass at their kiosk, though there are cheaper options.

Make sure you drive into the part that's gated and has concrete blocks on the other side of the lot. There's a mural facing that side with R. Kelly and Dr. King

If you park on the other side of the concrete blocks, the White Sox get to utilize that parking and it's $20 and they only let you park there when their other lots fill up.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 02:43 PM)
Park across the highway, by the green line. It's an ITT parking lot, across the street from a Starbucks. It's $12 for an all day pass at their kiosk, though there are cheaper options.

Make sure you drive into the part that's gated and has concrete blocks on the other side of the lot. There's a mural facing that side with R. Kelly and Dr. King

If you park on the other side of the concrete blocks, the White Sox get to utilize that parking and it's $20 and they only let you park there when their other lots fill up.

:huh:

I used to live in HE, so did this drive plenty.

Take 290, not 90 - but only on the way there.

Church parking. Off Wentworth right when you get off at 35th and cross through the intersection. If you hit 37th you missed it. You will be out of the lot and on the highway in about 25 seconds. Same exact price as Sox lots.

You could take the blue line, but the drive in all the way to Cumberland sucks unless it's early, and on the back end it takes forever to get home when in the car you'll cruise.

On the way home, take 90. Getting onto 290 takes forever as it goes down to a one lane winding ramp.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 11:16 PM)
I used to live in HE, so did this drive plenty.

Take 290, not 90 - but only on the way there.

Church parking. Off Wentworth right when you get off at 35th and cross through the intersection. If you hit 37th you missed it. You will be out of the lot and on the highway in about 25 seconds. Same exact price as Sox lots.

You could take the blue line, but the drive in all the way to Cumberland sucks unless it's early, and on the back end it takes forever to get home when in the car you'll cruise.

On the way home, take 90. Getting onto 290 takes forever as it goes down to a one lane winding ramp.

This.

If you miss the church parking, take the right onto 37th and do one of those lots on the south side of the stadium. Way easier to get out over there.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 11:03 AM)
The Sox B lot does the same thing.

Really? The only time I've ever had a truly awful parking experience at a sox game was in Lot B. It took about an hour just to get out of the lot. This was probably back in like 03 or 04 though.

QUOTE (SnB @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 11:09 AM)
Really? The only time I've ever had a truly awful parking experience at a sox game was in Lot B. It took about an hour just to get out of the lot. This was probably back in like 03 or 04 though.

Yeah, that is where I always park if I can. I dumps right on to the feeder street next to the Ryan. once you go through the light at 35th you jump right on to the south bound ryan ramp.