GT: Toronto Blue Jays @ Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 05:10 PM)
I like his game behind the plate. I'd take Gimenez too over Flowers.

I hate nitpicking about a backup catcher, but yeah, let's see if we can do better than Flowers down the stretch. God forbid AJ gets hurt.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 04:11 PM)
Are you talking about the Indians?

Agreed. Not nearly our worst loss, not even close.

Doesn't even make me bummed out heading into the break. We're going to come out smokin'!

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
Deunte Heath optioned to Charlotte. Hardly knew ye.

Humber back Friday?

Hopefully, I've seen enough of Axelrod.

Castro, you better get healthy in case Humber f***s up again!

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 04:48 PM)

Either I'm not reading those graphs correctly, or they are not accurate at all. There were two balls way outside to Rios in just one at bat that were called strikes that I don't see represented on those graphs. Or was the "Pitch Trax" on WGN that far off?

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 05:31 PM)
Either I'm not reading those graphs correctly, or they are not accurate at all. There were two balls way outside to Rios in just one at bat that were called strikes that I don't see represented on those graphs. Or was the "Pitch Trax" on WGN that far off?

There are two red squares on the far right of the non-normalized plots. Those are the calls against Rios. One was probably six to eight inches outside, the other about three inches.

To clarify on the terrible loss comment, I thought it was a great effort by the entire team today. Unfortunately, it seemed they had to overcome a terrible strategy with Axelrod. Still thrilled with where things stand, and I hope everyone enjoys the break

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 04:48 PM)
To clarify on the terrible loss comment, I thought it was a great effort by the entire team today. Unfortunately, it seemed they had to overcome a terrible strategy with Axelrod. Still thrilled with where things stand, and I hope everyone enjoys the break

This was one of Hawk's 42 games that could have gone either way. Not one of Robin's better games.

I'm totally fine with the loss. This team doesn't quit. In the past this could have easily been a 10-0 blowout deflater.

I'm also fine because I have nightmares of 2010, where, in my opinion a long streak leading into the All-Star break killed the entire momentum the team had. Yes they won the first game back against Minnesota (The eventual division champ) but it was pretty much all downhill from there. Minny won the last two games and proceeded to leapfrog the Sox and make the second half miserable.

And honestly I'm sick of MY TEAM never getting national coverage. Sale possibly starting the All-Star game would be awesome in my opinion. And just seeing him against the NL's best if he doesnt start will be great just the same.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 05:42 PM)
There are two red squares on the far right of the non-normalized plots. Those are the calls against Rios. One was probably six to eight inches outside, the other about three inches.

Thanks. I see my mistake now, I was looking at it as if the view was from the pitcher looking towards the plate but now I see the view is from the umpires perspective.