GT: Toronto Blue Jays @ Chicago White Sox

justBLAZE

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 01:48 PM)
Especially with all the days off coming up.

Precisely my point. No one in the pen is going to pitch for four days after this game. You can abuse the entire bullpen today and it won't matter.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 06:54 PM)
Precisely my point. No one in the pen is going to pitch for four days after this game. You can abuse the entire bullpen today and it won't matter.

Honestly, I thought Sale should have started and gone 5 innings or so today. You could have easily pulled him two innings earlier in his last game, and then just had him miss the ASG.

I'm not sure how many people remember this, but in 1990 there was a shortened spring training due to a labor stoppage IIRC, and MLB decided to start the regular season at the regular time despite not much time teams had to get prepared in ST.

Anyhow, it forced most teams to just run a new pitcher out there every 2-3 innings for the first month of the season or so until the SP's could get their arm strength built up. It actually worked out quite well for us in the beginning of that year!

We need to follow this plan of attack today. No more than 3 IP for Axelrod. Let's use our pen today and see what happens.