I f*cking love Kevin Youkilis

Steve9347

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 02:03 PM)
I can't remember all the specifics of the issue but KW wanting Sale to be the closer after looking so comfortable as a starter had to be the most idiotic thing to consider ever.

I dont hate Kenny and if the Youk deal is an indication of what he has in store the next 10 years I am excited about that, but he has made some unbelievably bad moves as GM as well.

I don't think he's a bad GM. This is the first acquisition he's made that I was happy about in a long time. Perfect trade. Two complete stiffs for Youk. Nice deal by KW. Is it unfair of me to want a deal like that once in a while?

1) It was everyone but Sale who supported it in the clubhouse if I remember. And it was to protect his arm. But more kudos to Sale for not letting it happen.

2) Those deals don't happen all the time. The Lakers are in the NBA.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 02:14 PM)
1) It was everyone but Sale who supported it in the clubhouse if I remember. And it was to protect his arm. But more kudos to Sale for not letting it happen.

2) Those deals don't happen all the time. The Lakers are in the NBA.

WHY CAN'T WE TRADE FOR GRETSZGY?

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 11:09 AM)
He's had a good year in AA? To be fair? Seriously? Who gives a s*** what he does in AA?

People who give a s*** how a prospect develops and how he projects the Major Leagues, mostly. He's a 20 year old in AA holding his own. He's not a superstar but all signs point to him being, at minimum, a middle of the rotation starter and possibly as high as a #2.

And, if you had read, you would see that he hasn't really had that good of a year in AA, but he's 20 years old so it's forgiven. There aren't many guys who are 20 years old pitching in AA.

Merely stating that the Jackson-Hudson trade doesn't begin and end with those two. I have no problem with Kenny Williams or the Chicago White Sox, so if you were trying to start a flame war instigating such, you have failed. The Kevin Youkilis move is one of the best he's made in several years, even if it was a no-brainer.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 02:27 PM)
People who give a s*** how a prospect develops and how he projects the Major Leagues, mostly. He's a 20 year old in AA holding his own. He's not a superstar but all signs point to him being, at minimum, a middle of the rotation starter and possibly as high as a #2.

And, if you had read, you would see that he hasn't really had that good of a year in AA, but he's 20 years old so it's forgiven. There aren't many guys who are 20 years old pitching in AA.

Merely stating that the Jackson-Hudson trade doesn't begin and end with those two. I have no problem with Kenny Williams or the Chicago White Sox, so if you were trying to start a flame war instigating such, you have failed. The Kevin Youkilis move is one of the best he's made in several years, even if it was a no-brainer.

Trying to start a flame war? Stop being so melodramatic. Why even bring up a kid that was traded in 2010 and still hasn't had success outside of A ball?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 01:03 PM)
I can't remember all the specifics of the issue but KW wanting Sale to be the closer after looking so comfortable as a starter had to be the most idiotic thing to consider ever.

I dont hate Kenny and if the Youk deal is an indication of what he has in store the next 10 years I am excited about that, but he has made some unbelievably bad moves as GM as well.

I don't think he's a bad GM. This is the first acquisition he's made that I was happy about in a long time. Perfect trade. Two complete stiffs for Youk. Nice deal by KW. Is it unfair of me to want a deal like that once in a while?

give me a list of those unbelievably bad moves, plz.

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 08:08 PM)
He's a better player than Hudson. That was my point, and I stand by it.

Regardless of their respective current averages at their respective current levels, I disagree.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 11:09 PM)
Someone needs to bump the thread I've made early in the season when Phil Rodgers first suggested this idea.

This thread:

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...=85391&st=0

And I scooped you and Phil Rodgers by about a day!

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=2594331

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 10:33 PM)

Very good job sir, there wasn't too much bashing in the thread, albeit many thought this trade was a pipe dream.

ESPN continues to talk about Youk like he is the second coming of a certain Jewish carpenter named Jesus H. Christ.