southsider2k5

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (G&T @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 02:32 PM)
Sox currently have 3 starters with WHIPs below 1. I don't know if they will stay healthy, but that's a real tough rotation to deal with.

Flip a coin for which one (Danks or Humber) goes in the rotation when they're back, cuz Quintana's here to stay.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 03:34 PM)
Isn't it odd how people rip our farm system, yet we pull guys like Quintana and De Aza out of our asses?

And to a lesser extent, Beckham, Viciedo and Dylan have all been serviceable starters as well.

Quintana came from the Yankees system... and De Aza from the Marlins...

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 03:34 PM)
Flip a coin for which one (Danks or Humber) goes in the rotation when they're back, cuz Quintana's here to stay.

Yeahhhhh, if I'm choosing between Danks and Humber I don't think any coin flipping will be occuring

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 03:36 PM)
Yeahhhhh, if I'm choosing between Danks and Humber I don't think any coin flipping will be occuring

honestly i see their upsides being identical...

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 03:34 PM)

Danks put the lefty in the rotation put humber in the Pen besides his perfect game he has not been great at all. Danks was hurt thats why i think he pitched mediocore at best. This team with those two arms healthy might put us deep in the hunt for october.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 03:39 PM)
Danks >>>> Humber.

When he proves he can get his WHIP back under 1.30, then I'll agree with you. Obviously Danks has better stuff, and a better track record, and is paid a lot more, but I dunno. I don't see him ever being a lights out starter. More of a high 3s, low 4s, 1.30 whip kind of guy who can't go late into games.

Shouldn't that Sports Illustrated writer who predicted The White Sox would lose 95 games, have to appear before the next game and beg our forgiveness?

If there was justice in the pundit biz this is what would happen.

Edited by Tannerfan

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 04:40 PM)
It reminds me of the commercial where the guy is choosing between the nice new looking parachute, and the one with string and duct tape.

Hell, if you just wanted to go with...waht do we need in the bullpen more...the answer is a righty.

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 02:41 PM)
Shouldn't that Sports Illistrated writer who predicted The White Sox would lose 95 games, have to appear before the next game and beg our forgiveness?

If there was justice in the pundit biz this is what would happen.

And could we throw stuff at him? :D

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 03:41 PM)
When he proves he can get his WHIP back under 1.30, then I'll agree with you. Obviously Danks has better stuff, and a better track record, and is paid a lot more, but I dunno. I don't see him ever being a lights out starter. More of a high 3s, low 4s, 1.30 whip kind of guy who can't go late into games.

A. The person you just described is better than Humber.

B. Danks had 3 seasons of a mid-3s ERA and 1.2 WHIP which is better than Humber has ever been.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 01:43 PM)
And could we throw stuff at him? :D

Hopefully the Sox hold off on the gloating until they win 95+ games en route to a world series title! Either way, I'm enjoying this season one day at a time. After a couple consecutive frustrating years, this year has been great thus far.