GT: Toronto Blue Jays @ Chicago White Sox

justBLAZE

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 02:05 PM)
This is worse than the Neal Cotts/Manuel disaster

Cotts gave up four or five in that game I believe. So yeah, it's already worse.

Edited by Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Axelrod starts the 4th inning, it's like we are literally TRYING to lose this game. Embarassing.

Maybe we are, maybe Ventura doesn't care. Maybe he treated this as a throw away game. We did win the series already.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 02:07 PM)
I never want to see another game started by Axelrod or Humber.....

At least Humber has been productive at the major league level for us before.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 08:07 PM)
There's a right hander up in the pen now. The demerol in Ventura's water must have finally worn off.

That Johnson homer seemed to kill any momentum Sox had. Who knows, this might be a day where the rookie relievers pitch like rookies and we give up 20.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 02:08 PM)
Who's going to be the 5th starter then?

Call up Simon Castro after the all star break, should be off the DL and at least his time in majors could be useful down the road or make a trade. A team looking to make the playoffs can't have the crap that those 2 are going to give us...

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 03:12 PM)
Call up Simon Castro after the all star break, should be off the DL and at least his time in majors could be useful down the road or make a trade. A team looking to make the playoffs can't have the crap that those 2 are going to give us...

We still have no idea why Castro is on the DL in the first place....and he could really benefit from some time to get comfortable in AAA, considering he got there last year and got beaten up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 07:13 PM)
We still have no idea why Castro is on the DL in the first place....and he could really benefit from some time to get comfortable in AAA, considering he got there last year and got beaten up.

Yeah, he's definitely not a likely option at this time. I'd be absolutely stunned if they don't give Humber another try, and I also think we'll see Axelrod get a start after the ASB as well.