GT: Toronto Blue Jays @ Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 01:20 PM)
Yeah, it would be nice if our 7th starter wasn't needed, so I agree, please let this be it for Axe in the rotation.

Yup I agree he has no business being on this team, but I'm really not a fan of giving up games like this one and the Stewart Cubs one...

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 02:21 PM)
Yup I agree he has no business being on this team, but I'm really not a fan of giving up games like this one and the Stewart Cubs one...

If we're going to be competitive with Chris Sale as a key starting pitcher, giving up a game is going to be unavoidable. It's just another hangover from being "all in" and putting him in the bullpen last year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 01:20 PM)
Would you throw a strike if you faced a home run hitting club with the stuff he has today?

Well throwing balls isn't really helping him either

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 06:23 PM)
Well throwing balls isn't really helping him either

Oh I agree, it's just why putting him on the mound with less than his best stuff was never going to work. 6 homers in 26 innings this year.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 01:24 PM)
Just show some composure Dylan, and get through the next 6 innings without giving up any more. Then all is forgiven :)

He's probably got three more innings, if that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 01:24 PM)
Oh I agree, it's just why putting him on the mound with less than his best stuff was never going to work. 6 homers in 26 innings this year.

Come on, the guy maxes out at 90, "less than his best stuff" is 86 instead of 87 mph.

Maybe he just is getting burned because he isn't all that good.