GT: Texas Rangers @ Chicago White Sox

justBLAZE

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 07:53 PM)
Yes, but not this bad. In fact, i think that he had streaks where he was decent. But there aren't too many hitters that are going to play once a week and be good.

There were always warning signs due to his awful K rate

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 07:04 PM)
I wonder if the Sox plan on scoring today?

Seems like the Sox are really struggling against LHP. They desperately need Viciedo to get going this weekend, as they'll be facing 3 more LHP.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 12:39 PM)
I'm still skeptical of New Q. I want to think he is great, I really do, but I just can't figure out his dominance just yet.

He just has an amazing plan out there, he executes it well, and keeps his head on straight no matter what. s*** is going to happen that will regress his numbers a bit, but I think he's here to stay. Folks know that I've been critical of our other rookie starter with less than stellar stuff but Q is real.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 12:46 PM)
A year ago, many thought he was Pierzynski's replacement. Now, not so much. He couldn't hit my changeup.

I think Tyler as a full-time player would manage something like .220-.250 AVG, .300-.330 OBP, 20-25 HR, and perhaps 150-200 Ks. His game is one that when not playing full-time, all of those rates take a hit. He'll probably get a big league job one day, he'll stick for a year or so and then hang around as a back up and then we'll all forget him in all likelihood.